Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-10-2006, 12:52 PM #43
navigator
Roth

has been a member for 10 years
navigator plays in the PSP
navigator owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
navigator plays in the APPA D4 division
haha I love these threads.........Its always the refs that lose the tournaments for teams....

Lainway Sports, NY

GearBag Sale DYE, LV1 F/S/T, ECLIPSE
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-10-2006, 12:53 PM #44
angelspeed18
East Side Method

angelspeed18 is a Supporting Member
Every ref has come in here defending the calls they made and saying that if they arent doing it right then You should ref a gpl and see if you can do better, but the fact is, the refs were scared to get into a bunker and make the calls. I know its true that some players will think they hit someone and call for a paintcheck and the ref knows they didnt hit him, but then theres the times where you see your bright filled paint break on their hopper, gun, or pack from across the field, and not one ref will get up off the ground or from against the net to go in and check. I personally know what it is like to ref an event, i know it sucks being shot at and argued with in the hot weather, but the fact is your their to do a job, you know what your responsibility is before you sign up to be a ref. You know your gona get shot all day and argued with. And i can honestly say that Esse was the best ref on the 7 man field, and most the adults i saw on the other field were doing a fairly good job. It was the little kids that ruined it. And for the refs who say we should come ref and do it better. No, we shouldnt. We are the players and you are the refs, you should be doing your job and you should be doing it right.

Instead of defending yourselves here, the GPL staff should make an effort to insure that their reffing is up to par so they have teams return for the next events. I personally will assume this matter will be handled by event 4 and i will be returning with my team for the next event.
Old 07-10-2006, 12:54 PM #45
naughtyDogs>YOU
Who is the coon?

oh ****. but dp kidz didnt care about being shot up they thought it was fun haha.

a little bit harsh...

if it took discussion to fall under 21.04 than this means that you had a time making a decision whether or not they should be SUSPENDED.
suspension: # A temporary abrogation or cessation, as of a law or rule.
# A temporary debarment, as from school or a privilege, especially as a punishment.
key word is temporary. i think that being banned from dels and gpl is an extremely harsh of a punishment but that is just me. its not my decision.

anyway reffing on yg finals was good. im gnona say it again
[size="4"][color="Blue"][font="Arial Black"][size="3"]

Last edited by naughtyDogs>YOU : 07-10-2006 at 12:58 PM.
Old 07-10-2006, 01:00 PM #46
.HATER. (Banned)

5 man runthrough is not illegal
its a penatly not a disqualification
im not embarassed and nor is anyone on our team
it was a joke that alot found funny
there will be no apoligies for doing a runthrough because no one got hurt
the fact that we are being banned for doing a runthrough is unbelievable
there was no malicious intent nor talk of overshooting
we said we were gonna run the field and grab the flag.
thats it, no more, no less.

and ranjerz are not an atlas team btw
Old 07-10-2006, 01:07 PM #47
paintball415
LIFTED

paintball415 is a Supporting Member
paintball415 plays in the PSP
not the ranjerz...there not atlas..

R.I.P. Ron Butler,Donlon

Old 07-10-2006, 01:23 PM #48
TeamImpactJosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelspeed18
Every ref has come in here defending the calls they made and saying that if they arent doing it right then You should ref a gpl and see if you can do better, but the fact is, the refs were scared to get into a bunker and make the calls. I know its true that some players will think they hit someone and call for a paintcheck and the ref knows they didnt hit him, but then theres the times where you see your bright filled paint break on their hopper, gun, or pack from across the field, and not one ref will get up off the ground or from against the net to go in and check. I personally know what it is like to ref an event, i know it sucks being shot at and argued with in the hot weather, but the fact is your their to do a job, you know what your responsibility is before you sign up to be a ref. You know your gona get shot all day and argued with. And i can honestly say that Esse was the best ref on the 7 man field, and most the adults i saw on the other field were doing a fairly good job. It was the little kids that ruined it. And for the refs who say we should come ref and do it better. No, we shouldnt. We are the players and you are the refs, you should be doing your job and you should be doing it right.

