Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-01-2006, 06:57 PM #64
Nick > You

Unrealiability
Old 07-01-2006, 07:25 PM #65
hopelessandsic
mynameissprinkle

has been a member for 10 years
guns are only as reliable as the people who do or do not take the time to keep them running. Personally, i'm bout to pick up an old z timmy. It's really just a trend, and i'm sure how blast isn't really sponsoring anyone at the moment doesn't help.
Old 07-01-2006, 09:46 PM #66
CoNtRaKt-KiLLa
G-Ramps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mullet of Death
You can get NIB Alias @ 127.4 for $600-$700 all day long now. Trixs are $725-750 w/o a board. Minions are $750.
go to www.bradyspaintball.com and see how much the 2k6 timmys are. they are more expensive than the other guns id prefer.

BookFace
HK Army

|T|R|U|S|T|
super.star.killer
Old 07-01-2006, 11:17 PM #67
XKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick > You
Unrealiability
your kidding, i have NEVER had my ripper break down on me, granted, i baby it to death, but, i have had an old lasoya laying around since 03 and i have NEVER done more than lube the ram every once in a while and it has worked every time i have brought it out, and worked perfectly.

James Butts fan club #1-100
Old 07-02-2006, 11:49 AM #68
gzinthehood
•••K3 Productions•••

gzinthehood is a Moderator
gzinthehood is a Supporting Member
gzinthehood plays in the PSP
gzinthehood is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKE
your kidding, i have NEVER had my ripper break down on me, granted, i baby it to death, but, i have had an old lasoya laying around since 03 and i have NEVER done more than lube the ram every once in a while and it has worked every time i have brought it out, and worked perfectly.
He speaks the truth. I was using his Lasoya and decided I loved it, so I got myself an Alias, and have had ZERO problems with it.
FREE GOLD UPS!
Old 07-02-2006, 11:52 AM #69
zephyr_killers
Static Age Back playa

-_-. Egos a long time ago were (rare in a since). A year later bam everyone has one. Timmys are great guns easy to work on. Reliable i know they are but they can be a pest at some times. I wish i had a timmy again, Proto is startin to get on my nerves. -_-

NATIVE 805
fep full of empty promisses.
Old 07-02-2006, 01:15 PM #70
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
Lurker27 is a Supporting Member
Lurker27 posts videos on PbNation
Lurker27 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
The novelty has worn off and the generation 4 timmies had some problems at first. I predict that the next generation 4 style timmy will be just about the hottest marker in paintball. Keep in mind the 2k5 generation started with Alias and Empire Intimidators. Then those dropped in price as more PL markers came out on that platform, and it picked up steam till they were the hot marker.

Egos won't last, IMO. They do not enjoy a significant technical advantage over intimidators, and their trigger setup with the optical is viewed by most as inferior, although PE has done a great job keeping the bounce out of egos at low ROF.
Old 07-02-2006, 01:35 PM #71
AnGle4FrY
yeah, yayayayaya

AnGle4FrY is an NCPA player
AnGle4FrY plays in the APPA D4 division
Its true timmys are losing popularty same with Angels, WDP made the Angel 1 to bring back the power that WDP once had over the market. I think its because well to some people Angels and Timmys are old school years ago Boblong and WDP were the powerhouses of the highend market. But with companies like smartparts creating guns like the Ion for example people see others ripping on them so they dont care for the Timmys and Angels anymore. I personally think and pray that Timmys and Angels never go out, since they were the starters for the highend market.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:03 PM #72
dyepsycho
Blue Belt

dyepsycho owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Everyone here plays with either an ion, timmy, or some kind of dye gun (rarely 03 trixes, usually proto's and DM's)
Old 07-02-2006, 02:29 PM #73
Tamato2TaMato
Lord of the Newbies

Trends and fasion drives the market and what people WANT.

I think timmies are made crappy.

Feedback
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=883037

My leaving sale,good prices and have everything.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post28828507
Old 07-02-2006, 03:14 PM #74
saint
JESUS Freak and PB Addict

saint is a founding member
saint owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
saint supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker27
Egos won't last, IMO.
Only time will tell my friend. but from what I know about PE they are not so in it for trends but for the long haul. Also with alot of time in the custom of other guns, under their belt, I doubt they will not keep improving on their EGO platform. Look at the ETek... Now with a micro switch trigger. The sky is the limit. Also, not my first marker I have ever had but most likely my last one I will ever buy. Spent to much time on the sidelines watching games because of the temperment of other guns.

The Saint.
Thank you sponsors of the GUNFIGHTERS: Kingdom Paintball, ChristKrew Apparel, and Planet Eclipse Paintball
GUNFIGHTERS for life baby!
Old 07-02-2006, 03:26 PM #75
paint in blood

they'll be back. Like someone already said trends come and go.in the early years of 2000 cockers were the shiz, now they're gone. then came the matrix revolution, and now ego's. history repeats itself.
Old 07-02-2006, 04:13 PM #76
Team Burn Cap.

timmies are okay, from what ive used, but i have had problems with them. id rather have an 06 ego, which im getting as soon as i sell my shocker

O6 EGO W/ UPS

Team Fox Young Guns
SPONSORED BY FOX BROTHERS PAINTBALL, VA BEACH
Old 07-02-2006, 04:20 PM #77
minja lover
skjuta skjuta döda

minja lover helped look for balloons
minja lover supports Team VICIOUS
minja lover supports Pev's Paintball
minja lover is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
minja lover is Legendary
bob long died
Old 07-02-2006, 04:31 PM #78
lri2x97
Sex Bicycle

lri2x97 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by saint
Only time will tell my friend. but from what I know about PE they are not so in it for trends but for the long haul. Also with alot of time in the custom of other guns, under their belt, I doubt they will not keep improving on their EGO platform. Look at the ETek... Now with a micro switch trigger. The sky is the limit. Also, not my first marker I have ever had but most likely my last one I will ever buy. Spent to much time on the sidelines watching games because of the temperment of other guns.

