Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-10-2006, 12:13 AM #22
angelspeed18
East Side Method

angelspeed18 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
yea i notice you play for DP kidz, who won.....in 3 man......

were talking about the refs on the 7 man field

the other refs were over the age of 12 and seemed to be doing an o.k. job from the little that i saw.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-10-2006, 12:18 AM #23
naughtyDogs>YOU
Who is the coon?

they won 5 man but... oh well no one can do anything about it now
[size="4"][color="Blue"][font="Arial Black"][size="3"]
Old 07-10-2006, 12:30 AM #24
p8ntball-kid21
E-Jam United

p8ntball-kid21 is a Supporting Member
The APS head ref WAS really good. Kudos to him. The extra arm bands were a good idea too. You could band up before getting on the field.
Old 07-10-2006, 12:54 AM #25
BlackMagic2638
-Mikey2Shot-

BlackMagic2638 plays in the USPL
BlackMagic2638 plays in the PSP
BlackMagic2638 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Since when could you get a 1 for 1 because of swearing during the game? Dont remember that in the captains meeting .

Oh and I love the kid talkin on the cell phone WHILE he's reffing the APE Armada Black vs. New Jersey Jesters game. I'm pretty sure your paid to ref, not talk to your boyfriend during the game.

EDIT: Also, can anyone explain the madness behind using the APS field as the only prelims field? Every event I have found the APS field to be pretty ****ty but the NPPL field to be the best field there. At Event 2 I thought it was because they only had the scaffolding on that field for the dvd so thats the only field you could play on for that day, but I guess thats not the case.

https://www.facebook.com/Albany.PowerSurge

Last edited by BlackMagic2638 : 07-10-2006 at 01:04 AM.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:22 AM #26
WildStyleKid

I dont know about the worst reffed, but most Definatly the slowest yet.

-Nick-

Rip EcE
Old 07-10-2006, 05:39 AM #27
GetBunkerD
LurkerPB.com

Annual Supporting Member
GetBunkerD is a Supporting Member
GetBunkerD posts videos on PbNation
1. Reffing was NOT HORRIBLE. Refs do there job. Ya can't get everything.

2. Don't be angry because your got caught CHEATING.

3. You come out and ref, then we will see who is to blame.

4. How about you stop complaining and step it the **** up and shoot people.

Gabe - Director of Marketing & Promotions @ Lurker Paintball
www.LurkerPaintball.com
www.PBMechanix.com
Old 07-10-2006, 05:41 AM #28
GetBunkerD
LurkerPB.com

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMagic2638
Since when could you get a 1 for 1 because of swearing during the game? Dont remember that in the captains meeting .
ARE YOUR A MORON??? Swearing is unsportsman like conduct, the penaltys can be a few different things. Ejection, 1 for 1, 2 for 1 if severe enough..

OWNED

www.LurkerPaintball.com
www.PBMechanix.com
Old 07-10-2006, 05:42 AM #29
GetBunkerD
LurkerPB.com

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntball-kid21
The APS head ref WAS really good. Kudos to him. The extra arm bands were a good idea too. You could band up before getting on the field.
That was me...for a short while.

www.LurkerPaintball.com
www.PBMechanix.com
Old 07-10-2006, 08:29 AM #30
Ez3ki4l

Everybody is going to have a different experince. A majorty of the teams told us we did a great job, then theres the ones that lost and gave us a hard time. Obviously looking for somewhere to point the blame other than themselves.

We were watching every player, and we were asked to check a player, we did.

The dude that got pulled for his jersey, I'll admit mighta been a little ridiculus but I did come buy and tell everybody to or you'll be pulled, and same if you didn't keep your barrel below your waist.

We did our job, if somebody was hit we pulled them, and we were on every player if we suspected them of being hit. Of course there are going to be players questioning that, but they can think what they want. They are usually the scrubs anyway. To everyone else, good job guys. I was on the raven field btw.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:17 AM #31
BlackMagic2638
-Mikey2Shot-

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetBunkerD
ARE YOUR A MORON??? Swearing is unsportsman like conduct, the penaltys can be a few different things. Ejection, 1 for 1, 2 for 1 if severe enough..

OWNED
Haha, wow arnt we angry.

Personally I dont think the rule is a terrible rule since there are parents watching and such, but the fact that they have never mentioned it in the captains meeting was the point of my statement. Also the fact that on some fields I see swearing and fingers flying but no players being pulled, but yet on some fields if an F bomb is dropped players are pulled. If they are going to have this rule atleast inforce it on all the fields like it was intended to be.

