Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-13-2002, 01:53 PM #1
tsunamikid
J-Box

has been a member for 10 years
WAS board?what does it exactly do?

What does the was board do, and is it worth it.?what do the new hose barbs, and the volumizers do also?
HENRY AND LOGAN Bankston FAN #1

FEedback

Live for the funk. Die for the funk!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-13-2002, 02:13 PM #2
unseen

Here's some info on the W.A.S Equalizer board:

CLICK HERE!!
Old 12-13-2002, 05:14 PM #3
RevBubba
The Bub Abides

RevBubba is a Supporting Member
The WAS is the new toy.....

Everybody and there dog seems to think they need it. Put quite bluntly they are just a fast board that has lots of extra bells and whisltes.

THE SOB is a fast board that has few bells and whistles. Both will outshoot any hopper alive (and any fingers for that matter).

I would recommend calling BLAST and asking them their opinion on the WAS as they are the folks who build Timmys and install both WAS and SOB boards in there guns. They do have there reasons for using 2 boards. However, most will be disappointed to learn that SPEED (ie. balls per second) is not one of the areas of difference.

I called and was told that it was the high end guns should have more bells and whistles and the WAS has bells and whistles.

I asked about speed difference and if all Ironmen play with WAS boards and the answer was ...No on both accounts. There was no difference in speed, and the guys on Bob's Ironmen and guys that work for BLAST have switched between WAS and SOB boards a few times. Some like the WAS....some don't. Some use SOB, some don't.

So I guess it is what you want. However, if you have a GZ then why buy a WAS board.....you will need to get a new frame to take advantage of the bells and whistles and that is an extra $120+ for WAS board and $160+ for the clamshell frame. so you buy an new gun and add $280+ for NO advantage in performance.

Hose barbs allow lowering of cocking pressure...this is more for the speed and ease that the solenoid can cycle at...not for lowing the cocking pressure so it will pinch balls. Not chopping is why there are eyes to begin with. I can lower my cocking pressure to 55 psi but then the marker will not cycle as fast as I want so I called BLAST and they recommended setting cocking pressure at 70-75 psi on markers with large barbs. I have mine set at 75 on a Classic with double reg front and LP Mod. All new Timmys come with large barbs.

Volumizers lower the pressure at which the marker runs. I am not sure what the benefits are really. I did the LP mod to my classic though I think I now get worse efficiency than before. My consistency is good though so I don't plan to change back.

Once again a call to BLAST will probably save most epople a lot of time and money.

"Most men lead lives of quiet desperation"..... but I can still hear their screams.
Old 12-14-2002, 04:06 PM #4
Terry59
Hustler, Hitter, Assassin

Annual Supporting Member
Terry59 is a Supporting Member
Terry59 is a founding member
Terry59 works for a Paintball manufacturer
Terry59 plays in the USPL
Terry59 plays in the PSP
I can confirm that the entire BL Ironmen Team were Equalizer equipped during World Cup.

Also, in the 5 Intimidators that I own, all are Equalizer equipped. I have been testing these boards along side Bob from the very beginning and have one of the original prototypes.

On the new Team guns that we are building for the new season, all will be Equalizer equipped.

There was a glitch issue that was mentioned earlier on this forum that caused some of us to revert to the SOBs temporarily. (Didn't have any spares for substitutes.) That was probably what 1 of the techs at the shop was referring to in the aforemention conversation.

The SOB is very fast and is what help make the marker become popular among the tournament circuit. They became a stock item with the introduction of the GZ Intimidator.

The WAS Equalizer however takes advantage of and compliments the faster feed systems such as the HALO-B, Evo II and the WARP. It unleashes more of the potential in the Intimidator. The dwell adjustability helps maximize the efficiency of the marker. Debounce adjustability can insure the legality of the marker for tournaments. And the eye modes offer more options in curbing ball chops.
2009 Vegas NPPL 1st Place D2 7-man Winner
http://www.boblongdirect.com/http://www.capitaledgepaintball.com/
http://www.tadaotechnologies.com/
http://www.ninjapaintball.com/index.asp
http://www.hkarmy.com/LIVE FREE! DIE FREE! RIP TYSON ALLEN EVENSON
Old 12-14-2002, 04:35 PM #5
RevBubba
The Bub Abides

Yeah Jim OK..whatever you say.

If this is an area of interest to you or you are feeling you need more info on this SOB vs. WAS discussion just call BLAST. There you will get all the info you need to make a well informed decision.

No disrespect meant Jim. I am a field and shop owner. I have seen (and I have sold) products that promise the moon or are hypothetically offer a margin of performance advantage that don't actually work out in the real world. My main area of concern in this thread has been the feeling that all "pimp" players need a WAS whatever the cost.

