Bring Back the NPPL field not the APS REC FIELD - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: What field would you rather play on?
The NPPL 76 91.57%
The APS 7 8.43%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-09-2006, 10:07 PM #1
SubZeroMan
631 RIP

has been a member for 10 years
SubZeroMan owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
SubZeroMan plays in the APPA D3 division
Bring Back the NPPL field not the APS REC FIELD

ok guys my biggest complaint about the GPL series so far, besides misfit reffing the event, and NY teams winning all the time is the fields. What sense does it make for a 7 man event to be run on a rec ball field with bunkers that look like a retard designed em? Where the hell in a 7 man do you see a 50 looking like the one in the GPL 3 event? What sense does it make to play on a rec field when there is a 7 man NPPL regulation field right next to it? If reffing is the problem with running two fields, why not run a field designed for 7 man. NPPL fields are designed with the players in mind. Players need to move on a NPPL to make things happen. The APS field with those big *** cheese things allow a team to just sit in the back and not move and throw paint. I have never seen so many stalemates in a tournament than those in event 3. Another thing is the fact that the field layouts are suppose to be available for practice the week before. Well they were except for the fact that 7 man was not allowed to practice on the rec ballers field until tommy finally got tired of hearing teams ask "are we playin on the _______ (insert negative word) rec ball field" and called cyndi. By this time it was around 3 o clock and all the teams were beat and tired from a long hot practice already. I think maybe 2 games were played on the APS field from 7 man teams and then the layouts changed anyways!!!! It make no sense what so ever. All i ask is that a NPPL feeder series should be run like one. Oh wait it was being run by one with the one sided reffing where no one would move or make a call, let alone paintcheck. The reffing needs to be changed. The most important thing is that a 7 man event should be run on a 7 man field. What is the difference just run the whole 7 man event on a 7 man field. Please leave your input on the field situations in this thread so the GPL hosts could get a feel for our opinions. Normally i am not one to complain, but after 2 events of playin on such an aweful field, i feel it is time that we as players, paying good money to enter such an event spoke up.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-10-2006, 08:09 AM #2
SubZeroMan
631 RIP

SubZeroMan owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
SubZeroMan plays in the APPA D3 division
everyone is voting but please post your comments
Old 07-10-2006, 09:53 AM #3
ESSE

ESSE plays in the PSP
ESSE is playing at Living Legends III
ESSE owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
your team most of went home early
Old 07-10-2006, 10:02 AM #4
The 631
RIP 631

no actually we could have come back the 2nd day but since we knew you would be doin the same reffing on sunday we decided not to and subzeroman is right we dont like to complain i know reffing is a tough job but when i see refs running out of there way to not get hit by paintballs to check someone then there not doing there job and when you call for a paint check and three refs are standing on the sideline and dont move there not doin there job the people on the sideline were reffing better in some games they can see shots from 20 30 ft away and yet you cant see them from 5 10 ft away you being the head ref should be the first to move when someone calls for a paintcheck in your area not tellin some 14 yr old kid to do it who is scared to be hit i heard one of the refs say "yea i saw him get hit but i let him play anyway" GREAT JOB
www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?threadid=884151 for feedback
+6/-0 old feedback
+2/-0 new feedback
Old 07-10-2006, 10:14 AM #5
ESSE

ESSE plays in the PSP
you can cry and say what you want and trust me you didnt say nothing to me in my face so like i said before go cry and keep being the loser you are and you know who i am if you have a problem see me about it dont post **** that is not true. if you can do better then ref gpl 4 and lets see what you do. and if not shut your hole and keep being the loser you are.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:22 AM #6
.HATER. (Banned)
2k4 banned

atleast 7 man players got to play on a 7 man field
they made 5 man players play on that nub field too
Old 07-10-2006, 10:24 AM #7
ESSE

ESSE plays in the PSP
i understand that not cool all 7 man teams should be playing on nppl and the rest on other fields
Old 07-10-2006, 10:33 AM #8
TREADWAY
ummm... word

yea i think that the APS field was set up poorly but it wasnt a hard field to move up...........
Old 07-10-2006, 10:46 AM #9
Evilambassador

the APS field was the worst "7-man" field I've ever played on, but a good team can win on any field so you just gotta deal with it on saturday and play your heart out on sunday in the finals on the NPPL field.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:32 AM #10
long_balla

aps field was the worst...games were so long and so boring ... at least we got ot play on the nppl field on sun.....
Old 07-10-2006, 12:05 PM #11
Fuzi0n
R.I.P Eddy Z

Fuzi0n is a Supporting Member
Fuzi0n owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
ok guys my biggest complaint about the GPL series so far, besides misfit reffing the event, and NY teams winning all the time is the fields.
whats wrong with NY teams
Old 07-10-2006, 12:43 PM #12
mongolian 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESSE
your team most of went home early
wow sumone must have an attitude, maybe if u actually just sucked it up and got some sleep at the hotel, instead of other things u could have stayed awake to see the games instead of talking to ur friend on the side line
Old 07-10-2006, 01:24 PM #13
sloanshack
A FILIPINO FTB REAPER