Instead of defending yourselves here, the GPL staff should make an effort to insure that their reffing is up to par so they have teams return for the next events. I personally will assume this matter will be handled by event 4 and i will be returning with my team for the next event.

Hrm, you must not have played on the Sak Field/Spyder field. We made the right calls, whether you like it or not. We did what we were supposed to do. Okay, maybe we were a little strict on the jersey thing, one ref on our field was more strict about it then others. But we did warn everyone all day about it. We assesed penalties when they were nessecary. Oh, and for people complain about cheating. Cheating is a skill, just as much as a skill as snap shooting or shooting lanes. We can't catch everything. And just remember guys, the refs don't lose the game, you do. If you do something stupid enough to get a 1 for 1, its your own fault, not mine or any other refs fault.

Check out my clothing line!

War Party!
Old 07-10-2006, 01:29 PM #49
NYNightmare
Davey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator
haha I love these threads.........Its always the refs that lose the tournaments for teams....
Hmm... sometimes yes, I was at a tournament the other day and several players didn't have their barrels on the pole so the refs gave that team a warning but my friends ego was a quarter inch off the pole and he got pulled out of the game.
Old 07-10-2006, 01:32 PM #50
naughtyDogs>YOU
Who is the coon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamImpactJosh
Hrm, you must not have played on the Sak Field/Spyder field. We made the right calls, whether you like it or not. We did what we were supposed to do. Okay, maybe we were a little strict on the jersey thing, one ref on our field was more strict about it then others. But we did warn everyone all day about it. We assesed penalties when they were nessecary. Oh, and for people complain about cheating. Cheating is a skill, just as much as a skill as snap shooting or shooting lanes. We can't catch everything. And just remember guys, the refs don't lose the game, you do. If you do something stupid enough to get a 1 for 1, its your own fault, not mine or any other refs fault.
i didnt get one hint to tuck my jersey in all day. i had played that field twice with an untucked jersey before i was pulled. then outa no where 3 people on my team were pulled.
[size="4"][color="Blue"][font="Arial Black"][size="3"]
Old 07-10-2006, 01:36 PM #51
impulse234
zzzzzzzzZZZZzzzzzzz

i really love how your sayin that team hung said that they were goin to do a runthrough and try to hurt the other players and overshoot them... nothing like that was ever said... what was said is that the whole team is goin to run down the feild and and hang the flag... noone ever said anything at all about hurting anyone..u can look at the scores.. team hung didnt have one penalty all day untill one last game that was a joke.there was no overshooting of dp kids.. in fact team hung was the ones bonus balled as they walked off

and maybe someone should talk to the refs beacuse all of the refs said "oooo team hung u guys wont run down the feild and hang the flag....u dont have the balls... i seriousley bet u guys wont do it". so if team hung did something so bad why did the refs basically tell them to do it... (the reffing was absolutley terrible the whole day... stupid calls were made everywhere)

and it was absolutley ridiclious that team hung was not allowed to recicive their prizes over one game... a game that was a joke.. no one was hurt because team hung did not intend to hurt anyone it was a joke that most people were lauging about... but i guess some people dont have a sense of humor. team hung played one game that people didnt like and you are making it out to seem like they went around cheating all day and went out trying to hurt people well your wrong and they should get the prizes that they payed and played

team hung got 3 for 1 penaltys because they were playin on... the key word is penaltys... why are they being banned from gpl and not being allowed to recicive their prizes over penaltys.

dp kids were not mad about it so i dont understand y gpl is so mad about a stupid joke.. people need to chill out and have a sense of humor.... so if team hung is banned then whatever thats really stupid

!ATLAS!