Yea, you totally "owned" me buddy.

Old 07-10-2006, 09:21 AM #32
BlackMagic2638
-Mikey2Shot-

Quote:
2. Don't be angry because your got caught CHEATING.
Are you even reading the thread? The whole point of this thread was that they DIDNT catch people cheating, when the cheating was absolutely repulsive.

Wow and you call me a moron.

Old 07-10-2006, 09:30 AM #33
.HATER. (Banned)

yea it was so easy to cheat
the refs on xball were good though
that kid with the white proto mask was checking every1 and that was
everything made cheating sooo easy it was a joke
Old 07-10-2006, 10:37 AM #34
ESSE

ESSE plays in the PSP
ESSE is playing at Living Legends III
ESSE owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
what up guys guys,this is esse the ref on the 7 man field. want to say i saw every team busting there butt out there to win, im sorry that i could not get more judges to ref. i did the best i can and can not be all over the place at once.people come on here and say what they want about reffing but what i say to you is go out there and ref 2 days staright and see if you get the same complaints my ref group did. it always happens there will be people that will complain about psp, nppl.ccpl,and any other tournament that has refs. all i say to you is ill try harder to do my job as a ref. it is not easy and i or 2 guys that are doing our job cant be everywere. for the most part alot of you guys were understanding and shoke my hand at the end of the day and said you understood and thank you. i have made alot of new friends by refing you and made some enemys but there is nothing i can do but call it like i see it and the way it happens.i take a weekend away from kids cause nobody else wants to do it and ref you guys and all i see is everbody bashing the refing i understand that things get bad but we try and will keep trying, instead of coming on here and talking **** then why dont you ref for a gpl event and prove to me that you and your crew and do a better job, its that simple. anyway i want to tank you guys and hope to see you guys at the next event and lets keep things positive. much love to you guys Esse.

Last edited by ESSE : 07-10-2006 at 10:40 AM.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:42 AM #35
bino

will how about u pay people that r gonna get in there and get shot up i know we have about 10-12 guys that would probly reff for a whole field and guarnteed it be the best reffing ever if u paid us and paid for r hotel becuase seeing u pay people 100 a day that barely pays for the hotel so if u want good reffs y dont u get reffs that dont care about anyone and anything just let me know and ill tell my guys
Old 07-10-2006, 11:56 AM #36
theHigges

theHigges is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez3ki4l
We were watching every player, and we were asked to check a player, we did.

Ezekiel, not sure which field you were on. But on dorrito side 7man field, me and my team mate clearly asked the ref to tell the other dorrito side ref to check the multiple bunkers cause the ref at the far end dorrito side was next to a pole holdind his balls. I can understand that you don't wanna get shot but when i see a hit off a Halo or an arm...it kinda pisses me off. On top of that the guy didn't say anything accept the word "No" so we are sitting their battling with 2-3 guys dorrito side and the refs are still holding themselves.

Esse: Bro your group did a great job reffing 2 days straight I played for Crims Factory..we had a little hostility on the field with one of your refs, but I mean it's paintball. Cause no one likes to lose. I was one of the few to actually go up to most of your refs shake their hands and say "good job". I for one don't think my short asian *** could run around on the field checking people while getting smashed all day. So props to you and your boys..But that guy with the purple mask and water jug thing...I don't know, we asked for a paint check and he just straight up said "No" Nothing else, and also I would get shot 15-20 times while walking off and you i remember you guys saying you would give out 1 for 1's but no one did =\. But like I said good job bro, great reffing. You guys did the best you could.

and also good job to all the teams, everyone cheats deal with it. Refs do the best they can, they're not superman. If you think you can do a better job...do it.
NEW TRUST
Old 07-10-2006, 12:15 PM #37
MisfitBigE144
PB God -26yrs N' Counting

Annual Supporting Member
MisfitBigE144 plays in the PSP
MisfitBigE144 donated to help Peyton Trent
MisfitBigE144 supports Bob Gurnsey
MisfitBigE144 plays in the APPA D4 division
MisfitBigE144 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
MisfitBigE144 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Thank you my brother for the kind words. Well I'll put in my 2 cents whether you agree or disagree. I have been refereeing a very long time and have been a part of the GPL family since the beginning either as a player or referee. I will give you my sermon so to speak.

Here is gospel - teams that don't do well always blame the refs. Teams that even do well but don't like their calls , and don't go on to finals blame the refs.

I believe that this event was smooth as hell on Saturday. For those of you who missed the 3 Man and 7 Man prelims - everything was perfect; it wasn't as hot out, no problems with the air lines; games were 20 -30 minutes ahead all day.

