PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-03-2015, 01:54 AM #1
blazinwes

has been a member for 10 years
Not bad Planet Eclipse (Etek 5)

Hey everyone I was a D1 player for a few years and I then got out of paintball after It died a few years back. But I'm in the army now and I felt like I had to get a hobby and a lil stress reliever. So paintall sounded perfect to me. Ive been out of the loop for a while now and I was tossed up on want new marker to get so I called up a few buddies still in the business and asked them what is the best bang for your buck. They immediately responded the axe or the etek 5.

After doing some research and some review watching I decided to buy an etek 5. I didn't choose the axe solely based on the compact stance of the marker. I shot it today for the first time and boy I'll tell you what "wow!"

I've shot alot of top quality markers from impulses (yes the brick), to DM's, timmys, shockers, and the first ego's. And I'd have to say this thing shoots pretty nice. It's very smooth for a poppet and shoulders great. Trigger doesn't make me jump for joy but it's good enough. It's pretty consisted for being out of the box and not being broken in yet. And I was using crappy, very brittle paint and didn't break one ball. a bunch of people had other guns that I asked to shoot to compare and no mid level gun really matched up to it (in my opnion). May be the best gun in paintball for the money.

Now on a side note I really wanted to tinker with the lpr and dwell setting to try and smooth it out a little more. But I decided to put a few cases through it and see how It feels then. I was wondering are any of you etek 5 owners playing with the tuning of this marker or you guys just rolling with the 1 turn from all the way in on the lpr and factory dwell (like the owners manual says) or does anyone have any settings or techniques they would like to share. Because I heard once you break this puppy in it shoots even smoother and just nicer!?
blazinwes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-03-2015, 07:03 AM #2
tonycon
Knuckleheads Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
tonycon supports our troops
tonycon is Legendary
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Out about 10 cases thru it and it will smooth out quite a bit. Then tune the lpr.

Proudly Sponsored By:
PBExplosion VirtueSpire Valken Paintball

KnuckleHeads Paintball Team
Game footage
tonycon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 01:13 AM #3
TeamProdigy1#

Just got mine the other day and have yet to shoot it, but it feels really good with a 68 tank!

Short arm players will have a harder time but for most it will feel great!

Can't wait to blast everyone next week with it!
TeamProdigy1# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 08:47 PM #4
blazinwes

has been a member for 10 years
Yes I'm 6'3" so a lon gee stance feels much more appropriate for me. And it's great to hear the gun really smooths out after you put a bit of paint through it.
blazinwes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 07:18 AM #5
Mrkite42

Mrkite42 is playing at Living Legends VII
Mrkite42 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Mrkite42 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Mrkite42 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I have 2 cases through mine and it is getting a little better. No issues here will wait a while and then check settings.
Old 05-09-2015, 12:15 AM #6
Subliminal122

Haven't tuned mine yet but I gave ran about 10 cases through it. Would you recommend lowering the lpr? Or raising it? Never messed around with it. I do understand the dwell concept though. I am assuming I can run at lower pressure to maximize shot count? I'm new to the tuning of electric
Subliminal122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 12:16 AM #7
Subliminal122

Shoots amazing btw and yes it's oly improved!
Subliminal122 is offline   Reply With Quote