CHEAPEST PRICES AROUND
Old 07-10-2006, 01:36 PM #52
Bartman921 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter23j
Kudos to you man( you were the short spanish guy right? ), you were working hard, but the other refs helping you were not listening to you when you asked them to go check someone out; they should give you more power so that if a ref doesn't listen to you or do his job or make lousey calls you could get him out and just clean bunkers or something bad, and that can work as an example for the other ones. I hope they hire you again man, you were AWESOME!
no that was paul.
Old 07-10-2006, 01:57 PM #53
ShortCaem104

rangers arnt a atlas team

TRUST
(not really a 2k6r new name )
EMPIRE 2
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2115608

Last edited by ShortCaem104 : 07-10-2006 at 01:59 PM.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:14 PM #54
C0lin is AGG
The Infamous...

C0lin is AGG is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortCaem104
rangers arnt a atlas team
ya we're E-Jam
Old 07-10-2006, 02:26 PM #55
Sir Krimpit
Sgt. BAU5

Sir Krimpit is BST Trusted
Sir Krimpit owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Refs on the SAK field of days 2 were *******s...

But everyone on the APS field did awesome, especially the head ref, props to him for doing a good job and working his *** off

Last edited by Sir Krimpit : 07-10-2006 at 02:30 PM.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:38 PM #56
angelspeed18
East Side Method

angelspeed18 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamImpactJosh
your right i didnt play on the sak/spyder field, ive been talking about the 7 man field the whole time
Old 07-10-2006, 02:51 PM #57
Ez3ki4l

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Krimpit
Refs on the SAK field of days 2 were *******s...

But everyone on the APS field did awesome, especially the head ref, props to him for doing a good job and working his *** off
No, you probably just sucked.
Old 07-10-2006, 04:22 PM #58
GetBunkerD
LurkerPB.com

Annual Supporting Member
GetBunkerD is a Supporting Member
GetBunkerD posts videos on PbNation
BASICLY, POINT OF STORY, you ref.

Gabe - Director of Marketing & Promotions @ Lurker Paintball
www.LurkerPaintball.com
www.PBMechanix.com
Old 07-10-2006, 06:17 PM #59
bliz456 (Banned)

i thought th reffing was great especially on teh xball field and the kid in teh green proflex did a good job
Old 07-10-2006, 06:25 PM #60
Player4Life37
California Dreamin'

Yeah it was some pretty bad reffing but you complaining about it now isn't going to do much good. Yeah we got some real bad calls but we just kept playing our game...
Team Ascendancy#37
Old 07-10-2006, 06:32 PM #61
AtomicPig

AtomicPig is a Supporting Member
AtomicPig is a founding member
AtomicPig owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
im only trying to get them to make a change get a team or something to ref. Like with the NXL they have the same guys every event.

FeedBack

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=419476
Old 07-10-2006, 06:58 PM #62
bino

yeah we hold a 3 man event we have like 10-12 reffs thats 2 reffs per person if they would pay r hotel and pay us for reffing we might think of reffing
Old 07-10-2006, 07:43 PM #63
NightmareSHANIQUA
OSST Addict

My 2 cents on the matter.

The refs on the APS field were a joke. On several occasions we could not hear nor see the ref for the 10 second count/call and only preceeded to start the game when we saw the paint coming our way. Another instance was when I was pulled for "playing on" when I got hit supposedly. I pulled bakc into the bunker, looked and was drawing breath to yell for a paintcheck when the ref ran in and pulled a one for one. It made absolutely no sense. The supposed hit was not on me, but he pointed to a spot on my shoulder clearly from several rounds before. The color could barely be seen in the fill/hit at this point in the day.

The reffing on the Sak/Raven field was dead on all day in my opinion. I could see and hear the refs, they would come in to a thorough check, but not hinder the gameplay and were VERY prompt about it.

I think the reffing on the APS field has convinced our team to steer clear from the GPL for an event or two.

"duh huh her, i was payin a dame where i poop and wace the toylet""

SLY Equipment - Top notch carbon/graphite barrels. Very impressed with customer service and product.
Review of SLY barrel here