PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-21-2006, 12:04 AM #1
*R0Nn13* (Banned)

Superman Sliding, I Can't Do it Right

Hey guys, I know this is always asked but I have a little bit of a different problem. Usually when I play I go for the 50 off break like the carwash or doritos and I will go in the snake sometimes which is like once every like 7 games. So when I superman slide into the snake, I have a problem. I'm running fast but not full speed, then I get low before I dive and then I just dive and land on my stomach and arms. When I land, I just hit the ground and I don't slide at all if not like 5 inches. So why am I not sliding far enough? What am I doing wrong or what am I forgetting to do? Thanks for your time

Ronnie
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-21-2006, 12:07 AM #2
~Scene_Ninja~
I hate my user name...

~Scene_Ninja~ plays in the PSP
~Scene_Ninja~ owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
~Scene_Ninja~ plays in the APPA D4 division
Are you draggin your toes? Are you actually doing a lunge forward or simply flopping onto the ground?
Old 06-21-2006, 12:11 AM #3
*R0Nn13* (Banned)

Yea I guess part of it is because I'm dragging my toes. I am lunging forward but not much. I guess I should push off with my feet and lunge forward right before I slide right?
Old 06-21-2006, 12:16 AM #4
~Scene_Ninja~
I hate my user name...

yep
Its not a jump its a low lunge. Your pushing forward not up.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:22 AM #5
shockersnotcockers (Banned)

crawl when u hit the ground then
Old 06-21-2006, 12:28 AM #6
kjm123
Quit Paintball

Run full speed, tank in crook of your arm, arms extended, and 'fall'. That's all sliding is, a controlled fall.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:33 AM #7
~Scene_Ninja~
I hate my user name...

Best thing you can do is watch a vid. Just watch Stealth Medias coverage on HB in the video forum. Its on the 9th page.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:38 AM #8
Scorcher
NSU Hot for 2010

Scorcher plays in the PSP
Scorcher plays in the APPA D5 division
Ok your problem is it seems like your just droping and hitting the ground. If you watch RL videos they are very good sliders, its like a headfirst baseball slide, kinda. Are you afraid to slide head first to me it also seems like that the way your saying it. Just watch some RL vids of them sliding.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:42 AM #9
DeadOnpBaller51
What Would W Do

DeadOnpBaller51 plays in the PSP
Get as low to the ground as possible when you're running and the step before you go into the slide make sure your last push is more parallel to the ground. Don't just run and fall on your stomach more or less s what I'm trying to say.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:45 AM #10
Scorcher
NSU Hot for 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadOnpBaller51
Get as low to the ground as possible when you're running and the step before you go into the slide make sure your last push is more parallel to the ground. Don't just run and fall on your stomach more or less s what I'm trying to say.
Yes he does want to get low but get low where your comfortable if you get too low you usally lose your footing ect. I usally running to the snake run a normal sprint but that feels comfortable and works for me, do whats comfortable.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:57 AM #11
Jeremy1026

i push with my free hand as soon as i hit the ground, as well as do what they all said
Old 06-21-2006, 01:06 AM #12
Kombatcom
Go MIZZOU!!!

wat kind of material was u sliding on? turf= farther distance. mud/grass= shorter distance... and you ahve to think bout traction
Old 06-21-2006, 01:09 AM #13
Scorcher
NSU Hot for 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy1026
i push with my free hand as soon as i hit the ground, as well as do what they all said
not such a good idea, ive seen people break wrists doing that.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:12 AM #14
Shocker.

Personally. I just dont worry about how to properly do it.

RLH to where you want to be, make sure you wont damage any equipment, and just let it flow.

I usually just push off with the feet. land with my knees bent a little so i slide farther.

Moral of the story- Don't be scared, RLH, push off with feet, dive, dont drag toes, mow some fools.

Old 06-21-2006, 01:15 AM #15
Scorcher
NSU Hot for 2010

Ah yes and with the dragging toes part if you look at some vids of pics of pros sliding they kind of slide on their side to their toes dont drag. but if your at hb going to the snake who cares your gona eat it anyways.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:26 AM #16
hazel1
rudyg

i had the same problem. run fast dont be scared get elbow pads. take a huge foward lunge step foward getting your chest low. puch off the front foot land on your elbows with the hand with your gun facing up. dont buckle down your shoulder. keep your elbows out in front of you. also feet should go up but not too much. you shouldnt really do the sliding on ur stomach either. it is mostly knees and elbows then a full extension when you are about to stop on the ground and start crawling or w.e ur doing
Old 06-21-2006, 01:34 AM #17
dobbs (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazel1
i had the same problem. run fast dont be scared get elbow pads. take a huge foward lunge step foward getting your chest low. puch off the front foot land on your elbows with the hand with your gun facing up. dont buckle down your shoulder. keep your elbows out in front of you. also feet should go up but not too much. you shouldnt really do the sliding on ur stomach either. it is mostly knees and elbows then a full extension when you are about to stop on the ground and start crawling or w.e ur doing
i taught you that rudy, and hes rite, you dont want to be on your stomach, its elbose and knees,but the knees shoued be not in a 45 degree with your body, but alot more extended out, and a big big thing is not to superman dive, but to take a big lunge step, and stay low and just go for it, practice firstwith no gun, then throw the gun into it, just practice and it will eventually work, thats what happend with rudy, and it kicked in eventually
Old 06-21-2006, 02:53 PM #18
*R0Nn13* (Banned)

Thanks for your help everyone, I really appreciate it. BTW, I am sliding on turf. And can anyone give me a link to some vids of people sliding? I know someone mentioned where to go but I don't know what site to go to. Thanks
Old 06-23-2006, 12:44 AM #19
SneakyKindofEvil
Destroyer of Threads

has been a member for 10 years
SneakyKindofEvil has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I know people have already mentioned it, but make sure to extend your arms. If your arms are too close to your body you're going to hurt your shoulder when your elbow contacts the ground.

"Most people think they shoot better with a 1911, when in reality they actually just suck less with one." -SonOfLiberty

feedback
Old 06-23-2006, 03:50 AM #20
the loser

has been a member for 10 years
the loser is an NCPA player
the loser plays in the APPA beginner division
well this might not be right, but it sounds right to me.

when u slide, u are never airborne. get real low and put ur hands out in front of u on the ground and just kinda push off with ur feet.

or, if u can get low enuff, just slide on ur hands and knees.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:40 PM #21
kansaskrusaderkid

i use a slip n slide for practice and i think it has payed off.