PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-10-2002, 03:18 PM #22
one five one

one five one is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
So, is it our eyes or what...Do we get new ones if they're faulty?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-10-2002, 03:55 PM #23
FlipFlops
what's on your feet?

FlipFlops is a Supporting Member
FlipFlops is a founding member
FlipFlops works for a Paintball manufacturer
I picked up one of these and now I'm having problems too. When I first installed it, everything was fine, but now it refuses to let me bypass the eye when I push the bolt forward and fire a bunch. When the bolt returns the eye is enabled.

Great.

I'm sticking with the original eye for now.
Old 12-10-2002, 08:17 PM #24
dustin554

All u have to do is remove eye covers and the 2 bolts that hold on your upper body. Then disconnect the old eye and install the new one.
Old 12-10-2002, 11:01 PM #25
amused

Depending on how far back the bolt is, the pbk adjustable caps can bottom out and the ball still won't be in position.

I've also seen some guns with cock-eyed drilled eye holes, check that with a dowel or pen.
Old 12-11-2002, 03:04 AM #26
HecK
Who?

Fortunately the pbk ram cap is JUST long enough to make the bolt flush (not to happy bout that either but it's flush so who cares) but my eye holes aren't cock eyed. Like I said, I can put in the old eye and everything works like a charm. And the solution still is a mystery, tune in kids, same WAS time, same WAS channel for the next attempt at a solution .

HecK
Old 12-11-2002, 11:13 AM #27
madcow
Lactose Intolerant

The two bolts that hold trigger frame to the body. Be sure to use the Oring that is on the original eye on the WAS eye.
My Intimidator
Feedback
GZ w/ LCD Clamshell, Dual Regs, VaporWorks Entropy board, 14" Powerlyte Scepter barrel, 45/4500 MacDev Conquest, Powerlyte rail, Halo B
Trauma supporter #101
Old 12-11-2002, 04:00 PM #28
one five one

one five one is a Supporting Member
Thanks.
Old 12-11-2002, 04:17 PM #29
ghayes54b

Great Jim.

Now I feel guilty about considering sending one of my three WAS eyes back.

I will check it again before I actually send it back to you. It turned yellow on the first trigger pull in various scenarios and another WAS eye worked great and the original eye worked when tried again. I will check it VERY carefully one more time before returning it.
Old 12-12-2002, 12:15 AM #30
HecK
Who?

Thanks for the reply. I'll check everything one more time just to verify that I am not insane. After that I'll be sending the puppy off to ya jim. Is the address I can send it to on your website? Late

HecK
Old 12-14-2002, 02:20 AM #31
FlipFlops
what's on your feet?

I did a little testing today with my wicked eye. As everyone has mentioned, I have the little o-ring on it, and I've checked alignment, the wiring, etc.

If I pull the eye out of the body and fire the marker, the eye becomes disabled. With the eye in, no paint, bolt back, the marker fires with the delay. With paint it also functions fine, shooting without any problems. However, if you push the bolt forward and fire, the eye never becomes disabled. It fires without delay, but as soon as you pull the bolt back, the eye is still on, led blinking green.

Next I tried putting the bolt in different places in the breech. I found that if you line the o-ring on the bolt tip up with the eye holes, the eye would become disabled when you fire. Any other position would not allow the eye to become disabled.

I have also tried this on another gz intimidator with a completely different wicked eye, and it does exactly the same thing.

Any ideas Jim?
Old 12-14-2002, 02:30 AM #32
cpelton

sounds like the eye is seeing through the bolt?
Old 12-14-2002, 06:43 PM #33
FlipFlops
what's on your feet?

I'm using the stock bolt. I've tried white and dyed varieties.

What's really interesting is that the eye worked flawless at first, then after a day of play it started acting like I described above.
Old 12-14-2002, 07:08 PM #34
amused

That's just weird. I spaced my bolt flush with my ram, eye has been in for 8+ cases....I love it.
Old 12-14-2002, 08:45 PM #35
Jom
A Real Flag Hang

Jom is a Supporting Member
Jom is a founding member
Try it in direct sunlight and in the shade.

I know the RaceGun sometimes gets tripped if direct sunlight comes into contact with the eye.

The quickest way that discovered this problem was shooting without a loader. Then putting a loader on and the problem disappears.

Just a suggestion.