APS field was GARBAGE

Old 07-10-2006, 01:30 PM #14
BlackMagic2638
-Mikey2Shot-

BlackMagic2638 plays in the USPL
BlackMagic2638 plays in the PSP
BlackMagic2638 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloanshack
APS field was GARBAGE

https://www.facebook.com/Albany.PowerSurge
Old 07-10-2006, 03:26 PM #15
GetBunkerD
LurkerPB.com

Annual Supporting Member
GetBunkerD is a Supporting Member
GetBunkerD posts videos on PbNation
Eamon....all you guys needed was to shoot 2 people, and you would have made the top 8 to advance. Call Cyndi, she will tell you why.
Old 07-10-2006, 08:38 PM #16
The Shocker Rocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloanshack
APS field was GARBAGE
it was poorly mirrored. i reffed sunday (lets not start any complaints of reffing) but when i was standing just outside the tape on the 50 next to the snake, i could see 1 dead box, but not the other one. sorry the refs couldnt do anything about that
609 boys by bradbphoto.com
Old 07-10-2006, 10:25 PM #17
captinvcity

The APS field needs to go and they need more then one 7 man field to run 20+ 7 man prelims in a day. The nppl field was great to play on.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:49 AM #18
smurfpaintball
Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubZeroMan
ok guys my biggest complaint about the GPL series so far, besides misfit reffing the event, and NY teams winning all the time is the fields. What sense does it make for a 7 man event to be run on a rec ball field with bunkers that look like a retard designed em? Where the hell in a 7 man do you see a 50 looking like the one in the GPL 3 event? What sense does it make to play on a rec field when there is a 7 man NPPL regulation field right next to it? If reffing is the problem with running two fields, why not run a field designed for 7 man. NPPL fields are designed with the players in mind. Players need to move on a NPPL to make things happen. The APS field with those big *** cheese things allow a team to just sit in the back and not move and throw paint. I have never seen so many stalemates in a tournament than those in event 3. Another thing is the fact that the field layouts are suppose to be available for practice the week before. Well they were except for the fact that 7 man was not allowed to practice on the rec ballers field until tommy finally got tired of hearing teams ask "are we playin on the _______ (insert negative word) rec ball field" and called cyndi. By this time it was around 3 o clock and all the teams were beat and tired from a long hot practice already. I think maybe 2 games were played on the APS field from 7 man teams and then the layouts changed anyways!!!! It make no sense what so ever. All i ask is that a NPPL feeder series should be run like one. Oh wait it was being run by one with the one sided reffing where no one would move or make a call, let alone paintcheck. The reffing needs to be changed. The most important thing is that a 7 man event should be run on a 7 man field. What is the difference just run the whole 7 man event on a 7 man field. Please leave your input on the field situations in this thread so the GPL hosts could get a feel for our opinions. Normally i am not one to complain, but after 2 events of playin on such an aweful field, i feel it is time that we as players, paying good money to enter such an event spoke up.

ok this has just gotten way tooo ridiculous to hear!for 1 please dont associate that all of the reffs were misfits! we know how to reff together its not as easy to have all of your reffs coordinate with each other when you dont know them ok!we did have alot of reffs on our field that we didnt know that were still good reffs but didnt get the jist of how we reff(ie) 2 guys watchin the snake player and dont whine that you see reffs hide because they didnt want to get shot ok!we reffed chicago and getting blasted by guys from jax worriors and docs raiders all day long ok, now i cant speak for all the reffs but on behalf of my team i can!We do our job the best we can.Everyone makes a bad call at one point but it always seems that when a bad call is made even though it prolly wasnt the reffs fault we always get blamed.I have learned to live with that.I enjoy reffing and there is no better feeling than when a team comes up and says you did a phenominal job reffing.Thats the biggest load of BS i have ever heard that you didnt come back because of us.Well ill tell you something we arent goin anywhere well be there reffing again and always because we are good at what we do.Apparently mostly everone else agrees with us.we have no enemy's nor friends on the field.we do our job right!

Ballers inc

Misfit Toys Support
Old 07-11-2006, 06:11 AM #19
iLIKEfudge4u

Quote:
ok guys my biggest complaint about the GPL series so far, besides misfit reffing the event, and NY teams winning all the time is the fields.
what event were you at? out of the top 16 teams only 1 team was from NY. So if the NY teams were winning the games, you would think that there would be more than 1 in the top 16 - right?

Quote:
All i ask is that a NPPL feeder series should be run like one.
they are not a NPPL feeder series. you have no valid argument there
Old 07-11-2006, 06:17 AM #20
Paintball_Rocks_On

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 631
no actually we could have come back the 2nd day
werent you the guys that if you came back and got 4 points in your last game, you would have made it on?
Old 07-11-2006, 06:20 AM #21
iLIKEfudge4u

hey guys - why dont you guys take it here - http://www.thegpl.com/questionaire.php - drop it and lets move onto event 4