Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-28-2010, 01:29 AM #1
pastorajulio

Any issues on Etek3 LT frame broken???

Just wanted to know if the flez the LT has is that much and also if somebody has one craked or not.

Thanks.
JP
pastorajulio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-28-2010, 01:54 AM #2
neverclear
Schadenfreude

neverclear is a Paintball photographer
neverclear supports Team VICIOUS
neverclear is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
posted 4-12 in another thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
Sorry, but I don't know what you "heard" about LT frames, but it is most certainly NOT true.

I am very very happy to report that we have STILL NOT had one single GRN component fail. In fact, we have had 2 bent AM frames, from frankly quite horrendous falls, but have not had one single LT frame issue. In fact, no GRN failures at all, including eye covers and feedtubes.

We are very happy with the performance of those composite parts so far
I have never felt my frame flex either. This isn't cheap plastic parts, the GRN is very durable.
neverclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:43 PM #3
JSkew113

JSkew113 is BST Trusted
JSkew113 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
JSkew113 supports Team VICIOUS
if you have it in your mind that the grn is like the frame of, say an ion, then you are mistaken. the grn parts feel as close to metal as i would think you could get. i was very impressed. i would also like to think that PE did a ton of testing with the durability of the GRN parts before shipping
JSkew113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:08 PM #4
SmrtPrtsIon101
^I hate my name^

SmrtPrtsIon101 helped look for balloons
SmrtPrtsIon101 is playing at Living Legends III
SmrtPrtsIon101 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
SmrtPrtsIon101 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSkew113 View Post
if you have it in your mind that the grn is like the frame of, say an ion, then you are mistaken. the grn parts feel as close to metal as i would think you could get. i was very impressed. i would also like to think that PE did a ton of testing with the durability of the GRN parts before shipping
I've also read a few quotes from Jack Wood himself saying that while testing the Etek 3's and even now they haven't had a frame snap yet, where they have had a few AM frames bend.
SmrtPrtsIon101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:01 PM #5
Ti_G
Wait, what ?

Ti_G owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSkew113 View Post
You know, the Ion's frame is actually made out of metal...just sayin'...

Though I believe the polymer used in the etek3 is the same that is used by Glock in their firearms.
Ti_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:23 PM #6
OnFive

OnFive is playing at Living Legends III
OnFive owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Plenty of firearms now are made of composite. I trust my life to my Springfield XD9, if it's good enough for military and police it's gonna hold up in a paintball game.
OnFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 01:56 AM #7
JackandBlood

the grip on the LT even has that slight dust aluminum metallic cool feel to it, doesn't it?
JackandBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:25 AM #8
bigchuck707

bigchuck707 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandBlood View Post
the grip on the LT even has that slight dust aluminum metallic cool feel to it, doesn't it?
eh, sort of

but if you've seen the tech** review on it mike makes a good point plastic will bend back if put under strain, metal won't
the frame is awesome and i like it just as much as the AM if not more (it's cold all the time here and i don't play with gloves)
bigchuck707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 03:18 PM #9
G-lant
Oshawa Ominous!

G-lant owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
G-lant has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
G-lant has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
G-lant has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I have a broken feed tube.. I have an LT and the frame flex's when im snap shooting(but as said above it just flex's back into shape). I had my etek leaned on a box of paint with a hopper(spire) on it the gun fell over and the feed tube(feed neck) broke in half. I just replaced it with a metal one and didn't worry about warranty...

Originally posted by Fedorov
"3 bottles of vodka, 6 bottles beer and you flying horse...!"

Your not drunk until you need to grab the grass to keep yourself from falling off of the Earth.

Last edited by G-lant : 02-15-2014 at 03:22 PM.
G-lant is offline   Reply With Quote