Between Sat & Sunday we added the APS field refs, moved 7-Man to NPPL, and nearly completely changed the refs for SAK/Raven.

I think that many of you have very valid points about the refereeing. Do I personally think it was the best I have ever seen? no...Do I think it was horrrible...by no means. I think that we got the best job we could from the men and women who put themselves out there. Brian spent a lot of time at the captain's meetings and things were address regarding certian issues - the pertanant issues - but you can't go over everything - this is why the rules are available on line 24/7 on their website. It is assumed and expected that teams will go over them before coming to the event.

Here's the link if you need it.
http://www.thegpl.com/rules.php

To the player on Twizted - This isn't to sound arrogant - but not knowing the rules doesn't necessarily absolve you from them. To say that you should have been informed; there rules, above again are available. Do I think the refs made a fair call according to the rules? yes. The unfortnateness was that different fields had differerent tolerances for certain actions. Blousing of the jerseys was tolerated on some fields and not on others. This inconsistency I'll take the blame for. I'll discuss with Cyndi and Brian to go over more thourough the expectations for the referees on one or two points, particulalry boundaries, start box procedures, and blousing of jerseys. The inconsistency comes in part however from the conglomerate of referee squads from all over the NY/NJ/PA/DE regions. - not to say that the complaint was trivial - but bringing to the attention on PB Nation is kind of childish - you FORGOT to mention YOU MADE THE FINALS and the call only resulted in your elimination. Bringing it to my attention and having it corrected at the event was ABSOLUTLEY the right thing to do. To cry about it on this forum (no offense) only makes you look bad - and you guys are decent guys and deserved your spot in the finals.

To the multitude of people who complained about the referee on the cell phone - thank you. Thank you for bringing it up to me immediately on that field. Rest assured that person won't be back. That is unexcusable.

I think that sometimes the refs loose sight of my cardinal rule - I ref teams the way I would want to be refereed. Don't bust my balls all day on trivial matters - I know the difference between knelt paint and a hit, rub and a hit - incidental contact and a hit. I heard more screaming about "get himn the hell out referee - he's playing on!! from people breaking paint and seeing spray from the corners off bunkers, of the ground; off the bungies" Teams still leving the field swearing they shot some guy and he must have played on....with my own two eyes...THERE PAINT WAS NO WHERE CLOSE. I could see that from outside the net, and the refs could see it inside the net. You try to be fair and impartial. And sometimes it gets hard. I personally have been around for so long I know so many teams and so many faces - I had to make tough calls yesterday, between teams, that off field are my friends - but on field it should always be "Player" or "Sir", not "hey Joe nice game" - congratulations from people you know is always nice but Refs need to remember to do it off field.

Did I see bad calls yesterday. Yes. However it is impossible for one person to be in 4 places at one time. People can say what they want about me personally or a referee believe what you want to believe. Would the have run smoother if Russ was there yesterday - hell no. Russ and I have been good friends for a very long time. Russ is a HELL of a referee. I think that Cyndi, Brian and myself did the very best we could to compensate for Russ' absence and I think we did a good job.

Yesterday's slowness was combination of a few factors:
(1) Who knew the air lines were going to go to crapper first thing in the a.m. I only knew there was the problem because I could hear the chaos over the radio. Despite this fact, teams got off to about a 20 minute late start. God bless you Brian for waking up Johnny at NPS and buying new airstations first thing in the a.m.
(2) Heat - I can't tell you how slothful about a handful of teams were. I took over calling teams 3, 4 and sometimes 5 games deep - and STILL teams would be late the fields. This is not all teams - like a said only a handful, but that was enough to slow down the man fields a few minutes here...a few minutes there.
(3) I saw more "DRAWS" yesterday than I think in my entire referee career. I know Cyndi and Brian make the schedule with an assumption that games will "really" take about 3-4 minutes - when every 4th or 5th games goes to time or near time, it greatly slows game progress.

I am not blaming anyone...hell if it makes you feel better about yourself - blame me. Mr. Big E you suck. Cool. I said it fo you. Here it is...and like it or not. This is paintball. It is an imperfect sport. People take sometimes a more harldine approach to the rules - I like to say that I live by the "spirit" of the rules. The referees can't be perfect. It just isn't possible - but that can aspire to be so. No one is perfect - there is always room for improvement.

