PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-13-2006, 04:47 PM #1
AAP-Baller
Will sponsor a team.

Getting Sponsored in 6 Easy Steps

There probably are a whole bunch of these threads out there, but I felt mine was worth sharing with all of you.

--

So you want to know how to get sponsored paintballing? You want to be the next big thing on the paintball scene, getting free paintball gear and having your name plastered across your jersey for everyone to see when you leave them in the dust? Becoming a sponsored paintballer isn't too tricky, as long as you have the heart and the skill.

Becoming a Sponsored Paintballer - Step One: Live to Paintball

First off, you need to play paintball. A lot. In fact, the more you paintball, the better your chances are at getting sponsored. Paintball companies want to sponsor people who can promote their company, and can use you as a tool to generate revenue, so get out there. Paintball day and night, even if your not at a field, practice shooting and accuracy drills in your backyard, snap shots, anything you can.

Step Two: Enter Paintball Tournaments

If you live in a town of any size at all, there has to be small local paintball tournaments around. Hunt them down - ask at your local pro-shop and check online. You may have to travel a bit, but once you are good enough, you should start trying to hit paintball tournies. Paintball tournies are one of the best places to get noticed for sponsorship. Don't worry if you don't do well right away, just keep at it!

And once you do well, continue on to larger and harder paintball tournies(NPPL, Millenium, PSP, etc..) - if you want some major paintball sponsors, doing well at large paintball events is one of the only ways to get noticed!

Step Three: Make a Video

Get a buddy to film you and your team paintballing - edit the video so that it only shows the best paintballing you can do. Try filming yourself paintballing in a variety of tournies, pulling off run throughs or any underdog moves. Paintball companies get a pile of Paintballing videos from people who want to become sponsored paintballers, so you'll need to make sure that your "sponsor me" video is well made, and has something interesting in it to catch their attention. This can be a funny stunt, or something. Remember, if you try for the funny part, to make sure that your video does mostly feature your paintballing, though! Make sure the video will keep the sponsor watching it all the way through.

Finally, with the "sponsor me" paintballing video, try to keep it short, with only the best parts. These companies really do gets a lot of sponsorship paintballing videos, and they have seen a lot, so try to keep it short and interesting. As you get better at paintball, you'll probably make newer and better videos - that's great!

Step Four: Paintball Company Contacts

Once you have your video, you'll want to send it out to your favorite paintball companies! Gather a list of your favorite paintball companies, most of them on their website will have a designated e-mail for you to e-mail them, or give you a list of things you want to include in the e-mail.

I recomend trying for smaller paintball companies first, and working up to larger ones. In the same way, your local pro-shop might sponsor people - that's also an excellent place to start. And whether the pro-shop sponsors paintballers or not, they will know other info and have their own contacts with paintballing companies that you might be able to send your sponsorship video to.

Another great way to get sponsored is by getting to know people at the paintballing companies that you want to be sponsored by. Try to find out who is in charge of spaintballing sponsorships, contact them, and get to know them.

Step Five: Be Cool

How to Get Paintballing Sponsors - Be Cool Through all of this, make sure that you aren't cocky and arrogant. These companies who want to sponsor you will want someone who is fun to work with; someone who is friendly. Do your best to curb your ego and relax.

It also helps if you can improve your image. You will be representing these companies who will sponsor you, so take a look at the image that company has and make sure you match it. If the company is rough and hardcore, then they will want to sponsor people who look that way. If the company is fun and goofy, again, it will improve your chances to get sponsored in paintballing if you match. You don't necessarialy need to change the way you look - instead, look for companies to sponsor you that match you.

That being said, it is true that some companies won't sponsor paintballers purely because of how they look. That might seem lame, but it's their money. Either change, or go for other companies!

Step Six: Relax and have fun with it

Finally, the most important part is to just relax and have fun. Paintball because you love it, and it will show. It may take you a while to get sponsored in paintball - or it may take you no time at all. Either way, just relax, have fun, and enjoy yourself. Trust me, when you love to paintball, it shows in your paintballing.

I hope the guide can help you. Take care.

- Josh

"Originally Posted by lightrick: When you get made, make sure you yell "Viva la ST!" into the camera on multiple occasions."

