Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-20-2002, 10:13 PM #1
Trinot

Trinot is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Why no pros use drops?

Why do no pros use drops. I haft you use a drop because my 88 feels to weird with no drop on it at all. Is there a reason why none of the pros use drops? Is it because they are used to it or because its better for a reason.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-20-2002, 10:19 PM #2
Deep Sixx

Because drop forwards suck. They make your marker taller and thereby increase your profile. They make it uncomfortable and unnatural to properly shoulder it or "cradle" it in your arm... whichever your style. IMO, the perfect position for the tank is right behind, with the front curve of the bottle almost touching the back of the grip. Exactly where an adjustable (Max-Flow, AIR, Flatline, etc) would be with no drop, or a screw in would be with a small drop.

Try it... it's way more comfortable.

D6
Old 12-20-2002, 10:26 PM #3
muska1807

muska1807 is a Supporting Member
actually pros do use drops, just look. at least pros with screw-in's do. i have a screw in so i have to have a stubby shcoktech with normal bottomline so its not a large drop, if i had an adjustable than i owuld mount it on the frame.
Old 12-20-2002, 10:42 PM #4
Ov3rmind
Banned

Have a screw in? Hate drops? Get a Check It on/off uni-mount ASA. You can get 'em at www.paintballgateway.com. I can tell you from experience, these things are great.

I personally don't recommend drops, nor do I disuade people from getting them. It all depends on how you play and your preference, I've just found that I play a lil' better without one.
Old 12-20-2002, 11:11 PM #5
muska1807

omg i just got my whole bottomline setup ready! ahh i want the damn uni mount!!!!!!!! nooooooo i must save and sell
Old 12-20-2002, 11:31 PM #6
Smeek
I R pukeboy

Annual Supporting Member
Smeek is a Supporting Member
Smeek is a founding member
Smeek plays in the USPL
Smeek supports Bob Gurnsey
Smeek supports our troops
Yes the unimounts are sweet. I have one on my Viking and love it. Plus the on/off is awesome no more sliced orings.
Old 12-21-2002, 12:17 AM #7
pb-afroman
Once there was The People

Hey ov3rmind, thanks for the heads up. Those things look pretty cool. I might pick one up after Christmas and see how I like playing with a gun without a drop. My bushy is pretty tall already
Old 12-21-2002, 12:47 AM #8
Cow

Well my nitro duck mega reg system has a cradle that you have to use but it's no drop, thats fo sho.
Old 12-21-2002, 04:01 PM #9
ajdx1000
GnarKill

ajdx1000 is a Supporting Member
Welcome to the world of stubby tanks. No drop gives you the rifle feel, and thats mainly why I play without one. And basically, the only other reason I dont use a drop is CWS, crooked wrist syndrome.

Trust

www.aaronsjaffe.com
Old 12-21-2002, 04:14 PM #10
Ov3rmind
Banned

Here's a pic, just to show you how the Uni looks with a 68ci tank:
Old 12-21-2002, 04:31 PM #11
pentalecticus
Kill or be killed

Deep sixx

for people that play speedball, a drop foward is a good thing, cuz with a drop foward, your tank goes no lower than your elbow would, and thus it does not increase your profile, also, if you play speedball, you dont want to shoulder your tank, cuz if you do, your gun will be taller, and in speedball you wont want the front of your gun to be 3 feet in front of you, so u buy a drop foward so you can hug the bunker if you need to, not saying you should. but a drop foward, if held and shot properly, decreases your profile actually. but im guessing you play woodsball, so maybe drop fowarss do suck to you, but if you play front, you will want one.

Team Jolly Leprechauns/Killswitch Advance

Goodbye sunshine, I've put it out again, sad

aim: FullOfSorrow921
Old 12-21-2002, 04:36 PM #12
ajdx1000
GnarKill

I play speedball with an 88 45 stubby tank and a 16 inch barrel, I have yet to be shot in the hopper other than spray. I have played both back and front in speedball, Im 6'6" too which adds to the fact that you dont need a drop to hug the bunker or play speedball. In fact, most people that know what they are doing dont hug the bunker, they play off so that if someone comes to bunker them they have that much time to react.

I just reread your post, and I never play woodsball, all hyperball, speedball, and sup air for me.

Trust

www.aaronsjaffe.com
Old 12-21-2002, 04:43 PM #13
pentalecticus
Kill or be killed

read it better,

me: "buy a drop foward so you can hug the bunker if you need to, not saying you should." see, i said that you shouldn't hug the bunker, and i wasn't saying that people that play without drops suck, im just telling deep sixx that they dont increase your profile, they lower it. And im betting that you spend most of your time behind a standup in the back raining paint, am i right??

and whats your height got to do with anything??