Jom
Old 12-14-2002, 08:52 PM #36
anjordan77
All Paintball Supplies

anjordan77 plays in the USPL
anjordan77 donated to help Peyton Trent
anjordan77 helped look for balloons
anjordan77 is playing at Living Legends III
anjordan77 is Boss
anybody tried replacing the ball stops to make sure the ball isn't rolling down the barrel or something like that?

i know silly thought but maybe that's the prob? my marker hasn't worked perfectly since i lost my orings for the eyes, i'm testing out having orings on the eyes tomorrow and will let you know when i get back from practice. i've been told you don't need orings but now it sounds like orings are good.

also, as dumb as it may sound make sure you plugged the WAS eye into the right cord...blue to blue...etc. i had the problem before..oops..call me stupid.

those are my thoughts, and i'll let you know what my gz does with the original halo on there tomorrow with 2 hard ball stops, stock eye covers, was eye, orings on both eyes, pbk adjustible ram cap. hopefully bonus balls will be flying onto the other team tomorrow....
Old 12-16-2002, 11:43 AM #37
bunkerhard
141 paintball

When you are first fireing the gun with paint in it and it flashes red and green what does that mean?? I have both the was eye and Board?? I was thinking that was the forced eye mod after three times of shooting it turnes orange ??thanks for the help
Old 12-16-2002, 12:34 PM #38
anjordan77
All Paintball Supplies

anjordan77 is Boss
improvements?

well, i ended up having to bypass the eye by flipping the dip switch to off, what a waste of a feature...it kept delaying...i think they need to move the eye holes back or make a longer bolt to solve this issue..that would be easiest having a longer bolt than having an adjustible cap that doesn't always put the bolt flush with the feed neck. the adjustible cap could be used to fine tune the bolt to your likings though.

i would think an upgrade from the old eye to the new one would actually make the marker perform better, apparently it doesn't do anything but cause problems. it's quite obvious more than one person has this problem.

i can't really tell but aren't the holes that the eyes go into on the bottom of the chamber? i would think it would make more sense to put it about half the size of a paintball up...then you technically should have the eyes looking at the center of the balls instead of the very bottom where there's less surface area and the eyes might not sense a ball. just my .02$

anyways, with the soft original stops on, aluminum eye covers, stock 1.4.3 board, eyes off, pbk adjustible stop/cap whatever all the way in...my gz worked great with the original halo on it...until my last couple shots of the day when i was just getting rid of paint...argh...hate when that happens(was probably the bore to ball match since the sun was about to set). anyways, i think i'm just going to keep the eye bypassed for now.

if it helps WAS in determining if their eye is compatible with certain paints i was using zap chronic/ultimate orange shell with pink fill.
Old 12-16-2002, 01:31 PM #39
Bayhouse
Northern Cali

Bayhouse is a Supporting Member
Wicked Eye

I use the stock delrin bolt, Equalizer, adjustable ram cap, and
have never had a problem with my wicked eyes. I dropped them in (made sure the proper o-ring was installed) and they have worked great since. I wonder why everybody is having these problems?
Old 12-16-2002, 02:00 PM #40
FlipFlops
what's on your feet?

anjordan77, the holes for the eyes are at the base of the chamber for a VERY good reason!

Think about it. If a ball is falling in just as you pull the trigger, the eye will catch the ball halfway into the chamber, saying it's ok to fire the marker. Whoops. Chop.

We'll let you go on that one this time, but try to use your noggin.

Old 12-16-2002, 02:41 PM #41
anjordan77
All Paintball Supplies

anjordan77 is Boss
i figured as much about that placement...just there needs to be more play so that the eyes see the ballz are in there.....i mean look at the bottom of a ball sitting on a table, you can't hardly see it and if the eyes aren't looking exactly where the balls drop then the eyes don't work and all you get is delays like every single person having problems in this forum. maybe a wider eye as you look at the side of the marker so if there's any obstruction at all it notices the signal received is less than signal sent or something? granted i'm not ever going to outshoot my halo when the batteries have a good full charge, but i'd like to use the eyes since they are there for use.

maybe something that "feels" the ball is sitting on the correct spot would be an idea for future endeavors? how to feel, i dunno, stick a ricochet style sensor in there? when it's bent a ball or bolt is in there...maybe the eye would add to that but that's adding cost...

i'm just throwing up ideas of course.

make the eyes see me baulz so i never have problems and utilize the full features of mah timmay...
Old 12-16-2002, 03:51 PM #42
Beaker

Quote:
Originally posted by anjordan77

maybe something that "feels" the ball is sitting on the correct spot would be an idea for future endeavors? how to feel, i dunno, stick a ricochet style sensor in there? when it's bent a ball or bolt is in there...maybe the eye would add to that but that's adding cost...
Hmmmmm

You mean like WDP's COPS system does

I am just getting my WAS eyes but with trepidation after these posts