The issue of a guy buying a new GZ then feeling that he needs to get a WAS board to make his GZ really shoot well is crap. He would need to buy your board and a new grip adding big $$ to an already good gun he spent serious coin on. They fact that he probably CAN'T shoot over 16.5 bps is a question he should ask himself. And if he can shoot that fast should he for most of the game(other than off the break)? So will he really notice any gain in performance for all his $$ spent other than getting many cool bells and whistles that are not needed on the tournie scene.

Finally the one area I can see Jim's board being a good thing is that many guys did not spend the time setting up there guns properly. If they did not take the time to tweek the settings or do some simple inexpensive mods then dropping the WAS board in should most definitly make a HUGE difference in performance.

If I was upgrading a Timmy from a 1.4.3 board I would choose the WAS. However, I would not buy a WAS and clamshell for full price to put on a new GZ...heck if I wanted a display why buy a GZ to begin with? Again just for clarification.

"Most men lead lives of quiet desperation"..... but I can still hear their screams.
Old 12-14-2002, 05:40 PM #6
RevBubba
The Bub Abides

Jim, ..I PM'd you.

I was probably typing when Terry posted. My typing skills are far from my greatest asset.

I was just trying to bring a balanced view here. I will not post on this issue again. Thanks Terry for the info. That would explain the varying accounts I have heard. I guess all the guys will be putting Eqalizers in there guns before the current practise. I look forward to hearing good things this coming week.

I AM surprised to hear that MANY pros are now shooting 18+ bps. Well I guess I will just have to watch closer. As a back player myself I would be interested in 20 bps leagally in tournies since there would be NO way a player can run through that stream when I am sweet spotting off the break.

Old 12-14-2002, 05:47 PM #7
tsunamikid
J-Box

Thanks alot to everyone that posted>rev, was, and terry, i appreciate your help. THough i am still wondering whether it is going to make that much of a difference...I am also a little confused,so the board basically allows a player to achieve a lot greater ball speed,and still not chop,,??is this what you are trying to say? Is it worth the money to actually have this put in the marker?I think that from reading that it seems it is well worth it>>>.. You DON'T need to buy a new grip frame if you have a GZ righT? You just install the board and tune it and your ready to rock!?i guess..
well thanks everyone for the tremendous help.

Lata Playas,
Jared G.

FEedback

Old 12-14-2002, 05:53 PM #8
Bhood

Bhood is a Supporting Member
Bhood owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
The difference in the Stock boards and the WAS

is amazing. I could only hit between 9-12 on the stock board, around 10-13 on the SOB, but when I used to WAS my ROF actually upped to around 16. It just feel so difference for some reason.

If history doesn't care that our degenerate friend Fry is his own grandfather then who are we to judge?
Poo taco style.
Old 12-14-2002, 05:54 PM #9
hypersonicaz
Crazy

hypersonicaz is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by tsunamikid
You DON'T need to buy a new grip frame if you have a GZ, right? You just install the board and tune it and you're ready to rock?
Right.
TimmyOG Member #020

Become a Supporting Member. Click here!
Old 12-15-2002, 05:56 PM #10
tsunamikid
J-Box

oK GUYS THANKS SO VERRY MUCH!I APPRECIATE ALL THE HELP THAT YA'LL GAVE ME!I found out that a player that just got on my team,a good friend, has a Was Equ. board in his GZ>>!!SO i am gonna try it first hand and see what i think about it. It sounds freaking insane...I can't wait to try it out!ANother question, do you need the WAS eyes with the WAS board, and do the stock eyes work well enough? I also have a pressure Q. Can you run a 850psi output preset tank into the GZ with the Torpedo regulator?And do the lowpressure preset tanks with output at 450-500psi work well on the GZ intimidator????i wasn't getting many responses on my other post..AGAIN I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE IN HELPING ME WITH ALL OF MY QUESTIONS, I APPRECIATE IT GREATLY!!!

THANX ALOT,
JARED G.

FEedback

Old 12-15-2002, 07:18 PM #11
BunkerKing02

For some reason www.wickedairsportz.com isnt working for me.A little box pops up and asks for user name and password and i cant get in.SOMEONE HELLLLLLLLLLLLP!
Old 12-15-2002, 07:20 PM #12
hypersonicaz
Crazy

hypersonicaz is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by tsunamikid
Do you need the WAS eyes with the WAS board, and do the stock eyes work well enough?
No and yes.

Quote:
Can you run an 850psi output preset tank into the GZ with the Torpedo regulator? And do the low pressure preset tanks with output at 450-500psi work well on the GZ intimidator?
Yes and yes.
TimmyOG Member #020

Become a Supporting Member. Click here!