Old 12-21-2002, 05:02 PM #14
HostileIntent
Run Thru Ninja

HostileIntent owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Re: Deep sixx

Quote:
Originally posted by pentalecticus
for people that play speedball, a drop foward is a good thing, cuz with a drop foward, your tank goes no lower than your elbow would, and thus it does not increase your profile, also, if you play speedball, you dont want to shoulder your tank, cuz if you do, your gun will be taller, and in speedball you wont want the front of your gun to be 3 feet in front of you, so u buy a drop foward so you can hug the bunker if you need to, not saying you should. but a drop foward, if held and shot properly, decreases your profile actually. but im guessing you play woodsball, so maybe drop fowarss do suck to you, but if you play front, you will want one.

ummmmmmmmm....no. drops do nothing but add. and you want to shoulder your marker. front guys shouldnt have drops. please drop it, good players dont use drops for a reason. so either do what a pro does or do what a kid that plays rec does. which do you think serves a greater purpose playing?

*1ne

"you gotta get that money no matter how you do... secret inditement ****, right thur"
Old 12-21-2002, 05:20 PM #15
pentalecticus
Kill or be killed

i think i'll stay a kid. and i have one question, when in any of my posts did i say i wanted to shoulder my tank?? stone-blind dotard. i said that shouldering your tank is bad. and how does a drop add??? your arm is there anyways when you snap shoot!
and look, yes i do beleive this is from the nppl la open 2002, and why is his tank foward more? cuz he has a drop, and yes, he is a professional. proved you wrong, shutup and go home

if the picture doesn't show, go here: http://www.pbstar.com/gallery/index....ameID=P3080021

Last edited by pentalecticus : 12-21-2002 at 05:30 PM.
Old 12-21-2002, 05:27 PM #16
i like tictacs
first day of my life

penta, you're a retarded noob
Old 12-21-2002, 05:37 PM #17
pentalecticus
Kill or be killed

u spelt my name wrong. because i have a different opinion than everyone else on this thread, i am automaticly a noob, oh, and thanks for reminding me. but i had forgotten that i was retarded too.

Old 12-21-2002, 05:43 PM #18
AutocockerGuy
Damn Im good

AutocockerGuy is a founding member
Penta, as you see in that picture that drop isnt much of one. YOU WOULD NOT CATCH any seasoned NPPL player using a drop much longer than that. Drops make your elbows stick out farther because of the tank being so close to ur body. So when you snap shoot, your eblow comes out first, also your rist sticks out more.

Drops make ur marker taller, I GUESS YOU MR.PRO BALLER. play the snake fine with a drop? Yea... try snap shooting while on ur belly without getting hit in the hopper. Drops are not the way to go, Drops make it harder for you to aim ur marker. Make you slower in bringing ur marker up to ur body.

Please get out of this thread and stop sharing bad information from your rec ball ***.
Old 12-21-2002, 05:50 PM #19
muska1807

penta, if u notice that guy does have a drop, but he is still shoulderin it fine, i need a small drop for my screew in but its not bad. just go play with kapp dropzone.haha i haet those things
Old 12-21-2002, 05:57 PM #20
pentalecticus
Kill or be killed

ok, first off, it can be a 1 inch drop foward, and still be a drop foward, and also, the kapp drop zone can put your tank off to one side or the other if thats what you want, so your elbow wont stick out. and ive already agreed that drops make the marker setup taller, but your elbow will already be there! if your sitting there shouldering your tank on your no drop setup, your probly holding your gun with your elbow either below your gun, or off to the side, which is even worse. and about the snake thing, snakes are ussually barrels layed sideways on the ground, you can crawl with your gun laying flat on the ground, and pop it up with it diagonally so that your hopper stays flat with your gun, and then your drop isn't a problem. and what does hoppers have anything to do with drops? and i would think that with a drop you would be able to get your gun up faster, cuz you dont have to take the time to shoulder the tank, duh. and when in paintball do you really take the time to aim? you pop out, shoot a few, pop in. only in rec ball do you "snipe". i think you need to buy a drop, see what it feels like, and compare the two, not just make blatent guesses while sitting at home without one.

Old 12-21-2002, 06:04 PM #21
ajdx1000
GnarKill

First off the guy in that pic isnt a pro, just because he played NPPL LA doesnt mean he is pro. Second, me saying how tall I am adds to the statement on me not using a drop, I dont get hit in the hopper and I dont use a drop. When in paintball DONT you aim? I know I shoot at people and I aim. Also, I play front when Im playing in advanced walkon and not playing team practices, but I am a backplayer in all other times, yes.

Trust

www.aaronsjaffe.com