Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-22-2006, 09:46 PM #22
Kevin1990
TurboNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggs2dope
Yeah, but, Its never fun to see 3-4 kids on the field with the same gun as you. I'm picky, get used to it. Would it be worth it for me to just buy an 06 ego?
people are going to have the same gun as you, get used to it

ECArmy
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-22-2006, 09:52 PM #23
Ruken

Thats why you can buy CCU kits and stuff, so you can make it your own gun.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:54 PM #24
Kevin1990
TurboNinja

exactly

ECArmy
Old 06-23-2006, 12:15 AM #25
akagun121 (Banned)

if u have the money but i bet the etek will shoot fine
Old 06-23-2006, 12:17 AM #26
akagun121 (Banned)

and plus planet eclipse has always done great and u should be happy if people around u have the same gun tht means they must be good
Old 06-23-2006, 12:28 AM #27
justin962

has been a member for 10 years
If you're worried about looking like a nub out on the field because you've bought a downgraded ego.. forget about it. The gun is not plastic and it's well over $200 like the ion. You don't see people giving Shocker and Proto users hell for the gun they use. The Etek is in the same category... hell, we've all seen Ion players that are better than one's with DM6's. A player makes his gun, not the other way around. I have way more respect for an aggressive Ion owner than a guy with an expensive gun chillin' at the back. The Etek will shoot hella fast & has all/most of the benefits of the 06 Ego's... and not to mention $400+- cheaper. What else is there to think about?
Old 06-23-2006, 12:35 AM #28
DonnieManos

I really wouldn't consider anything over 600 dollars to be cheap. Cheap is under 250. The Ion is a solid gun, however to get mine to what I want it to be, I will likely have to put at least another 200 into it, so I will likely end up buying an ETek. People will always have the same thing you have, get over it
Old 06-23-2006, 03:09 AM #29
team_xile
Midwest Whiteout

team_xile plays in the PSP
team_xile plays in the APPA D4 division
team_xile is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
team_xile is Legendary
team_xile supports DLX Technology
I am impressed with this. I don't see how you are worried about 750 being cheap. I mean DM4's are going for 750, and people still wont buy them. Timmies are going for 750,and some people still won't buy them. I don't think you have to be worried about "a lot " of people buying this marker. yes there will be people that have it, but for the price, people will just end up getting something cheaper. There are people that are just looking to get their "first" high end marker,and they don't want to save up forever and a day. There is no need to worry about "noobs" using the etek. and NO I do not think it will be the next ion...wayyy too expensive to be the next ion.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:37 AM #30
magman007
STi

btw, if you pre order, im sure when it does hit, you can profit if you dont like it, Hell you could probabally sell it at such a higher price, you could virtually afford a cheep nib 06.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:58 AM #31
Glazed_Donuts
#Penny4NASA

Annual Supporting Member
Glazed_Donuts owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggs2dope
Yeah, but, Its never fun to see 3-4 kids on the field with the same gun as you. I'm picky, get used to it. Would it be worth it for me to just buy an 06 ego?

You don't think that a bunch of kids have 06 egos?
Old 06-23-2006, 08:21 AM #32
MarkParris
CK Mafia

MarkParris is a Supporting Member
MarkParris owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebolacola
that is the stupidest reason for not buying a gun..

what does it matter that other people have the same gun as you?

It will be a kick *** gun. whats the problem?

want something unique? get a cocker and get it HB'ed, custom milled, mq'ed and whatnot
qftMFT!!!!
Old 06-23-2006, 02:44 PM #33
CK army (Banned)

sorry kid but no mattter what gun u buy there will always be someone who owns the exact same thing. ppl bought ions bcz they were the best gun for the price, the etek is the best gun for the price, but also 3 times the price. eteks will be the EXACT same deal as a proto, youll see just as many,they will sell just as many, and be just as popular, when the proto came out, did everybody and the mother buy one? no. bcz theres still the ion, and there will always be an ion type gun to get newbies money.
Old 06-24-2006, 12:34 AM #34
freak .689

freak .689 plays in the MiLP
freak .689 plays in the APPA D3 division
Yea, You don't hear dynasty or xsv complaning cause a crap load of people bought thier team gun do you?

Look how many people have dynasty shockers, xsv egos, Iron Kids Trixes, Chicago evils minon, etc.
Old 06-24-2006, 02:07 AM #35
2 Xist
stand your ground.

