Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-10-2006, 06:50 PM #64
rickertj

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballruler.
yo, i love on how when some one's talks about how bad the reffing was everyone comes on here and tells a bad story.....what about all of the games (ehich was prob. most of the) were the reffing was amazing. I will bet that the guy who made this thread or people that posted in here, prob. took last place or something close to it.

Let me also support this topic ... the piss poor reffing would explain the "fact" that the 7 man schedule was at least an hour and almost two hours behind schedule on Saturday. We never got to play our 8th game which was scheduled for 7:30pm (oh and by the way, the GPL staff and reff's were done for the day and left at like 6:30-7pm ... I still haven't figured that one out). I would say the delay was caused by the arguements on the field between teams but first off this was caused by bad or late calls by the reffs and second the reffs didn't try hard enough to take the arguements off the field to start the next game. I had respect for the head reff in event #2 because although his reffs sucked he still listened to our concerns but I watched him in one game in event #3 tell a player that what call was made on the other side of the field was not in his area and therefore not his concern at that time. (keep in mind the head does not have an area and is supposed to watch the entire field relying on the reffs to watch their zones and he makes the final decision based on what they say) ... In conclusion (my opinion only) PLEASE drop the current reffs and hire some trained reffs that are not associated with anyone in the event.

Thanks, Jon
XSV Fanclub Member #518

Join the best league around --> http://www.nbpl.net/
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-10-2006, 07:24 PM #65
GetBunkerD
LurkerPB.com

Annual Supporting Member
GetBunkerD is a Supporting Member
GetBunkerD posts videos on PbNation
Close This Thread Please.

Gabe - Director of Marketing & Promotions @ Lurker Paintball
www.LurkerPaintball.com
www.PBMechanix.com
Old 07-10-2006, 07:41 PM #66
The Shocker Rocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDER 21
The REFFIBG was the worst thtaI have ever seen... With out RUSSELL being there things just went to HELL. I was playing against a team that had 3 1 for 1 pulled against them in the 5 MAN. NOW we all know that 3 1 for 1's equals to 6 eliminations. How did the REF's say that there was still 1 player alive and that thatteam gets MAX POINTS..... TOTAL B.S 3 1 for 1's HOW inthe WORLD does that team have anyone left?

Then HOW's THIS. I am playing in a game and a ref comes over to me about a minute into the game to chekc me for any hits. While he is doing this he noticed that my JERSEY was not tucked in all the way so he PULLS me for my jersey not being tucked in after a minute into the game. The HEAD REF on the field says DUDE I didn't see it. Oh YES GREAT JOB FELLAS.

ANd why on the RAVEN FIELD WHEN OUTLAW FACTORY was playing , someone did a bunker a move and one of th REF"S on that field SCREAMS out " YEAH BOYS, Thats how we do it." ONCE AGAIN another fine example of THE GRETA REF's that we have been subject to.

I aM NOT bitter but DAMN can we just have some IMPARTIAL REF's that are CONSISTENT.

rules are rules. if you dont follow them, you get pulled. you must have your jersey tucked in.

also, if you are complingin, please specify if it was sunday or saturday, there were different refs
609 boys by bradbphoto.com
Old 07-10-2006, 07:46 PM #67
GetBunkerD
LurkerPB.com

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shocker Rocker
also, if you are complingin, please specify if it was sunday or saturday, there were different refs

www.LurkerPaintball.com
www.PBMechanix.com
Old 07-10-2006, 07:52 PM #68
Pvtidaho

why close this thread? cuz you are part of the reffing crew? you did a fine job if you are the head ref from sunday. Lucid you did fine you ran in to the fray and made the calls. The rest of you didnt. They wouldnt go in and get shot and get people out. It was horrendous. Then the reffing crew takes an unscheduled hour break that puts us off schedule. bull**** man that made most of the 7 man teams have towait until sunday to play their last game. This weekend had a lot of bull**** calls but therewere some good refs out there.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:52 PM #69
GetBunkerD
LurkerPB.com

Annual Supporting Member
sry...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...12947592867023

www.LurkerPaintball.com
www.PBMechanix.com
Old 07-10-2006, 07:58 PM #70
GetBunkerD
LurkerPB.com