The Saint.
you still haven't listed a single actual technological advantage that the ego holds over every other RDPV design ever made. you call the Etek an innovation? well. so do i, the only difference being i said that in 2004, when Dye was doing it and when it was called the PM5. the microswitch trigger isn't an improvement, it's a fix. if a piece of software comes to you buggy, do you call it innovative when they release a patch? i don't. it's a neccessity, not a miracle.

you want innovation? how about the balanced valve introduced on Gen4 timmies? all eclipse has done is add QEVs (which are completely unneccessarily, given the borrowegd-timmy design of the ego), and shorten/lighten the same design, both of which are little more than marketing gimmicks. additionally, the "temperments" you reference i've never seen in any of my 6 guns. either they work and function, or they have a defenite problem and i solve it, making them work again. there is no such thing as a gun having a temperament. it either is broken, or it is working.

in my entire history of owning my dragon, i've only had 2 problems. 1: i once broke a barb when i pulled the ram sleeve out without removing said barb first. 2: my 4-year old noid (older than nearly every gun on my field) recently gave out. i replaced both, and it functions fine. no problems whatsoever.
Old 07-02-2006, 05:15 PM #79
dynastyrules
Misfits

Eh I am a former Alias owner and I have to say I loved that gun. Ive moved on to the 06 ego, but everytime I see a timmy it brings back the memories..<3. The main reason for the change was just because of the constant problems I had with the wiring harness and membrane pad. It preformed great, I loved the way it felt, some may say the "Longness" of the gun is a downside but I loved it. The only preformance problem seemed to be that it was kinda picky on paint. But once you got some nice paint through it, it shot amazing.

Baltimore Trauma Fan #880
Old 07-02-2006, 05:27 PM #80
AnGle4FrY
yeah, yayayayaya

AnGle4FrY is an NCPA player
AnGle4FrY plays in the APPA D4 division
Like others said its basicly whats hot and whats not. People look at timmys and say they dont flow well the body its jagged and curved. They look at a Dm5 or something and they think its the gat-o-lac. I hope one day timmys return to there former glory as the best from the west
Old 07-02-2006, 10:33 PM #81
efrench9
I shoot dead people...

Timmys and Karnivors are in the same league I think but at least they still make Timmys. Now is the time to purchase these guns because I have a feeling they may never be the same again. Time will tell.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:34 PM #82
P8nt Balla89
Will the Thrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by efrench9
Timmys and Karnivors are in the same league I think but at least they still make Timmys. Now is the time to purchase these guns because I have a feeling they may never be the same again. Time will tell.
karnivors lost popularity fast i was surprised they just never caught on
Minja Fan Club Member # 1
Anti-Creampuff Army
98% of teens have tried or been pressured to try drugs.....if you like waffles put this in your sig
Todd Martinez FanDodgy= Sechs!!!
Old 07-02-2006, 11:00 PM #83
Flog

The 05's are year old technology. The 06's have fierce competition (06 ego, dm6, pm6, other 06 guns) and the problems they had drove away potential customers (making a phone call and waiting a week for a part is a problem for most people ). I shoot an 03 lasoya, and recently brought a tadao board, alias frame, and wiring for it. Will the resale of it be brought up by it? Doubtful, but i dont plan on selling it. I went through a few guns before i came to a timmy, and i dont plan on going back. Right now im looking into an alias. As for bob not sponsoring teams, i think we'll see a contender in legacy soon
Old 07-03-2006, 02:34 AM #84
saint
JESUS Freak and PB Addict

saint is a founding member
saint owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
saint supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lri2x97
you still haven't listed a single actual technological advantage that the ego holds over every other RDPV design ever made. you call the Etek an innovation?
Sorry bro... been around the sport to long to go along with trends. I wanted something I could shoot out of the box with no problems and required a minor amount of work as far as up keep goes. I have seen some timmy's go down while playing but have yet to have my ego go down. Now is the timmy a bad product... by no means of the word. I just prefer my ego. clean the bolt and ram after each day of play and lube the lpr and reg once a month or everyother month. No dealing with leaks, boards, rates of fire, wireing harness ect. Like I said... I almost bought a timmy but I loved the way the EGO6 felt and love PE customer service. Also, I have yet to regret my decision even though I think the new timmys are sexy... I still love my EGO and most likely will be the only gun I shoot. I am still looking for a mech for back up but from what I have heard the EGO does great in the rain and mud... though southern cali rarely gets any LOL.

Oh and in my opinion... I will take what works over technology any day. As well as the band aids over technology. The EGO is a work horse.
Thank you sponsors of the GUNFIGHTERS: Kingdom Paintball, ChristKrew Apparel, and Planet Eclipse Paintball
GUNFIGHTERS for life baby!