PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-17-2006, 02:52 PM #1
Ethan211
Whys is we paintin balls?

NIB forum idea

I was just thinking about the setup of the NIB forum, and how to possibly make it better. You could allow members to sell either one item at a time, limited to one or two per month, or items under a certain price; without the need for gold ups. This would allow members who are not out to make a profit to sell any single item they might have, or a number of identical, low-cost items without having to pay a large portion of the item's cost just to list it, while keeping these items visible to as many people as possible. To prevent capitalist pig-dogs from making a profit while tying up the nation's server and bandwidth, you could sell 'merchant licenses', which would allow those who are looking to conduct serious business and sell multiple, moderate-to-high priced items to do just that. Merchant licences could be sold weekly, monthly, or anually, and would add a tag to the user's posts, similar to the supporting member system. I think this would be a good system as it would not leave people with low-priced items out in the cold, while still providing a source of income for the site from those who wish to use the forum as a business. Failing that, perhaps gold ups in increments, such as 2-day, 4-day, 7-day, for $3, $6, and $10 respectively.

PS - This is not about my mask. I sold it on ebay like paintballer187 told me to. I am just trying to make things better for everyone. I was reading in the talking to mods forum about a guy who wanted to sell 'top-hat' mods, whatever those are. He is left unable to sell them, because the gold ups are too expensive compared the the price of his items, and this prevents anyone else from buying his items. I feel that the current system, while in place for a good reason and effective at controlling the behavior you wish to control, has room for improvement, and could be more flexible while maintaining it's effectiveness.

Thank You
No Trigger Spring, Polished Internals
12" 2005 Powerlyte Scepter Kit
PBNation Feedback SpecOps Feedback
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement