PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-16-2002, 02:26 PM #1
PanZer676

has been a member for 10 years
Unhappy Question On R/T for Tippmanns

I was thinking of getting a R/T for my m98c. But i heard that some fields do not alow you to use fully auto guns or guns with the R/T installed on it, is this true? Also is the R/T tortament legal?

Also if they didnt allow me to use my gun with a R/T installed would they tell me to turn the R/T down or tell me i have to use a rental gun, I would be so pissed if i had to use a rental gun lol.

One of the places i go to is www.Skirmish.com, has anyone gone there recently and knows if they allow you to use the R/T on your gun. Last time i went i forgot to ask.

Thanks
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-16-2002, 02:32 PM #2
Happy Happy Panda

I played at skirmish with a rt tippmann, but that was a long time ago so i dont know about now. Also i would really advise againts getting a rt, but do what you want.
Old 12-16-2002, 08:58 PM #3
PanZer676

Why would you advise aganst me getting a R/T for my gun?
Old 12-16-2002, 10:34 PM #4
Meph

Meph is a Supporting Member
They won't allow RT-mode, meaning you can turn the adjustor down so it won't go reactive. Meaning one pull for each fire, with nothing helping.

So check with your local field, some allow fully, some allow like that, others don't allow at all.

My Sponsors:
Fat babies on Maury
Guinness
And my newest Sponsor.... Charmin!
Old 12-19-2002, 10:29 PM #5
PanZer676

Ok but one thing i dont understand, cant most high end guns like angels and cockers shoot as fast as tippmanns with R/T's? right? And they are allowed at tortaments, so y not the tippmann R/T's?

If im wrong about any of this please tell me.

Thanks
Old 12-19-2002, 10:37 PM #6
nmr

nmr is a Supporting Member
nmr is a founding member
well you can only have one shot per pull and release, and since you arent releasing, it is illegal.. correct me if im wrong

My Feedback.
Old 12-20-2002, 08:58 PM #7
BrakAttack
poop

angels and stuff are allowed because they shoot once when you pull the trigger once, and the only reason they shoot fast is because the player can shoot fast.
most of the time tippmann rt's are in "runaway" mode, when you pull it it will shoot itself because of the pressure you put on it with your finger
Old 12-20-2002, 10:00 PM #8
MikeH.
Banned

Well, people use Automag RTs and those are tourny legal, E-Mags are tourny legal and they use RT valves in them. The Tippmann kit uses the same method if im not mistaken so if the automags are tourny legal then why wouldnt the tippmann version be tourny legal.
Old 12-22-2002, 03:39 AM #9
Reklats

Quote:
Originally posted by MikeH.
Well, people use Automag RTs and those are tourny legal, E-Mags are tourny legal and they use RT valves in them. The Tippmann kit uses the same method if im not mistaken so if the automags are tourny legal then why wouldnt the tippmann version be tourny legal.
Actually, I think rt mags aren't legal either. I could be wrong though.
Old 12-22-2002, 07:52 AM #10
paintballdude_13
g33k

Quote:
Originally posted by Reklats
Actually, I think rt mags aren't legal either. I could be wrong though.
Actually from what I hear they are still legal, but the 98 RT's arent. The 98 is **** now, nothing like it used to be. If you wanna something hella fast go with the electro kit or if you wanna save even more money than buying a RT kit, get a nice double trigger and do a trigger mod to it and you'll have a hella fast double trigger. Seriously when I was still playing with my 98 all the time I could rip, the feild owner one time thought I was shooting like a electro or something cause he was in the proshop and could only hear it.
Old 12-22-2002, 12:22 PM #11
Meph

Meph is a Supporting Member
Mag RTs are allowed, and they're very different from the Tip. RTs. And those electros are allowed because of that very fact that they are still semi... so you can't just hold the trigger and rip.

I'm not even going to get into the technical reason to why the Tippmann RTs aren't allowed. I think it's complete bull, but of course I'm not about to argue with the Insurance guys. I'm on good relations with Larry, and I prefer it that way.

My Sponsors:
Fat babies on Maury
Guinness
And my newest Sponsor.... Charmin!
Old 12-24-2002, 10:41 PM #12
PanZer676

Ok, so if i installed the R/T on my tippmann, and i wanted to play a tourny that does not allow R/T's i can still use my gun with the R/T installed but i got to turn the screw all the way down so the R/T is basicly disabled?