Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-14-2002, 10:32 PM #1
Shadow Fox
saix

has been a member for 10 years
Tips for backplayers

Hey I use to play fron but then i tryed back and really really liked it.

wut are tips from little things to huge must things to know and do and wut stuff to have is a must and that kind of stuff jsut share wut u backplayers do when u play and if there are some quipment stuff that is a must or sumtin like certain amount of tubes that kinda stuff and jsut tips on how to b a good backplayer like wut bunkers are good and how to position ur self all thos goodies thx.

yes i did a search and i got nuttin on backplayers or atleast could not ifnd any.
Advertisement
Old 12-14-2002, 10:43 PM #2
paintballdude_13
g33k

HOLY **** EVER HEARD OF THE ****ING SEARCH BUTTON! I mean you could look on the first page and probaly find several similar posts. Dont waste the space!! Search harder retard!!!
Old 12-14-2002, 10:59 PM #3
armyranger6six6
Defiant Paintball

YAY LETS ****ING CUSS BECAUSE WE JUST HEARD COOL KIDS DOING IT **** YEA!

instead of *****ing about it why dont you help him or just NOT POST? he said he did a search... moron

*BOT*

backplayers shoot ALOT of paint. its their job. you should carry at least 4 140 rounds pods as a backman and have a gun that rips. your job as a backman will be to lay paint, dont let the opposing team advance, and cover your frontmen. if you let your frontmen go, the odds are the other team will just keep coming and overrun you. so its ESSENTIAL to protect those front men. another vital part of being a backman is communication. you have to let your teammates know where the opposing team is.
Compliance Biology
www.aapaintball.com
KAPP
Old 12-14-2002, 11:13 PM #4
HostileIntent
Run Thru Ninja

HostileIntent owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
yo, its all about j-dubing from the p-dub...and youll need more than 4 pods.

*1ne

"you gotta get that money no matter how you do... secret inditement ****, right thur"
Old 12-15-2002, 12:26 AM #5
armyranger6six6
Defiant Paintball

it depends how long the game is and how many people you are playing against. 4 pods was for 5minute 3 man games which you usually start at
Compliance Biology
www.aapaintball.com
KAPP
Old 12-15-2002, 12:31 AM #6
Shadow Fox
saix

Quote:
Originally posted by paintballdude_13
HOLY **** EVER HEARD OF THE ****ING SEARCH BUTTON! I mean you could look on the first page and probaly find several similar posts. Dont waste the space!! Search harder retard!!!
HOLY **** EVER HEARD OF LEARNING TO READ?! I mean you could of read i did a search dont waste other peoples smart brain to reading your retarded crap...ur the one taking up space actually.... and nothing is on first page ******* ...wait mine is

yea i plan on doing team 3v3 prac to start of so i guess i will keep my 4 pack and then later get bigger one when i get a job cuz i dont like to waste paint lol i only would like to use like a case a day cuz cant get job = hard to get money
Old 12-15-2002, 01:21 AM #7
armyranger6six6
Defiant Paintball

heh

lol then become a frontman. last tourney i used 800 rounds (im a frontman), while my back and mid men used 3000-4000 rounds each. oh, i forgot to mention we all got the same number of total eliminations too
Compliance Biology
www.aapaintball.com
KAPP

Last edited by armyranger6six6 : 12-15-2002 at 01:24 AM.
Old 12-15-2002, 01:35 AM #8
Fistville

not a back guys job to eliminate, chances are its not going to happen unless its of the break or the opposing front players really suck. You just keep the other team down and let your guys move to play the angles. You dont need to shoot fast, just enough to keep people down maybe 1-3 a second really. If you rip youll just be reloading alot which give the other team time to move around.
Old 12-15-2002, 01:49 AM #9
Jtek
FUELED by Paint !

Jtek is a founding member
How much paint?

3man - 4 to 6 pods !
5man - 5 to 9 pods !
10man - 9 or more !

you'll need at least a 68ci. 4500psi. tank or 88ci. 4500psi.

shoot your gun all the time - and NO you don't need to shoot fast !

communicate - cuz you'll probably be one of the only players on your team able to stand up / see the entire field - the whole game !

control the opposition by keeping them IN their bunkers - or prevent them from coming out of a particular side of a bunker. Also you'll make it a LOT harder for the other team to advance up field.

Every team NEEDS a good back player- and just so armyrander6six6 doesn't get too big a head on his shoulders.... you wouldn't have got nearly as many eliminations ( or ANY ) - if you didn't have a back guy covering your a$$
Old 12-15-2002, 10:25 AM #10
Razor Shrp Nipples

im kinda a converted back player....

i used to play on a 3 man team with two other little fast kids, and the 225 lbs 14 year old was to big and slow to play front, so i played a lot of back on that team, and then when i first got on my new 5/7 man team i played back. NOw that im at about 175 lbs and another year older, im on a team with the youngest player besides me being 25, and im pretty much the fastest guy on the team and play mid-front now.

in the back, u should be shooting or refilling at all times, and u should be horse after a day of playing back because u have yelled so much. Ur job is to make it possible for ur players to get other people out and make moves. u shouldnt expect to get 10 guys out every game, and dont get frustrated if u shoot a lot of paint with very few eleminations. Its part of playing the position. Make sure that u arent afraid to make moves when u need to tho. when ur way up, u need to start taking ur mid players positions. also on the break, dont shoot at people, shoot at where u think key bunkers are (sweet spotting), and make sure that no one gets there.
Old 12-15-2002, 10:35 AM #11
Fat Adam
Boom..Headshot

Fat Adam supports Pev's Paintball
Fat Adam plays in the APPA D5 division
another thing people seem to forget....here in st louis...at one of the local fields they have a 3 man series...and there really wasnt a true back player....basically, hed sweetspot the 50 (centerflag game) and then move to about the 30 in a mid spot...3 man fields are so small the back players role changes quite a bit...
LNIB Black/Gold Clone VX FS!
Old 12-15-2002, 12:21 PM #12
Dougie
DISTORTION

heres some ideas for playing back...

if you have your recball gun listed under your "tourney" gun ... dont even post ...

if you carry more then 2 pods in 3man your a squid
if you carry more then 5 pods in 5 man ... your wasteing your money
if you carry less then 13 pods in 10man your a fool...

now heres some more ideas to follow ...

if you talk about playing 10man before you have ever even played 5man ... stick to the woods ...

if you play 3man on a spool field you are not a tourney player...

if you play novice for more then a year ... try cheerleading

if your back guys shoot the same amount to people as you in a tourney ... dont play anymore ...

in 3man you dont even need a back player..

and last of all ... if your going to babble about nothing trying to explain something ... then try this

USE YOUR BRAIN BEFORE YOU TYPE...

the moral of this post: Play the game ... stop with the retarded questions