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvtidaho
Lucid you did fine you ran in to the fray and made the calls.
thanks bro,

for those of you who dont know. I video taped the morning, then before semis i reffed on the 7 man field...IM THE EXTREMELY LARGE REF on the 7 man. (HAD THE INSIDE OUT JERSEY ON)

www.LurkerPaintball.com
www.PBMechanix.com
Old 07-10-2006, 08:01 PM #71
Dr.Flankenstein

i gotta chime in here. i wanna start off by saying that i ref at my local field and i know it can be a tough job at times. you can never satisfy everyone and there are always gonna be those that don't agree with your calls. with that being said let me give credit where credit is due... the reffing on saturday for the 3 man was spot on on both fields all day in my opinion. as for sunday and the 5 man, the refs on the x ball field did a great job. they were unbiased, they checked players when asked to, they listened to any and all comments and complaints by players at the end of games and explained their calls well. the head ref, the tall skinny dude with the blonde hair, he was on point. now, as for the aps field, i don't know what to say. all i can do is give examples of what I saw. my team all have clocks and we set them all to 5:10 and start them when the ref calls for the 10 sec start. the team we were playin beat us, we have no problem with that, but they gave them points for the hang when the game was clearly over as all of our clocks were beeping prior to the hang. then the head ref says there was still 45 sec left on the clock. now either he started his clock late or he set it for 6:oo min instead, either way thats not very professional. it's true as i've read in other posts that the refs on the aps field would not go in to check players when asked to. if they are concerned about getting hit maybe wear body armor or something. this is tournament paintball, you have to get in there and get dirty and tired and still make the right calls. otherwise don't bother. i witnessed another incident along with another team that was watching along with me who saw the same thing and couldn't believe it. a player was running up tape on snake side when he started taking heat and was subsequently hit on his hopper. just as he was hit he tried to slide to avoid the stream and clearly had 2 legs out of bounds from the knees down. when i asked the head ref why no one was watching a player that was running down a tape line he told me that He was actually watching that player. i then asked him why he didn't pull the player for sliding out of bounds and he said to me, and i quote "oh, he went out of bounds??? i didn't see it"... but he was supposedly "watching" him. i'm sorry but aps field reffing gets a thumbs down from me... sorry
Old 07-10-2006, 08:07 PM #72
The Shocker Rocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter23j
Kudos to you man( you were the short spanish guy right? ), you were working hard, but the other refs helping you were not listening to you when you asked them to go check someone out; they should give you more power so that if a ref doesn't listen to you or do his job or make lousey calls you could get him out and just clean bunkers or something bad, and that can work as an example for the other ones. I hope they hire you again man, you were AWESOME!
that was paul, i was reffing the same side as him for the most part and its harder than you think. i called what i see. people complained that i didnt see 2 people on different parts of the field at once, im sorry refs arent supermen
609 boys by bradbphoto.com
Old 07-10-2006, 08:08 PM #73
dpbBryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetBunkerD
your my hero dude, I've been looking for that FOREVER. I couldn't remember the name.
Old 07-10-2006, 08:11 PM #74
AtomicPig

AtomicPig is a Supporting Member
AtomicPig is a founding member
AtomicPig owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Im sorry but Ive been taught how to ref by a "pro" ref from the NXL you guys just need to work as a team. You shouldnt see the head ref point at someone and have no ref pull them so he has to run half way threw the field and get him.

FeedBack

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=419476
Old 07-10-2006, 08:25 PM #75
niceshot009

lol...props to the ref on the raven field who told me that "next time i bunker someone, i should shoot them in the pack instead of the back"...and i told him "at least i didnt bunker the guy in the head"

lol....if that ref is on here, i was the guy in the pink button down shirt with the purple silk tie

EX D.C. Monstars
UMD TERP Alum
R.I.P Black Label
R.I.P Descent Legion
Old 07-10-2006, 08:31 PM #76
Bartman921 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shocker Rocker
im sorry refs arent supermen
or have a camera crew relaying to them what they cant see.
Old 07-10-2006, 08:36 PM #77
naughtyDogs>YOU
Who is the coon?

you guys cant do anything about it now. so stop crying. i dont have a problem about calls just about jersey ordeal but w/e

i played bad paintall personally on sunday
[size="4"][color="Blue"][font="Arial Black"][size="3"]
Old 07-10-2006, 09:39 PM #78
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com

