PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-12-2002, 05:10 PM #1
harpo568 (Banned)

ZAP point zero model 83 review

UPS showed up with a package for me today and in it was a ZAP Point Zero Model 83 that I picked up to evaluate as a giveaway gun...
as soon as it arrived I unpackaged it (it was carded instead of boxed),put on the enclosed elbow,threw on a hopper full of paint and a tank and took it out in my back yard for a test firing...
honestly it was well above my expectations when it came to accuracy...at around 70 feet it was pretty well on the target...also It did not break one ball throughout this test...

It also passed my freezeup test...I inverted the gun (after I had already emptied a full hopper of paint through it) and fired it until the valve froze up on the gun...I got well over 300 total shots and the last 1nk and took it out in my back yard for a test firing...
honestly it was well above my expectations when it came to accuracy...at around 70 feet it was pretty well on the target...also It did not break one ball throughout this test...

It also passed my freezeup test...I inverted the gun (after I had already emptied a full hopper of paint through it) and fired it until the valve froze up on the gun...I got well over 300 total shots and the last 100 were running on straigt liquid CO2...not bad for what it is...cheap,plastic,disposable...

the all plastic bolt leaves a lot to be desired and is a bit hard to cock...requiring a bit of force to pull it...
the trigger is long and has that nasty "crunchy"feel you get from a badly placed or damaged spring.
the velocity adjuster is right under the bolt and is easy to adjust (not having a chrono here I wasn't able to set the velocity) but you ca00 were running on straigt liquid CO2...not bad for what it is...cheap,plastic,disposable...

the all plastic bolt leaves a lot to be desired and is a bit hard to cock...requiring a bit of force to pull it...
the trigger is long and has that nasty "crunchy"feel you get from a badly placed or damaged spring.
the velocity adjuster is right under the bolt and is easy to adjust (not having a chrono here I wasn't able to set the velocity) but you can feel the spring "pinging" as you turn the adjuster in.
The solid unported barrel is removable and is surprisingly well polished inside...it makes for a loud gun but it is also fairly accurate.
The safety (like anyone wories about them anyway) is a joke...it's just a plastic button that is easily pushed out of the body of the gun.
this is supposed to be a no tool quick strip gun but after looking I can tell it will take, at least,a pair of pliers to pull out the plastic pins that hold the gun together...

One drawback to thn feel the spring "pinging" as you turn the adjuster in.
The solid unported barrel is removable and is surprisingly well polished inside...it makes for a loud gun but it is also fairly accurate.
The safety (like anyone wories about them anyway) is a joke...it's just a plastic button that is easily pushed out of the body of the gun.
this is supposed to be a no tool quick strip gun but after looking I can tell it will take, at least,a pair of pliers to pull out the plastic pins that hold the gun together...

One drawback to the gas system on this gun..if you wanted to put a bottomline on it you have to buy the ZAP bottomline that is made for the gun...the bottom of the grip frame is hollow and has 4 holes (2 on each side of the grip) designed to fit ONLY the ZAP bottomline....

all in all this gun is what it is supposed to be...cheap and disposable...but quite HONESTLY it's better than the last ZAP gun I evaluated...the ZSX-600E

also I evaluated 2 other guns that were more in the $100.00-$125.00 price range that were not as able to handle the lique gas system on this gun..if you wanted to put a bottomline on it you have to buy the ZAP bottomline that is made for the gun...the bottom of the grip frame is hollow and has 4 holes (2 on each side of the grip) designed to fit ONLY the ZAP bottomline....

all in all this gun is what it is supposed to be...cheap and disposable...but quite HONESTLY it's better than the last ZAP gun I evaluated...the ZSX-600E

also I evaluated 2 other guns that were more in the $100.00-$125.00 price range that were not as able to handle the liquid CO2 and freezing problems as well... the 32Degrees Rebel BL which froze at around 200 shots and the Prihana BL VF which froze up and chopped tons of paint at around 125 shots.

This is not exactly the gun I would prefer but at $35.00 you could do worse (can you say stingray,samauri,talon.........)
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement