PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-09-2006, 10:12 PM #1
Pvtidaho

Worst reffing this season

This past event I witnessed quite possibly the worst GPL reffing yet this season. In one game against crims factory the snake player was hit in the left hear flap by the center 40 cheese. Cheese called for a paintcheck on him and the head ref and another ref that was standing no more than 8 feet from the guy stood there and did nothing. The guy ended up killing the rest of the team and hanging the flag. Even the hang ref didnt notice and called him a live player. I dont blame the guy at all. I blame the refs. They didnt do ****. In our last game one was lying down. Yes I know lie down refs are common but he was lounging outside of the out of bounds line next to the netting while his buddy right next to him was on the phone "reffing" at the same time. How can you ref and be on the phone at the same time. Thats right.... you cant. I was taping during the crims game and got a video of the hit on the guy's mask. Once it is uploaded I will post it here to show all of you how blatantly obvious the hit was. I know a lot of you have said how the reffing was horrible the last two events. But I think those were outstanding reffing jobs compared to this weekend. The refs the second day are jut the people who lost the first day or just random people off the street who sign a waiver. Anyone can ref GPL, but obviously none have done it right yet this season.
UPDATE http://media.putfile.com/gplevent3 <<<<< the ref is literally 4 feet to the left.

Last edited by Pvtidaho : 07-10-2006 at 04:06 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-09-2006, 10:22 PM #2
theHigges

theHigges is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Yo I play for Crims..upload that **** I wanna see that.

What team you play for? and what was this kid wearing.
NEW TRUST
Old 07-09-2006, 10:23 PM #3
SushiSquad4Ever
chocolate wasted.

SushiSquad4Ever is a Supporting Member
SushiSquad4Ever plays in the PSP
SushiSquad4Ever plays in the APPA beginner division
ya seriously one ref in the snake was tryin to call me out wen i was on the total opposite side of the field so i started walkin away tryin to see where i was hit and the other ref near me was arguin with the ref that was sayin im out me and tells me to go back and play...by the time i go back i get shot in the face by the kid who was my mirror dorrito bc he moved up like 3 dorritos.but that was a pretty nice field...the greg hastings field.

EDIT: and then i shot a kid dead on the top of his head and he got shot up like 20 times more b4 the ref decided to pull him...then we get 95 pts er wutever wen it was a perfect game...idk.so many more mishaps in other games.

Last edited by SushiSquad4Ever : 07-09-2006 at 10:27 PM.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:26 PM #4
Bartman921 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvtidaho
This past event I witnessed quite possibly the worst GPL reffing yet this season. In one game against crims factory the snake player was hit in the left hear flap by the center 40 cheese. Cheese called for a paintcheck on him and the head ref and another ref that was standing no mroe than 8 feet from the guy stood there and did nothing. The guy ended up killing the rest of the team and hanging the flag. Even the hang ref didnt notice and called him a live player. I dont blame the guy at all. I blame the refs. They didnt do ****. In our last game one was lying down. Yes I know lie down refs are common but he was lounging outside of the out of bounds line next to the netting while his buddy right next to him was on the phone "reffing" at the same time. How can you ref and be on the phone at the same time. Thats right.... you cant. I was taping during the crims game and got a video of the hit on the guy's mask. Once it is uploaded I will post it here to show all of you how blatantly obvious the hit was. I know a lot of you have said how the reffing was horrible the last two events. But I think those were outstanding reffing jobs compared to this weekend. The refs the second day are jut the people who lost the first day or just random people off the street who sign a waiver. Anyone can ref GPL, but obviously none have done it right yet this season.
ok im the ref you are talking about and i was laying down because instead of moving out of the way and losing a good angle i had on the player while i was getting shot at, i decided to lay down so i wouldnt get shot and still maintain the same position i had.