357 Productions is a Supporting Member
357 Productions owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvtidaho
This past event I witnessed quite possibly the worst GPL reffing yet this season. In one game against crims factory the snake player was hit in the left hear flap by the center 40 cheese. Cheese called for a paintcheck on him and the head ref and another ref that was standing no more than 8 feet from the guy stood there and did nothing. The guy ended up killing the rest of the team and hanging the flag. Even the hang ref didnt notice and called him a live player. I dont blame the guy at all. I blame the refs. They didnt do ****. In our last game one was lying down. Yes I know lie down refs are common but he was lounging outside of the out of bounds line next to the netting while his buddy right next to him was on the phone "reffing" at the same time. How can you ref and be on the phone at the same time. Thats right.... you cant. I was taping during the crims game and got a video of the hit on the guy's mask. Once it is uploaded I will post it here to show all of you how blatantly obvious the hit was. I know a lot of you have said how the reffing was horrible the last two events. But I think those were outstanding reffing jobs compared to this weekend. The refs the second day are jut the people who lost the first day or just random people off the street who sign a waiver. Anyone can ref GPL, but obviously none have done it right yet this season.
UPDATE http://media.putfile.com/gplevent3 <<<<< the ref is literally 4 feet to the left.
I have looked at your video and to be honest with you I had to watch it several times until I did see the hit. You are right, the player was hit, the problem is it was white paint on his earguard on white goggles. After this I will probably have to ban white goggles.

As far as the field judges go I am not going to get into a long debate about it. As always there are some complaints about reffing. Some are justified and alot are not. I did discuss with the Ultimate Judge which refs are not going to be welcomed back for the next event. But overall I have received far more complements this year on reffing than complaints, the problem is the players who are happy with the reffing don't post of forum only the unhappy ones do.

I will as always do my best to continue to improve the GPL. We can not make every team/player happy but we obviously make more happy than unhappy if you look at the attentence to the GPL.

Thanks to all the players who have made the GPL the "Largest Paintball Series in the Northeast"

Brian L. Barno
GPL Promoter
Old 07-10-2006, 09:44 PM #79
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDER 21
The REFFIBG was the worst thtaI have ever seen... With out RUSSELL being there things just went to HELL. I was playing against a team that had 3 1 for 1 pulled against them in the 5 MAN. NOW we all know that 3 1 for 1's equals to 6 eliminations. How did the REF's say that there was still 1 player alive and that thatteam gets MAX POINTS..... TOTAL B.S 3 1 for 1's HOW inthe WORLD does that team have anyone left?

Then HOW's THIS. I am playing in a game and a ref comes over to me about a minute into the game to chekc me for any hits. While he is doing this he noticed that my JERSEY was not tucked in all the way so he PULLS me for my jersey not being tucked in after a minute into the game. The HEAD REF on the field says DUDE I didn't see it. Oh YES GREAT JOB FELLAS.

ANd why on the RAVEN FIELD WHEN OUTLAW FACTORY was playing , someone did a bunker a move and one of th REF"S on that field SCREAMS out " YEAH BOYS, Thats how we do it." ONCE AGAIN another fine example of THE GRETA REF's that we have been subject to.

I aM NOT bitter but DAMN can we just have some IMPARTIAL REF's that are CONSISTENT.
You were pulled out in accordance to the following rule listed below. The rules are available at every event or available 24/7 online www.theGPL.com.

4.05 Appearance.
Players’ clothing must fit well. Jerseys must be tucked into players pants or harness. Players may not wear any oversized clothing. Players clothing including pants and jersey must be free from tears and rips. If clothing is torn or ripped during the course of a game the player must change or repair any torn or ripped clothing prior to starting of next game.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:53 PM #80
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelspeed18
Yea the reffing was poor, the refs were like little kids that were scared to get shot, so they never wanted to go in and check the players, they were almost scared/lazy to make the calls. they missed many easy calls that everyone on the sideline could see, either no penalties were assessed when they needed to be or penalties were assessed for no reason. After teams realized how bad the refs were, they started playin the refs and then it was just a cheatfest cuz no refs payed attention or made any calls, which i dont blame them for, they played the game.

and another thing, good job with the scoring on the online scoring from your website, there are numbers that dont add up, and scores that are clearly wrong, for example there was one team that went undefeated in prelims yet they have 13 points for 1 of their 8 games.

