Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-21-2001, 07:03 PM #1
Omega6_Virus
Distributor of Pain

has been a member for 10 years
Questions!

NOTE: Questions are in RED
I just got home from vacation and I found out my tank came and so needless to say I got some air, a gauge and a nipple cover at a local shop. It was pretty cool cause I didn't buy my stuff from there and he gave me a discount. $2 off the $20 gauge(i was in a rush to set up my gun) and he also didn't charge me for air after he saw that I didn't buy my tank from him cause of the way he acted towards me cause I bought my stuff online. I guess he was trying to say sorry and that he didn't mean to be rude. Thats my guess but my dad was also with me. Anyway, I got home. Put in my air and it started to leak from the bottom of glad reg. I was using a 45* elbow on my drop and a 90* on my glad, then I figured it may have been a defect in the 90* so I got my other 45* and it worked. Then I set my hp and lp regs.
One question, When my lp reg is high, sometimes I hear a leaking noise from what seams to be the solenoid. I turned it down and It's working good now. What could be the problem? I hope to get a lower gauge later to see the exact pressure I have. I was using a 1500psi gauge to set this up. Well I fized the macro line connections and finally got it to shoot air. Some times I would shoot just air before I tweaked my regs and the Bolt pin would pop out? Whats the cause? Well I fixed that and I walked with my dad to a big lot with trees that was supposed to become a new school down my street but was deamed a bad location anyway we walked in and shot it. It was awesome. I was breaking some paint but it was in the barrel. I dont think I had the pieces together tight enuff and I was shooting almost year old paint. As I got down to about 10 left I shot a 3rnd burst and then put it back on semi auto. I pulled the tirgger really fast and man it was like full auto. I love it. I have about 1400psi left on my tank. about 1000psi came out when I was fixing the macro line. Well I am just so happy I got everything I need and I have it all working so well. I might want a new bolt. I can see how that comes in to play now. Thanks.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-21-2001, 08:35 PM #2
CountyPaintball
Paintball to MMA

CountyPaintball is a Supporting Member
If you turn your reg up too high, you will hear leaking from inside the gun. That's normal. It's basically an indication that the pressure is too high. I keep my regs around 250 (HP) and 85 (LP). That seems to work well for me, keeping velocity under 280fps.

Not sure about your bolt pin popping out. That's a new one for me. If you don't already have the new manual, I highly recommend downloading it and reading it over. Great info:

http://www.CountyPaintball.com/IntimidatorManual.pdf

Good luck with it.

Mike
From paintball to MMA.

Click for awesome MMA gear.
Old 08-21-2001, 08:59 PM #3
Morphious

The bolt pin sounds like it is getting worn down. What I mean by that is that is might be getting rounded on the end. Call Bob get a new pin.
Old 08-21-2001, 09:56 PM #4
Omega6_Virus
Distributor of Pain

well after I adjusted the regs the bolt pin popping out has stopped. Even on full auto. Its working great now just that I hear a loud ping noise. How ca I correct the loud ping noise? Also what does an o-ring in the ASA adapter on my drop help out with? Does that help with the noise at all? Should I remove o-rings from my bolt?
I got the new manual a while back. Haven't read it end to end. Looked it over mostly.