Welcome back to paintball
Here are my quick tips suggestions.
1. Remember cover is your friend use it often and use it well, dont come out of the top of bunkers and try and expose as little of your self as possible when coming out of one to shot.
2. You got good gear, always a good thing, but in a way its bad for you. Why? 1. The other team is going to be gunning for you because they figure if you have that nice of stuff you must have experince and because you can potentially put down alot more fire than 3 or 4 retals can.
3. Learn the layout of the field. If its a woods field learn to watch for backdoors such as ravines creeks etc... Its amazing sometimes how many people forget to watch really obvious places for people. If its speedball learn where your angles are.
4. Find good people and work with them. Find the experinced players on the feild and ask them what to do how to do it etc... They will know which bunkers are the best to take, what routes you have to push and defend ect.. Commuicate(if they already know where you are theres no reason to be quite and not talk with your team mates) with them durring the game and help them out. Working as a team makes a big difference since most walk on players dont do this or even realize that working as a team isnt just "you go here I'll go here, and we'll shoot everyone we see".
5. Remember that accuracy through volume isnt always your friend. Yes it helps keep people down and get some out but it also means theres less chance of you sneaking up on people or remaining undected after an elmination. If it only takes you 3 or 4 shots from a flank to take someone out your less like to be noticed than if you spray 20 rounds. This is especially true in woodsball but can be used even in speedball on occasion.
6. Move when possible, dont let yourself get stuck in one bunker for to long. This gives the other team a potential advantage especially if your out infront. THey can post up on you and it gives them time to call friends over to help. If you realize that evertime you hit their bunker with paint they stay down for 4 or 5 seconds use this. Hit their bunker with paint and move up to a better position. So many people fail to realize that paint hitting your bunker is just that hitting your bunker unless its coming around the sides or over the top it doesnt have a chance of hitting you. So dont let people keep you pinned down by painting your bunker, make sure they are not trying to walk up on you, pop out and snap shoot at them.
Ok thats enough of me rambling I hope it helps.