Contract Killer

help needed :[

long story short:
got nerve
leaks out barrel
looks all over manual + zdspb, finds nothing understandable
posts here.

the manual says
that the cupseal is damaged or has debris in it. clean/replace it.
or
lpr has little or no pressure going to the cycling system. increase pressure.

problem is: where is the cupseal (how do i replace it)/ how do i increase pressure.
I KNOW I AM A NUB WITH THIS CRAP AND AM FRUSTRATED WITH IT.

here it is in a little bit more detail:
i got my nerve on the 17th and it would be my first "high end" marker after my trilogy. since i dont know much about the electronics of it all, i let my friend who has played for several years with all types of guns to service my marker in any way possible to make it better. when i got it back he said it was leaking out of the barrel when he airs it up and couldnt fix it. so heres the problem: all of the settings are unknown to me and everything. all i pretty much know is how to turn it from vision to non-vision, change dwell, ramp on/off, and rate of fire. i am pretty screwed but help would really be appreciated. i know i am quite idiotic and apologize in advance for making the mistake of jumping to a gun that is too advanced for me.
so i ask that someone could briefly explain this with as much detail as possible since i am close to not knowing anything...

thanks and sorry for this crappy post. i feel bad for having to do it

btw i have many many questions about the nerve and the manual/zdspb.com/stickies are just too advanced for me so if someone could pleace im me on aim to fill me in on a few things it would be greatly appreciated @ lyle pwns thanks.

set-up if it helps any:
stock nerve
p.e. 68/45
empire b

nerve ftw

dying to live.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-19-2006, 02:24 AM #2
poppasmurf15
Throwin ropes since '99

has been a member for 10 years
poppasmurf15 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
poppasmurf15 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
poppasmurf15 plays in the APPA D5 division
www.zdspb.com will teach you everything you will need to know about your new gat. The site shows some pictures to help you along. Great site, this guy has forgotten more than most players will ever know about smart parts guns. But if you have any questions, just ask around here. Most people in the nerve forum are more exerienced ballers. That's why they chose such a rare gun to own. I know I will lend any help I can give . IM me here if you need to. I don't use any other IM programs.

And the cupseal is the white delrin thing that comes out when you remove the lpr. you increase pressure by screwing in the lpr. Also try pulling out the ram and inspecting the o-rings around the valve area for damage and re-lube. The cup seal may very well be damaged, but smart parts will fix it for free if it is still under warranty. If not call them anyway, they will sell you one, or might even give you one for free if you sound distressed enough over the phone.

This is a pic of an older nerve. The new nerves come with an lpr extender (the silver thing on the newer nerves). If you don't have one, smart parts will send you one for free. The new nerves also come with an improved cup seal (w/ a little bit of a bump on the sealling side, for a better seal, which may be the problem here) and a bolt with a little bit of a chamfer to it, for the sft o-ring in the chamber to seal on.

"we must all hang together or assuredly we shall all be hanged seperately." -ben franklin

Last edited by poppasmurf15 : 06-19-2006 at 02:36 AM.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:39 AM #3
xXLoSeRXx
Contract Killer

alright thanks. i am having trouble getting the LPR body out. not really sure how to do it... btw it is an older nerve.

nerve ftw

dying to live.

Last edited by xXLoSeRXx : 06-19-2006 at 02:46 AM.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:48 AM #4
poppasmurf15
Throwin ropes since '99

Once you take the lpr adjuster cap off, there ill be a place you can stick an allen wrench, it's a huge one, can't remember the size. Deff look into getting your nerve ser # and getting smart parts to send you the upgrades. They should give you the factory upgrades for free.

"we must all hang together or assuredly we shall all be hanged seperately." -ben franklin
Old 06-19-2006, 03:24 AM #5
xXLoSeRXx
Contract Killer

thanks i just relubed it and its fine now.
but now i have encountered my second problem: when i dont shoot the guage stays at 200 with dwell at 30 but when i start shooting, the guage jumps down like 75-100 psi every shot so like 3 quick shots until the guage reads 0 and wont let me shoot any faster until it slowly jumps back up to 240 psi and starts leaking out of the bottom of the reg.

do i adjust the input on the guage by turning the lpr or using an allen key to turn the bottom of the reg. i want to get the same settings as the high efficiency thread said:
Dwell-- 30
ROF-- 5
Rebound-- 2
Tank input-- 800 psi
Vert max flo-- 220

btw how do i know what my tank input is? sorry for the nubbish spam again :[ the stickies + manual are a bit out of what my mind can comprehend atm.

nerve ftw

dying to live.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:21 AM #6
fulleffect6912
XBL: The Ace O Spade

fulleffect6912 is a Supporting Member
it sounds like your reg needs relubing and cleaned, thats what happened to me with my shocker reg. http://www.zdspb.com/tech/mguide/regs/main_nextreg.html
that should help
my old feedback
SIC Factor
...the sickness 9 out of 10 'ballers prefer.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:41 AM #7
poppasmurf15
Throwin ropes since '99

Yes sounds like a sticky reg. Lube her up as the post above says. Also if your on/off is not quite open all the way or if it is restricting airflow, it can also cause this problem. Different tanks will act differently on different on/offs. You are using HP (around 800psi output) air correct? Sometimes LP (around 400psi output) tanks can be a problem. It should say on the tank reg.

Old 06-23-2006, 09:50 AM #8
[PlaceAdHere]

i know this is really basic, but it will leak if the bolt is not back ... or at least mine did originally
Old 06-24-2006, 01:32 AM #9
poppasmurf15
Throwin ropes since '99

Yes, if the bolt is forward it will hold the valve open a bit and make it leak. (Just like in the old impulse days) But if the backplate and bolt are installed correctly the bolt should always be in the rear position. Be careful if you gass it up and the hammer slams back without the bolt in the hammer groove it could bend your pin. Always make sure it is clicked in correctly before gassing her up. Or you could gass it up and install the bolt afterward (which is pretty much a fail safe method).