Hire better refs, pay attention when doing the scores.
Thanks for bring the scoring error to our attention, it has been corrected. Fortunaly we don't go by online scoring at the event, but we go by the scores on the computer program.

I will relay your message that your day was ruined because the online scoring has one score messed up. Althought there total was correct so the one messed up score pretty much meant nothing but obviously it meant alot to you since you complained about it.

I will let Cyndi know that next time while she is entering scoresheets into the computer, putting scores on the scoreboard, checking schedules to find out what teams are not getting the fields on time, answering questions about what prizes team are going to win at 9am in the morning, answering rules questions, making sure the refs get feed, helping teams read their schedules, making sure the photographers have what they need, and babysitting a number of other trival player issues, that I will fire her if she happens to hit one wrong number on the keypad while putting up the online scoring as an added privliage for the players and their families.

Brian L. Barno
Old 07-10-2006, 09:56 PM #81
GetBunkerD
LurkerPB.com

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 Productions
I will let Cyndi know that next time while she is entering scoresheets into the computer, putting scores on the scoreboard, checking schedules to find out what teams are not getting the fields on time, answering questions about what prizes team are going to win at 9am in the morning, answering rules questions, making sure the refs get feed, helping teams read their schedules, making sure the photographers have what they need, and babysitting a number of other trival player issues, that I will fire her if she happens to hit one wrong number on the keypad while putting up the online scoring as an added privliage for the players and their families.

Brian L. Barno
Cyndi is my hero. My one and only true love.

www.LurkerPaintball.com
www.PBMechanix.com
Old 07-10-2006, 10:05 PM #82
357 Productions
www.gisportz.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMagic2638
Since when could you get a 1 for 1 because of swearing during the game? Dont remember that in the captains meeting .

Oh and I love the kid talkin on the cell phone WHILE he's reffing the APE Armada Black vs. New Jersey Jesters game. I'm pretty sure your paid to ref, not talk to your boyfriend during the game.

EDIT: Also, can anyone explain the madness behind using the APS field as the only prelims field? Every event I have found the APS field to be pretty ****ty but the NPPL field to be the best field there. At Event 2 I thought it was because they only had the scaffolding on that field for the dvd so thats the only field you could play on for that day, but I guess thats not the case.
unfortunaly it would take us hours to go over each and every rule. That is why the GPL rules are available at all events and online at www.theGPL.com 24/7. It is not my responsibility to go over every rule, just the ones I need to emphasize. It is the players and teams responsiblity to know the rules.

And yes swearing is in the rules and can be anything from just an elimination to unsportsmanlike conduct and ejection.

Because of the amount of teams that attend the GPL my choices were either use the APS field for premlims and the NPPL field for finals or vis vera. I like to use a fresh, non-played on field for the finals so no team has any advantages for finals. This way the truely best team wins.

As far as one of the refs talking on his cell phone you are correct in stating that there is no excuse for that. Steps have already been taking to ensure certain refs will not be coming back to any GPL events.

Last edited by 357 Productions : 07-10-2006 at 10:07 PM.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:05 PM #83
paintballruler.
**** That

paintballruler. is a Supporting Member
paintballruler. owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
paintballruler. has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYNightmare
Hmm... sometimes yes, I was at a tournament the other day and several players didn't have their barrels on the pole so the refs gave that team a warning but my friends ego was a quarter inch off the pole and he got pulled out of the game.
i was reffing on the xball field, and i was pulling players all day for not having there barrels on the start box, that is the rule....the barrel has to be touching. You are arguing saying that "yes it was not touching but it was close" what does that mean, he still broke the rule and that equals to him being pulled.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:12 PM #84
angelspeed18
East Side Method

angelspeed18 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 Productions
Thanks for bring the scoring error to our attention, it has been corrected. Fortunaly we don't go by online scoring at the event, but we go by the scores on the computer program.

I will relay your message that your day was ruined because the online scoring has one score messed up. Althought there total was correct so the one messed up score pretty much meant nothing but obviously it meant alot to you since you complained about it.

Brian L. Barno
I feel so bad for you. Dont get smart with me, the online scoring is there for a reason, if you dont want to do it or do it right then dont do it. And dont get smart with me for pointing out that you made an error.