Give Cyndi and Brian a day or so to recoup - I know they are exhausted. We didn't leave Dels' until close to midnight last night. Hope to see you all at the next event.
Ultimate Judge EPL-NORTH & MID ATLANTIC 2014 & SMP 3Man EPL Feeder Series - www.eplseries.com
Old 07-10-2006, 12:22 PM #38
TeamImpactJosh

PS. Storm ride dude, you were pulled right when you got to your bunker. I was the ref behind the net, and i know Larry, angel and stuff so im not biased against you. Your jersey was not tucked in good enough then, if it fell out. And it was not even close to a minute.

Everyone who loses blames it on the refs, such as life.

Check out my clothing line!

War Party!
Old 07-10-2006, 12:28 PM #39
Ez3ki4l

Quote:
Originally Posted by theHigges
Ezekiel, not sure which field you were on. But on dorrito side 7man field, me and my team mate clearly asked the ref to tell the other dorrito side ref to check the multiple bunkers cause the ref at the far end dorrito side was next to a pole holdind his balls. I can understand that you don't wanna get shot but when i see a hit off a Halo or an arm...it kinda pisses me off. On top of that the guy didn't say anything accept the word "No" so we are sitting their battling with 2-3 guys dorrito side and the refs are still holding themselves.
I was on the sac/raven field. #3.
Old 07-10-2006, 12:37 PM #40
BlackMagic2638
-Mikey2Shot-

Quote:
Originally Posted by theHigges
Yo I play for Crims..upload that **** I wanna see that.

What team you play for? and what was this kid wearing.
http://media.putfile.com/gplevent3

Notice the hit on the snake guys left soft ear. You cant tell me he didnt know he was hit in the head. Then I love his little dead mans walk back to his bunker.

Old 07-10-2006, 12:38 PM #41
hunter23j

hunter23j plays in the PSP
hunter23j owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
hunter23j plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
That was me...for a short while.
Kudos to you man( you were the short spanish guy right? ), you were working hard, but the other refs helping you were not listening to you when you asked them to go check someone out; they should give you more power so that if a ref doesn't listen to you or do his job or make lousey calls you could get him out and just clean bunkers or something bad, and that can work as an example for the other ones. I hope they hire you again man, you were AWESOME!
Think before you act.
Thinking is the hardest thing there is, that's why so few people do it.

http://www.topgunpaintball.com/
Old 07-10-2006, 12:47 PM #42
MisfitBigE144
PB God -26yrs N' Counting

Annual Supporting Member
MisfitBigE144 plays in the PSP
MisfitBigE144 donated to help Peyton Trent
MisfitBigE144 supports Bob Gurnsey
MisfitBigE144 plays in the APPA D4 division
MisfitBigE144 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
MisfitBigE144 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Embarrasment To The Sport Of Paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by .HATER.
yea it was so easy to cheat
the refs on xball were good though
that kid with the white proto mask was checking every1 and that was
everything made cheating sooo easy it was a joke

If you are a member of Team Hung - you are an embarrasment to the sport of paintball. Hater, If not I apologize. But this needs to be said.

Yesterday in the finals, I became a party to a grevious act premeditated by Team Hung. Conspired before the game, Team Hung planned to do a 5 man run through (not freight train) down the field, to grab the flag, and continue overshooting players and playing on. The fact that this was premeditated is what most disgusts me.

To my knowledge this is a 3 for 1 - 19.05 " Player fires marker after acknowleding elimination" During the process of the game, referees had to usher players from Team Hung off the field and make them stop shooting up their opponent. Multiple 3 for 1's were assessed immediatley ending the game. It was decided that the actions of the team fell under rule 18.06 ii - overshooting with intention to injure & 18.07 Ebarrassing, Dangerous and Destructive behavior. After the game Team Hung described this as a "little joke play" - well the Joke however is on you.

Brian and I discussed it and decided this act falls under 21.04 for suspension of players and since it would result in multiple suspensions, the team was ultimatley disqualified and ejected from the event.

Ultimatlely Team Hung was Diqualified from the event and upon further decision from the GPL, those players may be banned for life from the GPL.

So this means, your entry fee, and all the paint you shot, and all the paint that was paid for by the teams you played - it was all for nothing - your five minutes of fame will cost you.

Subsequently, Del Hobbies is banning those players from the property.

Players from Team Hung - you need to write a REALLY LONG apology letter to Atlas Paintball for embarrasing them yesterday. The guys from Jesters, Ranjers, Aggsause, and others certainly will not be happy with your decisions.
Ultimate Judge EPL-NORTH & MID ATLANTIC 2014 & SMP 3Man EPL Feeder Series - www.eplseries.com

Last edited by MisfitBigE144 : 07-10-2006 at 12:49 PM.