Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-19-2002, 02:47 PM #1
phatpat47
Banned

has been a member for 10 years
pump guns

I thought this was a good place to ask. I think it would be fun to play different types of games with a bunch of my friends with cheap little pump guns. We could also use them to train for our 5-man team. I dont want it to break and I want to spend like $10-$15. Hah I was thinking like Talon, but if someone knows which is better like talon, or samuri or something.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-19-2002, 05:32 PM #2
daveczrn
Dr. Evil

go on ebay
you will find pump guns on their cheap
Old 12-19-2002, 07:52 PM #3
phatpat47
Banned

Ya I checked it out I guess that would be the best there like 10 bucks for each Talon.
Old 12-21-2002, 09:53 AM #4
twistednjkid

u could always go to wall mart or somthin and buy a vulccen or whatever for like 5 doller but i dont think it will last on the ride home
Old 12-21-2002, 10:00 AM #5
spyder2k2
Back in action!

spyder2k2 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
i think he ment talon instead of vulccen. but i have a talon (got it at a yard sale ) and they are a ok guns. i only use it in pump only games
Old 12-21-2002, 12:34 PM #6
phatpat47
Banned

ya but has your talon broke? or looksl ike it might break?
Old 12-21-2002, 08:58 PM #7
spyder2k2
Back in action!

spyder2k2 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
it has a crack at the end of the barrel but it shoots pretty good w/ the crack i gotta say. i've also taken it apart and put it back together again and it runs smoothly now
Old 12-21-2002, 11:32 PM #8
Paintballfreak998

i like ye good ol $15 dollar blade shoots decent but the velocity is around 230 not to bad looking

..........................l_l.....................
.##########OOOOOOOOO=D......
.............()=JJJJOOOOOOOO--l=_l.....
......................l l( )=)xxx-.............
......................l l.......\X\..............
......................[]........\X\.............i
Old 12-21-2002, 11:38 PM #9
ToXiC EVOLUTION X

ok first dont waste the cash, third there isnt any third because i skepped second (sry if i stole that from you max), second i cant curse as much as i want to to hear ur trainin a 5-man with a ****in talon pump. thats a disgrace to 5-mans around the world
Old 12-22-2002, 09:45 AM #10
phatpat47
Banned

what is wrong with it. it improves accuracy, when you ahve to reaim after every shot. Its not like were going to play with it or practice all the time, way to think about it buddy.
Old 12-22-2002, 05:40 PM #11
ToXiC EVOLUTION X

dont get smart pal
Old 12-22-2002, 10:36 PM #12
75bronco

yo toxic,
take it easy man! wanna flame go take it someplace else. first of all
phat: that's probably not too bad of an idea if you have the cash and your teams ALREADY has adaquate gear for a tourny, until then gear up and wait to buy pump guns. If you do practice with pumps try to do so only when you are running accuracy drills, remember your tourney guns will have a completely different feel and may be harder to play tighter with if you are used to talons or other pumps...
Try it... if it works good for you, post and tell us about it. If it doesnt work, then GO BACK to using your tourney markers. just dont waste valuable practice time.
Paul<><
PS Drop Forward
ACI bulldog
Old 12-22-2002, 11:19 PM #13
phatpat47
Banned

Thanks. I just said that we would use them for practice, because I heard a guy suggest it, and say it would help with accuracy. I really just want it to play around with in the backyard or on a golfcourse or something. A pump costs like $20 so I doubt well be waisting any money that could have been used on real equip. thanks though. Toxic I dunno what your trying to say, but its annoying and useless. Did you even consider that using a pump could help accuracy? dont tell me to not get smart your not a mod so chill out go post something helpfull.
Old 12-23-2002, 01:54 AM #14
PunkMartyr
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Ok first let me start by saying do not get a brass eagle blade. I have three and all they do is get balls stuck in the barrel and one even leaks.

Vulcan is best value, 10 dollars retail or shipped off ebay. They have a larger barrel than the blades and will not get balls jammed in it. With an elbow and hopper on your vulcan you are ready to go to town. The threads on the co2 cap won't strip because its very hard plastic, whereas one of my three blades has been stripped due to poor design. I have two vulcan. The vulcans are also much more accurate than the blades.

Brass eagle talon I haven't used yet but its probably better than the blade and i'm not sure how it stacks against the vulcan. Doubting its better, might be just as good.

Brass eagle saber, accepts co2. Can be had for around 20-25 shipped off ebay sometimes. Mine makes a loud sound when fired, not sure if this is just mine or all of them probably all of them. Co2 is horrible in the winter but this gun did alright with it, as did the vulcans. Very accurate for a pos category gun. Pumping a little stiff if you are a girl. A little better velocity on this gun than the guns that accept co2 cartridges.
Old 12-23-2002, 11:52 AM #15
phatpat47
Banned

Thanks alot theats very helpfull.