Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-19-2001, 01:12 PM #1
Mag Master 21
Residential Dyno Queen

has been a member for 10 years
Angry MAJOR, MAJOR timmy problems..HELP**LONG**

Ok lemme start off by saying tat in the past 6 months that I have had my timmy i have had little to no problems with only one acception (my fault). It was sent in to Bob and all was well when it was sent back. A couple of days ago i decided take apart the gun, lube up and check out EVERYTHING. I put it back together and all was well. I then decided to change some of the settings on my gun with the dip switches (my gun was set up to start at turbo for some reason, and i wanted to change that). I looked in the new timmy manual and it had a picture of the settings i wanted so i did them. One problem though, i changed the dwell by accident and everything was off...didnt know til yesterday when i played.

Now Sat. comes along and im ready to play, but one problem... There is a leak from inside of the grip frame. Uh Oh i said to myself, but i had an idea of what it was. I opened up the grip frame and sure enough it was a hole in one of the 3-way lines. It took me an hour to take EVERYTHING apart and change the 3-way line(had to find some first). I gassed up the gun again and no leak...Yes i thought to myself. I loaded up and went to the chrono. I pull the trigger twice and out ROLL two balls from the barrel. OH NO, i then realized my dwell was off. I took apart my gun AGAIN to change the dwell(i have a tourny lock on it), but the problem was i didnt know what my previous dwell was. I remember something like 16 when other people said theirs. So i set it at 16. Brought it to the chrono and all was well. Shot like a dream. Im all excted and played my first game 2 and 1/2 HOURS after i got to the field. I ran to midfield off the break and all was going well when POP, i chopped a ball. (i as using a 9 volt cause i left my 12 volt at home) It turns out i used the wrong insert for the paint, cause i never checked that out. I then had to clean out my gun for 1/2 an hour. So i go back out on the field with EVERYTHING cleaned and a new insert. POP i chopped AGAIN. Went off the field and cleaned it again. IN EVERY SINGLE GAME THAT DAY I CHOPPED AT LEAST ONCE. I have never ever chopped before that. It turns out my eye was bypassed for most of the day cause it was dirt or something, and since i was using a 9 volt it added to the problem.

My question is what is wrong with my gun? Is it the dwell, my eyes need to be cleaned, i messed up something inside the gun, or what? I was SOOOO pissed off and it totally ruined the day. I was soo embarrased cause i was telling everyone that asked about it, how much it rocked. I hope i gave enough info, lol, i wanted you to know EVERYTHING so i can get an answer ASAP.

Would you suggest i send it to Bob or maybe Petty?

Thank you so much, every response is GREATLY appreciated.
"You and I have the courage to say to our enemies there is a price we will not pay, there is a point beyond they must not advance.. You and I have a rendezvous with destiny, we'll preserve for our children, this the last best hope of man on earth or we'll sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness."
- Ronald Reagan
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-19-2001, 01:16 PM #2
Mag Master 21
Residential Dyno Queen

In addition i had +-12 at the chrono when it is usually +-3 or so. I have played at least 12 times without a problem as severe as this. PLease help. Thanks again.
"You and I have the courage to say to our enemies there is a price we will not pay, there is a point beyond they must not advance.. You and I have a rendezvous with destiny, we'll preserve for our children, this the last best hope of man on earth or we'll sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness."
- Ronald Reagan
Old 08-19-2001, 01:55 PM #3
capaintballer

It might just be that the eye needs to be cleaned. Just take off the eye covers on the side of the gun and wipe off all of the paint and it should work again. As far as the dwell setting goes, I've heard that there are 2 different recommended settings depending on which type of timmi you have. I'm not sure on what they are but I know some people from this forum know.
Old 08-19-2001, 03:51 PM #4
Mag Master 21
Residential Dyno Queen

Yeah, but i CLEANED my eye the first time i chopped and it still did it again.. Mayeb something is messed up with them. I was also using the new Advantage shell which im not to fond of. Looks like im switching to Diablo. I had to use a size up from normal cause the balls were so varried i size.
- Ronald Reagan
Old 08-20-2001, 08:12 AM #5
Vern1
Timmy - WooHoo!!

Vern1 is a Supporting Member
Vern1 is a founding member
Vern1 helped look for balloons
Greetings,
Check your wires going to the eyes to see if one was pinched during re-assembly.
Also check the little white plugs, they come loose pretty easily.
If you turn on your marker and after about 6 or 8 shots, it falls back to 12BPS Semi, you have an eye problem.
We had cut one of the wires INSIDE the insulation when replacing the grip frame one time.
Drove us crazy for about a month as it would sometimes make contact, and sometimes not.
We ohmed that sucker and checked and checked.
Just taking the grip frame off and putting it back on would fix it sometimes, then after a game or two, lose contact.
Check the wires carefully under the eye covers, too.
If you crossed them and put the cover on, you could have cut the wire under the insulation.
The ACE is a great thing when it works (most of the time, it does),
but when it doesn't, it can ruin your whole day or week or month!

Hope this helps.
Petty Paintball - www.pettypb.com
Old 08-20-2001, 12:31 PM #6
Mag Master 21
Residential Dyno Queen

Thanks Vern. I think that may be the problem counting i took the grip frame apart countless times. But yes, it was going back to Semi-auto 12bps. Thats how i knew the Eye wasnt working, thus chopping so much. I will check to see if that was the problem when i get home.
- Ronald Reagan
Old 08-22-2001, 12:50 AM #7
Mag Master 21
Residential Dyno Queen

Ok i fixed the problem...The wires were indeed pinched. Only problem now is that i stripped the grip frame screw (back end screw) which im not too happy about. The other thing is that my LPR cant go bove 55 or it will leak out the back. I think its the hose but its not coming out of that area...Its the WAY back coming out of that screw piece thats Under the bolt.
- Ronald Reagan