PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-17-2006, 12:37 PM #1
AngeloPaintball

Thumbs up WTXPS Series Results and a Big Thank You

Thanks for being patient waiting for this post, guys. We finished up the WTX season with Event #5 on Sunday, June 4th, went home and packed, slept for 3 hours, then drove to middle-of-nowhere Oklahoma to help with the air and run a vendor tent at a little scenario game you know as D-Day. We were there until the 12th, and it was an adventure! Anyway, it's taken a little while to adjust to the real world again and get this post out. So, here it goes!

The first season of the WTX is officially over with 28 teams entered in our last event. This event ran late due to stalemates in the finals format, gun problems, and players who were hot, tired, and slow getting to the fields. To all of you that I offended or made mad by griping at you to get your butts to the field, I apologize. But, that's my job! When it's been a long, hot day, and everyone's tired, and the event is running late, we all have to pull together to get things back on track. Thank you so much to all of you who were patient with the players, refs, and workers there at the end. You are whole-heartedly appreciated!

Before I post the results from the last event and the series champions, I want to make sure that some thank you's go out. Stephen and I have put a lot of work into this series in the attempt to make it something that we can all be proud of...promoters, sponsors, workers, refs, field owners, and players alike. It belongs to all of us. We want to thank the owners of Splatter Madness (Ted and Deida Isbell) and the Galvans from Apache Acres for their continuing support throughout this endeavor. Your encouragement and help are invaluable. You are all our little paintball angels! Thank you also to all the teams from those fields who supported this series and did such an incredible job on the fields. You guys rock!

To our refs...especially those who reffed every single event for us...there are no words to tell you how much we appreciate you! You have the crummiest job in the series...you stand out in the sun (or rain or wind!) all day getting shot and making someone mad no matter what call you make. Please know that we all know you have the toughest job out there. John...well, I can't believe I'm going to say this in public and don't let it go to your head...but you're the greatest. Thanks for all you do. And, JR, thank you for your dependability and willingness to help with whatever we asked of you.

OK, that's enough of that. Here's what you really want to know!

3 Man Beginner
1st place...Subject to Change
2nd place...Punk'd Kidz
3rd place...Splatter Madness
4th place...325 Kids

3 Man Series Champions...Subject to Change (aka MLN, Miagi's Grasshoppers, Afternoon Delight, etc.)

5 Man Rookie
1st place...Punk'd Krew
2nd place...Team Apache (these first two teams slugged it out all season and both are awesome teams!)
3rd place...PK Army
4th place...Krazy Paint

5 Man Series Champions...Punk'd Krew

Guys, again, thank you for an amazing first season. Stay tuned for the schedule for next season. We've got some exciting things in the works. We're reorganizing divisions, adding to the rule book to make things clearer, and streamlining the organization of the event. It's going to be a great year!

See you guys in a couple of months!!
www.angelopaintball.com
angelopaintball@hotmail.com
325-482-0400
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement