Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 09:28 PM #43
Fuzzymuffins

^^^I assume you mean a mini gattling gun? Even if not, the system would be an energy hog and wouldn't solve the problem of low cycle rates. And how would it know when to stop spinning? It would chop balls wouldn't it? Please clarify or put up a sketch.

I realize that the max cycle rate is within tourney limits, but can the marker work that well at 15 bps? I've heard a lot of problems with drop off at high rates of fire (correct me if I'm wrong, this is all from hearsay), but wouldn't increasing the pneumatic speed be necessary before converting it into a tournament grade marker?
Also, couldn't there be an ultralight pneumatic trigger set to work with a design like this? (no bats, no board, no eyes.) Like a walkable mini-valve "switch" that would push air into another switch that would signal the marker to fire? Just my ideas. Flame all you want.
Advertisement
Old 11-28-2006, 09:48 PM #44
icdbko32
its black not ninja!!!

i think it's possible, i think it would jsut need a solenoid that is capable of handling very high pressures.

instead of the conventional use of them jsut being held open for a very short period of time this would more act of jsut hold open till it is given the signal to vent the air and then open the valve again. this is in fact working in the opposite way a solenoid conventionally is used.

that wouldn't be very hard to do though if it would work and i think it would allow for a very fast design as long as the balls would not be chopped by the sliding door.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:01 AM #45
Void_33

a sliding door will cause alot of kick, and will take more energy to move as opposed to a spinning door, you just make two holes in the flat disc, maybe foam on the edges of the holes to reduce chops, im imagining the balls basicly touching and this super thin disc just spinning between them...see what i mean? u wouldnt chop, and it wouldnt stop spinning, till the gun is turned off, the motor on it would be timed w/ the selonoid so the solenoid only opens when the disc is in a 'closed' possition, im imagining the disc about 2-3 inches in diameter- any1 see any problems?
Old 11-29-2006, 05:42 PM #46
ieatnewbs39
hermoines my *****

quest is not the best gun by far, ego7, dm7, theres alot better markers out there
CHECK OUT MY SHOCKTECH TIMMY!! RARE, 2K5'D!!!
Old 11-29-2006, 07:34 PM #47
biojuggernaut

WTF?! Where the hell did he come from?!

Uh... I guess thanks for that info, but this is the epic forum...

the place no one goes
Old 11-29-2006, 10:01 PM #48
Void_33

lmao,...right? kinda random- but c'mon now guys lets seriosly work on this idea
Old 11-30-2006, 05:18 PM #49
biojuggernaut

No offense... but other than me and you plus maybe another person we are the only people that veiw this thread daily. Though look at the bright side.... at least this thread isnt going to get pushed back to the second page any time soon.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:11 PM #50
xicer
yeah, that idiot

has been a member for 10 years
alien revelation, heard its still in developement
-
mmm... Promaster... *drool
3rd Place in Inaugural ST Poker Tournament
(bow before me peasants)
!:^J
Old 11-30-2006, 08:23 PM #51
TheDRulesAll
Substance D Abuse

^^^i think we kinda gave up on that...

what about a wheel with inlet holes for paintballs for a trap door?

KillWithGrace
Old 11-30-2006, 09:05 PM #52
biojuggernaut

The revolation is gonna be nice, but not tested. You do realize that ICE/the epic was created in 1998?! Thats almost 10 years of testing. If Jim had funds... lets just say we would all be shooting boltless guns. And infact we should not be thinking of an electro epic, but advertesing the epic! Let Jim make the electro when he has the time and the funds.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:19 PM #53
hammered
Making the Stickers

IS the Epic a sear tripper in the same sense as a Spyder? If so then a E-Epic is easy. If its a little more to the way a Mag drop the sear/release, than I say its a matter of redesigning an exsisting frame to work. If anyone has a good photo of the trigger to release/sear linkage, I may have an idea or two.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:33 PM #54
biojuggernaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammered View Post
IS the Epic a sear tripper in the same sense as a Spyder? If so then a E-Epic is easy. If its a little more to the way a Mag drop the sear/release, than I say its a matter of redesigning an exsisting frame to work. If anyone has a good photo of the trigger to release/sear linkage, I may have an idea or two.
Just stop talking please. When you pull the trigger on the epic it opens a trap door about an inch above your finger which allows a ball to drop into the breach (an air sealed chamber) where it is pushed forward and fired. But since you no absolutly nothing about the epic, you should learn about if you want others to even consider your opion.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:45 PM #55
hammered
Making the Stickers

What the **** are talking about you asshat? I asked how the marker worked. Sorry if I dont waste my time on low to mid end markers. Its posts like yours that make me cry about the little public educated children. Now that Ive lowered myself, Ill try to use smaller words to help you get a grasp on what I was asking, Dilbert. I wanted to know (not NO) what the linkage (thats the way the marker makes the little trappy thingy work) operates. I made them big to help you cipher it. Since you offered up your very simple design description, maybe you could elaborate on the HOW it operates the trap door. Now ,when you dig your head outta you bung and clear up that crappy outlook on life around you, you may try to redeem yourself.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:31 AM #56
italianstallion7
Esercito di TBernardi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void_33 View Post
Im 100% possative if sum1 were to come out w/ an electro epic- it would be the RAVE at every tourneyment and every single tourney player would have one, get it to shoot 20bps and yer set for EVERYONE to buy one! make it look bad ***, and there ya go. It seems the simpler the guns become, the better they operate- right now the best gun on the market is the quest no question, its got 1 moving part, and theres 2 peices inside of it...period- thats it, simple enough? no!- how about no moving parts! lol thee we go w/ the epic (cept for the trap door ofcourse but hey i wont count that)! if any1 has news on an electro one coming out pls let me know! I WANT ONE!!!
um, actually the mag is the best gun on the market

how can u say that the trap door isnt a moving part. it moves back and forth does it not. just because the air doesnt travle through it doesnt make it a non-essential moving part
TBernardi army member #1
~GOVOLTAGE~ fan #3
FEEDBACK +13/-0
www.operationpaintball.com

Emag lowers f/s/t
Old 12-01-2006, 12:34 AM #57
italianstallion7
Esercito di TBernardi

Quote:
Originally Posted by biojuggernaut View Post
Just stop talking please. When you pull the trigger on the epic it opens a trap door about an inch above your finger which allows a ball to drop into the breach (an air sealed chamber) where it is pushed forward and fired. But since you no absolutly nothing about the epic, you should learn about if you want others to even consider your opion.
hahahahahahahahahah.

wow. someone woke up menstrating.
TBernardi army member #1
~GOVOLTAGE~ fan #3
FEEDBACK +13/-0

Emag lowers f/s/t
Old 12-01-2006, 03:36 PM #58
biojuggernaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianstallion7 View Post
hahahahahahahahahah.

Lol.... sorry about that. He got me pissed, he comes on here scrolls down past two or three threads that are titled WHAT IS THE EPIC, HOW DOES THE EPIC WORK, and INSIDE THE EPIC. Some he clicks on the only title that is bold, and trys to put in the most retarded peice of knowledge ever. He didnt even ask what the epic was. So i saif forget it and got pissed.
Old 12-01-2006, 03:40 PM #59
italianstallion7
Esercito di TBernardi

there is something wrong with u juggernaut.

selling hoes is easy money. what u talking bout i dont sell hoes i sell candy. look at my outfit, im a part time stripper and i do hair.

i dont need a condom, look at my outfit. it is made of latex
TBernardi army member #1
~GOVOLTAGE~ fan #3
FEEDBACK +13/-0

Emag lowers f/s/t
Old 12-01-2006, 05:35 PM #60
hammered
Making the Stickers

Well I tell ya what asshat, you show me a photo that is clear on the the way the trigger releases the trapdoor. Spartans animi of the flow path isnt as clear to someone who hasnt seen one in person. And as far your post, english much? Youre a self-important little *** crack. Try reading the post, I asked a question. Question are used to get answers. And as far as adding retarded peice of knowledge, I wager i know more about most markers than you think you know about the Epic. But I guess you have the whole E-Epic design and are just waiting to release it at the most profittable moment. Or, youre a mouthy teen who feels better about his little life by pretending to be E-cool.
But why run off at the pie hole, you being so insightful about the marker, lets have a friendily contest. Lets not just design something that may work, you being the uber-tech, lets build a working version. Ive done many conversions so this would be a fun challenge for me. You up? or just a punk?
Old 12-01-2006, 05:39 PM #61
italianstallion7
Esercito di TBernardi

it would probably be pretty easy. the only thing is that there is a lot of stuff that needs to go into that frame, and there aint a lot of room inside of there if ya no what i mean. hmmmm. i think on secound though it would be pretty damn hard.
TBernardi army member #1
~GOVOLTAGE~ fan #3
FEEDBACK +13/-0

Emag lowers f/s/t
Old 12-01-2006, 05:44 PM #62
hammered
Making the Stickers

Not really. In most of my conversions, I use another frame or mill one to fit what I need. With boards and solenoids getting smaller, it may be easier than anyone thought. I had a Mayhem that got eyes and a real controller board. If thats possible then this is too.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:09 PM #63
biojuggernaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianstallion7 View Post
hahahahahahahahahah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammered View Post
Well I tell ya what asshat, you show me a photo that is clear on the the way the trigger releases the trapdoor. Spartans animi of the flow path isnt as clear to someone who hasnt seen one in person. And as far your post, english much? Youre a self-important little *** crack. Try reading the post, I asked a question. Question are used to get answers. And as far as adding retarded peice of knowledge, I wager i know more about most markers than you think you know about the Epic. But I guess you have the whole E-Epic design and are just waiting to release it at the most profittable moment. Or, youre a mouthy teen who feels better about his little life by pretending to be E-cool.
But why run off at the pie hole, you being so insightful about the marker, lets have a friendily contest. Lets not just design something that may work, you being the uber-tech, lets build a working version. Ive done many conversions so this would be a fun challenge for me. You up? or just a punk?

To tell you the truth you prolly do know more about markers then me, you most likly have had more experience, more markers, and have been in the sport longer considering last week has been my year mark into the sport. And I respect that, what I dont respect/like is when the thread that has all the info, is directly above this one but you still post a question. If you beleive you can make an e-epic, go right ahead everyone on this forum will support you (including me) but I was hasseling you for your lack of post inference then epic knowledge.

Also, can we stop hi-jacking the thread for this retarded fight.

Last edited by biojuggernaut : 12-01-2006 at 06:14 PM.
Closed Thread