Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-28-2006, 02:33 AM #1
pbhunter5190
Fantastic!

pbhunter5190 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Feedback

I have no Idea where to put this but it really has nothing to do with the site. Anyways, when people sell something and expect people to ship first. This is fine if they have good feedback. Where it gets retarded is when people have about 10+ feedback and someone with 50+ feedback posts in their thread and expects the 50+ person to ship first just because they "posted in my thread." Am I alone on this or what?
I watch it all, and pretend that Im above it.
But the truth is I see it I need it, I love it.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-28-2006, 03:58 AM #2
bdpAKAknox (Banned)

bdpAKAknox is a Supporting Member
People can choose if they want to ship first or not. There is also a third party option for trading.
Its up to the buyer and seller to agree upon a shipping method they both feel safe with, feedback helps determine this.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:43 AM #3
johnnybravo60025
()

Annual Supporting Member
johnnybravo60025 is a Supporting Member
johnnybravo60025 helped look for balloons
johnnybravo60025 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
johnnybravo60025 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
johnnybravo60025 is Legendary
I think it's a legit request.

My feedback!
Old 06-29-2006, 02:09 AM #4
pbhunter5190
Fantastic!

pbhunter5190 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybravo60025
I think it's a legit request.

How so?
I watch it all, and pretend that Im above it.
But the truth is I see it I need it, I love it.
Old 06-29-2006, 04:31 AM #5
SpyderOWNAGE
Super@PBR

SpyderOWNAGE donated to help Peyton Trent
You don't have to deal with those sellers. Just move on to another gun. If you really want that gun, deal with his rules or try to work something out.

www.APD-Direct.com - Arizona's only authorized dealer for the DLX Luxe
Fort Adobe Paintball Complex - Play on Turf

Green/Purple CCM Series 6 Pump + Gear Stolen!
Old 06-29-2006, 06:02 PM #6
johnnybravo60025
()

Annual Supporting Member
johnnybravo60025 is a Supporting Member
johnnybravo60025 helped look for balloons
johnnybravo60025 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
johnnybravo60025 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
johnnybravo60025 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbhunter5190
How so?
The people are coming into their thread, making the offer, so the person whose thread it is, is basically in control of the deal because they decide on if they say yes or no.

My feedback!
Old 06-29-2006, 06:12 PM #7
shiftycastro30 (Banned)

shiftycastro30 is a Supporting Member
do you not get a kick out of this?

buying something from me (no trade at all) , they expect me to ship it first!!!......what the hell are they thinking?
Old 07-01-2006, 11:03 AM #8
iCoolGuy
Extortionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftycastro30
do you not get a kick out of this?

buying something from me (no trade at all) , they expect me to ship it first!!!......what the hell are they thinking?
When you treat everyone on this site like !@#$, what do you expect?
Old 07-01-2006, 01:30 PM #9
shiftycastro30 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCoolGuy
When you treat everyone on this site like !@#$, what do you expect?
lol.....only to you sweety
Old 07-01-2006, 02:39 PM #10
depraved
ack yer asy bai vawl yoom

bad idea, i dont think it should be a requirement for who ships first even if they have -50 feedback (youd have to be stupid to trade with them then but for sake of numbers). if you dont feel comfortable shipping to someone with low feedback and they refuse to ship first you have 3 options

1) do it anyways
2) dont trade
3) third party at a paintball shop which is guaranteed safe for both parties

what happens if bob with 100 feedback decides he wants to scam someone. so he finds a thread with joe and offers him a great deal and says joe has to ship first. what if joe would have not normally shipped first, but because the rules require him to ship first, he gets scammed. the site would be to blame for that. that is why all trades are at BUYERS AND SELLERS DISCRETION, and under THEIR agreed terms.

when you go to someones thread and you offer your gun for theirs, in my opinion you are agreeing to their trade terms since you sought them out. if they have it posted "i dont ship first ever, if you post here you ship first" then if you WANT to trade with them, you do it under their rules. no one is forcing you to trade the gun.

gives me an idea iwth the third party deal though, perhaps if there are mods that are were willing they could put their name on a list (saying willing because this should not be a requirement for the mods, if they want to then ok if not then they dont), and when u want to trade you can pm one of them and they will third party. you of course pay them some $$ for their trouble and cover the cost of shipping from the mod to the recipient but it would be cheaper than a shop, and im sure theres a few mods out there willing to make a few bucks on the side. of course you are then putting your faith in someone who moderates an internet forum...so theres still the possibility of a scam (small disclaimer)

Last edited by depraved : 07-01-2006 at 02:44 PM.
Old 07-01-2006, 02:53 PM #11
shiftycastro30 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by depraved
bad idea, i dont think it should be a requirement for who ships first even if they have -50 feedback (youd have to be stupid to trade with them then but for sake of numbers). if you dont feel comfortable shipping to someone with low feedback and they refuse to ship first you have 3 options

1) do it anyways
2) dont trade
3) third party at a paintball shop which is guaranteed safe for both parties

what happens if bob with 100 feedback decides he wants to scam someone. so he finds a thread with joe and offers him a great deal and says joe has to ship first. what if joe would have not normally shipped first, but because the rules require him to ship first, he gets scammed. the site would be to blame for that. that is why all trades are at BUYERS AND SELLERS DISCRETION, and under THEIR agreed terms.

when you go to someones thread and you offer your gun for theirs, in my opinion you are agreeing to their trade terms since you sought them out. if they have it posted "i dont ship first ever, if you post here you ship first" then if you WANT to trade with them, you do it under their rules. no one is forcing you to trade the gun.

gives me an idea iwth the third party deal though, perhaps if there are mods that are were willing they could put their name on a list (saying willing because this should not be a requirement for the mods, if they want to then ok if not then they dont), and when u want to trade you can pm one of them and they will third party. you of course pay them some $$ for their trouble and cover the cost of shipping from the mod to the recipient but it would be cheaper than a shop, and im sure theres a few mods out there willing to make a few bucks on the side. of course you are then putting your faith in someone who moderates an internet forum...so theres still the possibility of a scam (small disclaimer)
informative all the way around.....i think timebomb,paintballer187 are mods that do the third party service