PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-11-2002, 06:37 PM #1
Ground0VA

has been a member for 10 years
Angry Timmy or E-mag

I have a deal going for an 800 dollar e-mag with warp feed and hopper. But have enough for a good timmy (shocktech or other). I havnt had a chance to try the mag so tell me what u think
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-11-2002, 07:20 PM #2
enegue

The only mag that might be better than a timmy is an x-mag. But they're all sold out from what I've heard.
Old 12-11-2002, 08:49 PM #3
MikeH.
Banned

and they're 1400
get a GZ, there light and they look cool, they're only 100 bucks more and performance is great. by the way, does anyone want to trade their clamshell for my GZ frame? After christmas though.
Old 12-12-2002, 07:22 AM #4
wyn1370
...---...

Annual Supporting Member
wyn1370 is a Supporting Member
wyn1370 is a founding member
wyn1370 donated to help Peyton Trent
wyn1370 owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
wyn1370 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Quote:
Originally posted by enegue
The only mag that might be better than a timmy is an x-mag. But they're all sold out from what I've heard.
I had one and sold it. They aren't all that great. Bought a dragon instead.
Old 12-12-2002, 09:01 AM #5
speedballfreak
i wanna be james bond

speedballfreak is a Supporting Member
get a timmy.
Old 12-12-2002, 09:02 AM #6
speedballfreak
i wanna be james bond

speedballfreak is a Supporting Member
get a timmy
Old 12-12-2002, 02:05 PM #7
AutoMaggot

AutoMaggot is a Moderator
I've owned both an Emag and the Intimidator... in comparison, you'll be getting a smoother shot and a better trigger with the Intimidator. You cannot adjust the Emag any shorter than stock really... which is about 3 times the travel of the shortest I could set my Intimidator.

The pull of an Emag is truely unique, but the only way I could ever really rip on it is in Hybrid mode... but you cant walk the trigger for **** because of its strange return characteristics. My Emag was deffinitely more compact, compared to the Classic timmy I had... but the Timmy was just an easier gun on the playing field... weighs less, and you didn't ever have to worry about chopping... I owned my Emag last January, and got rid of it the following month because it blended paint so bad... spend $80 and you can drop in the LX kit and never worry about it... Oh well.

Efficiency was a little better on the TImmy too.
Old 12-12-2002, 02:58 PM #8
Bayhouse
Northern Cali

Bayhouse is a Supporting Member
Timmy or E-mag

I currently own both and they both have their positives and negatives. A level 10 kit is certainly a must with the mag, but that is really all you need to add. They are both great markers and maintenance is about equal. (once you know how do it)

That being said I would go with what will cost less if money is an issue, or what looks pleasing to your eyes if money is not an issue.
Old 12-15-2002, 07:56 PM #9
Ground0VA

??

Im hearing about these kits like level 10? what are they. Right now money is not a problem because if have 1500 to spend but im leaning to the timmy more. I hear the new mag is coming out if u look on their website? but over all i guess the stock mag isnt that amazing right? but put on however much money into it and it will be good? tell me if im right or wrong
Old 12-15-2002, 10:03 PM #10
Bayhouse
Northern Cali

Bayhouse is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Im hearing about these kits like level 10? what are they.
The level 10 kit is AGD's solution to an anti-chop mechanism. The first half of the stroke is really low pressure, and the last half is just like normal. If a ball is about to be chopped, the bolt will "kiss" the ball and then goes back before it completes a full stroke.

They call it a level 10 kit because there ten adjusters to help tweak the sensativity. You can have it bounce off of a folded up dollar bill, or you can have it still chop a ball. Somewhere in between is where you would want it.

If money is not an issue like you said, then go with the Timmy. My favorite feature other than the anti-chop eye is the easy bolt removal. IF you chop a ball you can clean it a whole lot easier than a Mag.
Old 12-16-2002, 01:07 PM #11
Cobrachs

You really need to shoot them both, I love the trigger of my E-mag, it is very unique. I also own a 2k2 timmy and a ir3. I got a Xmag from IAO , and it is my favorite, but I really like my timmy, followed way behind my pos ir3, its crap. I shoot my emag faster than my timmy but I have owned mags longer. They both will make you happy
Old 12-16-2002, 02:25 PM #12
lopxtc
MasterCard WebGuru

I have owned both markers and I love them both. The Timmy is lighter in weight, but the EMag has the manual backup if your battery dies. The EMag is a very easy to break down marker, and its maintanence is simple and overall easy. No hose barbs to worry about about, or hoses to pinch. The trigger is very light, and with the hybrid mode is quite easy to rip decent length strings of fire. I will say that I found the timmy trigger to be one of the best stock trigger though.

I am looking to go back to a classic timmy only because no-one in my area is using them. I prefer to have a marker that stands out more, and more and more peopl-----------------7d23a1341b0258
Content-Disposition: form-data; name="message"

I have owned both markers and I love them both. The Timmy is lighter in weight, but the EMag has the manual backup if your battery dies. The EMag is a very easy to break down marker, and its maintanence is simple and overall easy. No hose barbs to worry about about, or hoses to pinch. The trigger is very light, and with the hybrid mode is quite easy to rip decent length strings of fire. I will say that I found the timmy trigger to be one of the best stock trigger though.

I am looking to go back to a classic timmy only because no-one in my area is using them. I prefer to have a marker that stands out more, and more and more people are going to EMags around me.

However, if you are still interested in looking into an EMag I have the following package for sale for $750 + shipping ...

Level 10 EMag, Barrel, charger, drop, etc etc etc ...

http://www.automags.org/forums/showt...threadid=60093

Aaron

"Love, Peace, and Shonen Knife!"

Last edited by lopxtc : 12-16-2002 at 02:29 PM.
Old 12-16-2002, 02:57 PM #13
#1P8ntballer
wha da heo

#1P8ntballer is a Supporting Member
#1P8ntballer is a founding member
try a Mag with a level 10 kit. I garentee you, it will not cese to amaze. You can literally hold the bolt back by just putting your finger infront of hte bolt, not pushing it back but by just putting ur finger resting infront of it. It is different from guns say like Cockers or Matrices where the bolt pressure is low. Its completely different. Rather than having a set pressure, it has a few stages. When the bolt is first relesed, there is the least pressure which allows you to hold back the bolt by just resting your finger in front of it. As the bolt comes farther out, the pressure gradually increases. Must try. Also i see that you live in VA, where in VA do u live? Do you play at Pev's PB?
Old 12-17-2002, 11:08 AM #14
Marchborne

Thumbs up get both! (no j/k)

Well, I've got both. (I just typed out a long reply on the pro's and con's of both, but the damn server timed me out or something, so here's the short version):

Timmy is practically inifinitely customizable (sp?). The emag has less to futz around with, and is simpler to maintain. With that said, there are lots more choices available for the emag these days: level ten, no-rise feed bodies, ultralight body rails, etc.

I have a no-rise, level ten emag, and a classid timmy with clamshell, equalizer, etc. I love 'em both. I prefer the emag a little more for the trigger feel and compactness. I don't really notice the weight difference, and with the halo-b, no-rsie body set-up, I think the emag rips 'em out a little faster.

Talk to the guys at the Fairfax Pev's store. Rob over there knows his emags, and there are lots of timmy fans there. I got both my markers there, and have to regret it.

GroundOVA: Good luck finding your setup. with that kind of cash, you should be able to get what suits you best.