What is strange to me is how people think it will become the next Ion. It still 750$, its not like the PM6 has turned into an Ion. Here is how I think of it, PE did the same thing that Dye did. They make a gun of high quality parts and manufacturing but took away the main "bling bling" and other such things Ie: LCD or the UL Frame. They have made the people who dont want to spend 1000$+ a gun that is 750$(E Tek) and the 725$(PM6) something that can still compete and have high preformance without the fancy upgrades.

Old 06-24-2006, 04:48 PM #36
hell hound82

hell hound82 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
it will be the next proto not the next ion. you can buy almost 4 ions for the price of one of these, dont worry about it becoming the next ion.
Old 06-24-2006, 05:29 PM #37
whitestripes9805
z100ɟuʍdı

i understand what hes saying. The reason i got an ego was because at that time they were somewhat rare ( at least where i live ) because everyone had a shocker or a proto and then within the next year they came out with sl66's, 06s, mantis, pevs, nexus, xsv, dark, eteks etc.. So now everyone ends up having egos, granted they may not look the same with ccu kits and all but its still an ego. I don't want a gun that everyone else has because then yours doesn't feel original and you lose interest in it.
██████████
██████████
+
Smart Parts Jersey & Empire Pants
New Era Red Bull pin stripe
Old 06-24-2006, 05:33 PM #38
p4inteater
40oz

Trust me, from owning an 05 speed and an ego-take the ego.

Its about half the width, half the weight, and sooo much easier to maintain. Both guns rip, but the ego is much better.

Marylandballa #6
"Originally posted by joshhelsel: Matt's advice is always win, tell that ***** to get you some waffle fries."
"Originally posted by AdamBomb V2:All in all I <3 Matt. Thanks for taking the time to help me with all that ****. Your the ****ing man. :tup:"
"Originally posted by joshhelsel: I'm turning Matt in for ruling the streets.And making it rain, on dem hoes."
Old 06-24-2006, 09:46 PM #39
sia_simba

If you people are so anal about owning a gun that no one else has... i have an idea..

GO MAKE ONE YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!

Then you'll have 1 of a kind. =)

For those that say its going to be the next ion... i'm sorry, but if a 12yr old kid can afford a 750 dollar gun... then i give it to him... he can play with it. Who the hell cares? But put it this way... if you do have the etek and it is going to be the next ion.... at least if you're not a kid, you can always tell the 12yr old to go buy a car. Doubt he/she can afford that nor can they drive legally... now does that make you feel better ?

From the way it seems... the people who ARe complaining ARE the little kids because only silly kids care about what everyone else has.

But I like my original idea though... go build a gun yourself if you want something that NO ONE ELSE has.

PLus I agree with some previous posters.... WHO needs a 1200 gat to shoot 15bps ? when an ION can do just that much. I am pretty sure I can pick up an ion and whoop half of your butts with shockers, dms, egos, etc. and want to know why??? I've been playing for 8 years. The markers only carry you so far little ones.. the rest is your intelligence and skills. Sometimes... we wonder why god gave us a brain. =)

Euphoric-Syndrome
www.u4ik.com

New Cocker Forum
http://www.customcockers.com/forum/index.php
Old 06-25-2006, 01:17 AM #40
RUOMO
All she needed was some

wait a minute

they stopped making nerves????????????

oooh ****
i am retarded and screwed cause i have a nerve

Don't be mad cause I'm doing me better than you doing you
Old 06-25-2006, 12:35 PM #41
Hoop33
SCK4life

i dont think anyone that is a noob will buy a750 gun then a 150 nitro tank just so it will run im gettin one whenever someone will buy my ion

shut-up and wing it

birthisadeathsentence
Old 06-25-2006, 06:01 PM #42
Ballers anonymous 77
U.N.O Member # UNO!!!

see this is also my dilemma. (sp?)

if everyone buysd them they wont be so valuable obviously. and if someone PE screws up which is highly unlikely the already low starting price will drop badly. Plus as always resale goes down. And us gun whores thrive in this market.

then again the odds of PE making a bad marker are about the same as xsv using squirt guns...

terrible analogy i know.

Originally posted by Covenent
I like people that are like you, why aren't all pbnationers like you?

Cobalt STDM5, musashi m6, pulse hopper, crossfire-nitroduck tank