-thanks
Old 07-09-2006, 10:36 PM #5
Snake_Charmer
Olympic gymnasts.

most refs except for some on the aps field were doing good all the other fields weren't the best.. but o well great reffing bart you did one of the best jobs
Sick OG Proto Pants.
Crims Paintball Complex.
Delhobbies<3
Old 07-09-2006, 10:39 PM #6
Triscut (Banned)

neone kn ow who won the d2/d3 5 man?
Old 07-09-2006, 10:42 PM #7
RIDER 21
GOTTCHA 21 [NJJ]

The REFFIBG was the worst thtaI have ever seen... With out RUSSELL being there things just went to HELL. I was playing against a team that had 3 1 for 1 pulled against them in the 5 MAN. NOW we all know that 3 1 for 1's equals to 6 eliminations. How did the REF's say that there was still 1 player alive and that thatteam gets MAX POINTS..... TOTAL B.S 3 1 for 1's HOW inthe WORLD does that team have anyone left?

Then HOW's THIS. I am playing in a game and a ref comes over to me about a minute into the game to chekc me for any hits. While he is doing this he noticed that my JERSEY was not tucked in all the way so he PULLS me for my jersey not being tucked in after a minute into the game. The HEAD REF on the field says DUDE I didn't see it. Oh YES GREAT JOB FELLAS.

ANd why on the RAVEN FIELD WHEN OUTLAW FACTORY was playing , someone did a bunker a move and one of th REF"S on that field SCREAMS out " YEAH BOYS, Thats how we do it." ONCE AGAIN another fine example of THE GRETA REF's that we have been subject to.

I aM NOT bitter but DAMN can we just have some IMPARTIAL REF's that are CONSISTENT.
ATLAS - NOR*JERS - StingRay Ops - Gangstar
[KONG-KER] - DYE - DRAXXUS
Old 07-09-2006, 10:45 PM #8
angelspeed18
East Side Method

angelspeed18 is a Supporting Member
Yea the reffing was poor, the refs were like little kids that were scared to get shot, so they never wanted to go in and check the players, they were almost scared/lazy to make the calls. they missed many easy calls that everyone on the sideline could see, either no penalties were assessed when they needed to be or penalties were assessed for no reason. After teams realized how bad the refs were, they started playin the refs and then it was just a cheatfest cuz no refs payed attention or made any calls, which i dont blame them for, they played the game.

and another thing, good job with the scoring on the online scoring from your website, there are numbers that dont add up, and scores that are clearly wrong, for example there was one team that went undefeated in prelims yet they have 13 points for 1 of their 8 games.

Hire better refs, pay attention when doing the scores.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:47 PM #9
AtomicPig

AtomicPig is a Supporting Member
AtomicPig is a founding member
AtomicPig owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I will say the APS had a GREAT head ref he was working his *** off. He may have been the only good Ref on that field. Yes reffing is on of the WORST jobs in paintball but they are getting paid to be there. Sure my team didn't do the greatest job this weekend but we got nothing from the refs we ask for a paintcheck they didnt wanna do it, or they would just be like oh yea your out. They wernt paying attention to run threws or the guys in the snake. I mean come on its been 2 events and alot of the refs are from last ones. I think the 5 man crew at the 2nd event on the 7 man field did a better job then this events.

FeedBack

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=419476
Old 07-09-2006, 10:48 PM #10
SubZeroMan
631 RIP

SubZeroMan owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
SubZeroMan plays in the APPA D3 division
i also agree that reffing was also...What made me even more mad was that 7 man had to play on a rec field. Why not play 7 man on a true NPPL field. also a week before the tournament, we were only allowed to practice on the NPLL field until tommy contacted cyndi and they let us on the green field, which wasnt the same setup as the event for about 2 games. By that time alll teh teams had left, and there wasnt too much time to play on the APS field. I suggest for next event to hire some kind of good reffing staff with everyone over 18 on the field and not afraid to get hit and play a 7 man event on a 7 man field. No more of this rec bull****....
Old 07-09-2006, 10:50 PM #11
theHigges

theHigges is a Supporting Member
or no retards..that think they know wha tthey are doing then resort to acting like a 4year old.
NEW TRUST
Old 07-09-2006, 10:52 PM #12
Snake_Charmer
Olympic gymnasts.

yo the 631 were you guys there today?
Sick OG Proto Pants.
Crims Paintball Complex.
Delhobbies<3
Old 07-09-2006, 11:00 PM #13
The 631
RIP 631

nope wasnt worth it if the same refs were there as saturday whats the point at the last event we were told the same refs wouldnt be there again and they were