Last edited by AAP-Baller : 07-13-2006 at 04:55 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-13-2006, 04:52 PM #2
TheOsiris12
DPB

so im guessing you edited a skateboarding sponsorship guide to fit paintball? Oh well, nice guide anyways..
Old 07-13-2006, 04:53 PM #3
paintdude171
Teh SpleenBeGone

has been a member for 10 years
3 steps

redz.com
fill out form
submit...
Old 07-13-2006, 04:54 PM #4
AAP-Baller
Will sponsor a team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOsiris12
so im guessing you edited a skateboarding sponsorship guide to fit paintball? Oh well, nice guide anyways..
Pretty Much.

"Originally Posted by lightrick: When you get made, make sure you yell "Viva la ST!" into the camera on multiple occasions."
Old 07-13-2006, 05:01 PM #5
yur_bunkered
wanna dip my balls in it

my team has been scouted and we had to turn them down. They wernt huge sponsor just like near by feild. We just couldnt do all the things they wanted us to it sucks. Soon tho. Good post tho
Old 07-13-2006, 05:17 PM #6
SKI008
Fear my Join Date

For number 4, you may want to say something about starting small, like with your local shop. Becasue companies like Dye aren't going to sponser just any body. Otherwise, this was a pretty nice guide.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:47 PM #7
Spinal
Spyder ftw

so basically all sponsored players are tools
Elite Spyder Owners
Back in black
Old 07-13-2006, 05:51 PM #8
rockintheladies
NatUrAl KillErs

ya pretty much
NEW ACCOUNT kanadakid
Old 07-13-2006, 06:09 PM #9
su8lime

su8lime is a Supporting Member
su8lime supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKI008
For number 4, you may want to say something about starting small, like with your local shop. Becasue companies like Dye aren't going to sponser just any body. Otherwise, this was a pretty nice guide.
yeah start small
Old 07-13-2006, 06:18 PM #10
ownedbymyion
Mental Breakdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdude171
3 steps

redz.com
fill out form
submit...

i lol'd

"Don't rumble with the boys if you can't take the hits."
Old 07-13-2006, 06:21 PM #11
AAP-Baller
Will sponsor a team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinal
so basically all sponsored players are tools
Lol, you know what i mean. Tools for the sponsors to get their product out, yes.

Old 07-13-2006, 06:24 PM #12
Teampredator
F* You, Pay me

aap-baller who are you sponsored by?
MINI Militia Captain #1
Buckeye Ballaz Club #7
Ohio Ballers Club #34
My Feedback +5/-0
If i can earn a ton of money a month so can you use this referall code on cashcrate and you will be way on your way 1132593
Old 07-13-2006, 06:34 PM #13
paintdude171
Teh SpleenBeGone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbymyion
i lol'd
haha, well, technicaly, it is a sponser...
Old 07-13-2006, 06:44 PM #14
AAP-Baller
Will sponsor a team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teampredator
aap-baller who are you sponsored by?
Razor Paintball and Norther Lights Laser

Razor Paintball gives us discounts on everything they sell, and Northern Lights Laser pays for Hotel, Paint, Entry Fee's, and Travel.

Old 07-13-2006, 07:05 PM #15
ToxicBalla28
Hi.

Im sure your sponsor would love to know you tell everyone your deals...

9.14.10 - R.I.P. Ronnie Butler
Old 07-13-2006, 07:23 PM #16
Teampredator
F* You, Pay me

what is northern lights laser?
MINI Militia Captain #1
Buckeye Ballaz Club #7
Ohio Ballers Club #34
My Feedback +5/-0
If i can earn a ton of money a month so can you use this referall code on cashcrate and you will be way on your way 1132593
Old 07-13-2006, 07:40 PM #17
AAP-Baller
Will sponsor a team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teampredator
what is northern lights laser?
My teamates dads company.

Old 07-13-2006, 07:41 PM #18
AAP-Baller
Will sponsor a team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicBalla28
Im sure your sponsor would love to know you tell everyone your deals...
1. It's nothing new that sponsors give out discounts, since that's all RazorPaintball.com does for us, and Norther Lights Laser is owned my by teamates dad, so he doesn't really care.

Old 07-13-2006, 07:59 PM #19
AAP-Baller
Will sponsor a team.

y do u guys ask?

Old 07-13-2006, 10:54 PM #20
oneXzero
Killin' suckers since '99

sticky this. itll get rid of those
"hi, were a new team looking for sponsors, we really dont have the money to play, but with sponsors we would totally rock. just give it to us for free" threads

pm5 for SALE!
Old 07-13-2006, 11:07 PM #21
Slacker04
I wanna talk to SAMSON

Slacker04 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
what is that i smell, smells kinda like a sticky.

UNIVERSITY of PITTSBURGH PANTHERS