Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-19-2007, 08:50 AM #253
Laszlo1

I've wiped quite a few times, but it's not a habit for me. In rec games I might wipe if the shot was totally random from across the field because some noob was too afraid to move in and take me on. In tourney/speedball play, I have never wiped. It's totally situational. Usually though, I will call myself out even if a ref doesn't see the break.

My man parts make me sick.
Laszlo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-19-2007, 11:58 AM #254
ThePwninator
Bow Down To He Who Pwns

1) Yes
2) Because the other team wiped theirs first....those cheating bastards
Tippmann 98 Custom Pro, APE Rampage board (a.k.a. Rapeage board), J & J Ceramic Barrel 14", TechT Fang Trigger, Dead On Fore Grip, Hybrid Contract Killer Wrap Grips, Extreme Rage Overdrive Loader & running CO2.
If your parents DON'T pay for your paintball stuff, put this on your sig.
ThePwninator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 05:10 PM #255
worldsend212
PM GWC #16

i have wiped in a psp event, i did it casue i wanted to win, loll
worldsend212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 11:44 PM #256
Freak36

Freak36 is an NCPA player
Freak36 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaTMAn1215 View Post
Yes of course.

tournament paintball is about how good you can shoot, your knowledge of the feilds, your moves, and how well you cheat. Everybody does it even pros, im not saying its right but its not wrong. Like they say "If your not cheating than your not trying hard enough to win." Baseball has steriods paintball has wipes.
Not to flame... but this is by far the worst justification for wiping yet. My friend jumped off a bridge without a parachute, I'm going to do it too... my friends all do drugs and everyone else is doing it, so am I!!

Being completely honest... no... I have never wiped in the 5 years I have played on/off. Where's the honor and... well fun in that?

Now this is motivational:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
1. At any time of your life in the sport of speedball or recball have you ever wiped paint?
* Not in a game of any sort. After games, of course. Been playing since 1991, zero wipes to date.

2. And what was the motive?
* Motive? Well, my motive for NOT wiping is that any hit is a hit. This game, at one time, had some honor in it. When people started justifying wiping, it pushed paintball back down the ugly road toward the old cops & robbers games of childhood - the days of "I shot you/No, I shot you/I shot you first!/No, I shot YOU first!". Have I had opportunities to wipe, or get away with cheating? Sure, but I'm not out there to break the most basic rule of the game.
Freak36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 01:14 PM #257
OwNaGe582
Naughty Dogs Own!

yes

To win and it was against my dad. I had to win or I wouldnt hear the end of it.

Naughty Dog fan #59
OwNaGe582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 07:04 PM #258
Sebaz
Starcraft is Life

1. Have i wiped ? Yeah
2. why? cause it was like off the break, and the guys pulled off the net before the game started... but if i sincerely get hit, i wait for the ref to check it, if not fair game, and i know that some will agree

Markers 4 Sale: ETEK 4, INVERT MINI, SHOCKER SFT
I Love My ETEK4
"Originally posted by mcoca01:
It's like sex with crack sprinkled on it!"
Sebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 07:11 PM #259
whiterecyclables94

lol im not sure if this counts but in speedball i got hit in the chest and right after that i slid into the snake face first and it got wiped
whiterecyclables94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:09 PM #260
MV is AGG
Gorilla in the mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldsend212 View Post
i have wiped in a psp event, i did it casue i wanted to win, loll
Uve never done psp your team cant even win a pts

Yes I have

Because there was a video of these kids that thought they were hot **** so i decided to ruin it

and to win
MV is AGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 04:43 PM #261
wrathboard

yes when i would play woodsball with friends but not anymore now thta i am playin speedball. i did it bc the ref was far away and i was actully playin while the other people on my team would sit behind the bunkers like little *****s
wrathboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 04:44 PM #262
midpimpen12
(growl) evil piggys

yes and to shoot the other 5 ppl on the field which i did hehe!!!

#4 ITALIAN BALLA lllllllllllllll
midpimpen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 09:00 PM #263
Seatbelts
Buckle up

Seatbelts supports Team VICIOUS
1.yes
2.because i wanted to win/play longer

You're nobody, till somebody, kills you. -Biggie.
I'm amazin', yeah, I'm all that If I ain't on my grind then what you call that? Victorious, yeah, we warriors We make history, strive off victory
Seatbelts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 11:00 PM #264
randompants
Pants are necessary.

you fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak36 View Post
Not to flame... but this is by far the worst justification for wiping yet. My friend jumped off a bridge without a parachute, I'm going to do it too... my friends all do drugs and everyone else is doing it, so am I!!

Being completely honest... no... I have never wiped in the 5 years I have played on/off. Where's the honor and... well fun in that?

Now this is motivational:

let me open your mind to something you obviously havn't thought about before....

In football, one of the best skills for a cornerback to have isn't just to cover the wide receivers, it's to mess them up and to get in as much contact as possible with the receiver WITHOUT getting a flag for pass interference. This is true in all sports. Basketball players and soccer players will fall down on purpose to get the other team a foul or penalty. Baseball players sometimes won't get out of the way of a ball coming for them while batting so they get on base.

Every good paintballer will wipe if the opppurtunity is there. We, like the players above, aren't just playing the game, we're playing to win. If you say tournament players are cheating when they wipe, then you're saying that everything listed above is cheating too.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1801153

2k4 Imp, WAS board and eyecover, TI bolt pin, NDZ white stubby bolt, NDZ HE assembly, Slik Shot, NDZ mid-weight hammer, NDZ front cap, NDZ detents, NDZ 15* ASA, AKA sidewinder, Jackhammer II LPR, V3 Iframe, custom DM4 delrin trigger, aluminum grip panels, lapco lo-rise locking feedneck, CP rail and on/off, REDZ pepperkit and .688 dye UL, 70/4500 CF stubby, Pulse loader.
randompants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 09:16 AM #265
jdavis13356
Naval Submarine Warfare

jdavis13356 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
1. hell yes
2. Tournament yes because the other teams do it and i want to win
rec play no because it doesnt make you any better
jdavis13356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 12:21 PM #266
Striker9

Quote:
Originally Posted by randompants View Post
let me open your mind to something you obviously havn't thought about before....

In football, one of the best skills for a cornerback to have isn't just to cover the wide receivers, it's to mess them up and to get in as much contact as possible with the receiver WITHOUT getting a flag for pass interference. This is true in all sports. Basketball players and soccer players will fall down on purpose to get the other team a foul or penalty. Baseball players sometimes won't get out of the way of a ball coming for them while batting so they get on base.

Every good paintballer will wipe if the opppurtunity is there. We, like the players above, aren't just playing the game, we're playing to win. If you say tournament players are cheating when they wipe, then you're saying that everything listed above is cheating too.
It's people like you who are going to be the downfall of this sport. If you think wiping is not cheating then you have a serious problem. You cannot compare wiping to other sports like you did. If you're going to compare it would have to be as follows:
-after the other team scores you go and take a point of theirs off the score board

Their is no excuse for wiping. I don't care if it's because you're "dedicated" to the sport. That is not dedication, that is a disgrace.
Striker9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:03 PM #267
aj3ster
!TK!Shoot! Hang! Win!TK!

has been a member for 10 years
Originally Posted by randompants

True That!

Have i ever wiped you ask? HECK YES!!!

Why? Cause Who the Heck wants to get out i mean come on! lol wiping is Funny lol i do it all the time
Old 02-01-2007, 03:57 PM #268
Striker9

What's the point of the game if everyone stays in then?
Old 02-01-2007, 04:08 PM #269
murd0x

murd0x owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
murd0x owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
murd0x supports Team VICIOUS
murd0x has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ya i [u]did[u] past tense
i was at this tryout on sunday when i went for the run-by i shot the snake, cheese and can. only the snake came out cheating *****es stayed in but the coach saw and gave me props
murd0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:51 PM #270
Andre=Priest
Pong Champ

yes, only in tournys.

dont look at it as cheat, it is a decision you make depending on the situation, obviously if a ref is right next to u don't. But think of it like this if you get caught you get penalized. Think of football. If a lineman goes offsides and gets caught, the other team gets 5 free yards, but if he gets away w/ it than he has an advantage over the opposition. Now everytime a penalty is called in any other sport no one calls it cheating. Wiping is a penalty.

Now in practice its just retarded to wipe because than you dont learn.
Old 02-03-2007, 10:43 AM #271
Striker9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre=Priest View Post
yes, only in tournys.

dont look at it as cheat, it is a decision you make depending on the situation, obviously if a ref is right next to u don't. But think of it like this if you get caught you get penalized. Think of football. If a lineman goes offsides and gets caught, the other team gets 5 free yards, but if he gets away w/ it than he has an advantage over the opposition. Now everytime a penalty is called in any other sport no one calls it cheating. Wiping is a penalty.

Now in practice its just retarded to wipe because than you dont learn.
You need to stop comparing it to other sports. It is not even close to being the same. Wiping is not a penalty, IT IS CHEATING.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:36 PM #272
Protomatrix05kid

ever one dose and yes i have

2 win

PM5 ,Black / Blue Dust
14" dye ultralite barrel
on/off

SN.. DYNASTYrg30
Protomatrix05kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 11:26 PM #273
musashi1
Fat and Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by randompants View Post

Nah, I call that crap cheating too.
Guess I'm not a good paintballer.