PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-12-2006, 09:19 AM #1
pballerclark

Question snake

Im horable at playing a snake what can i do to improve and tips on how to play a snake
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-12-2006, 09:33 AM #2
UniqueMemberOfHK
Get it? It's a joke...

Stay low.Don't have your pack, butt, or your back sticking up over the snake.Learn how to crawl fast and slow and never appear at the same spot.Depending at what kind of snake it you may have a bunker at the end of the snake.If you can make it their unnoticed you could get alot of kills.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:41 AM #3
fudgeman_007

fudgeman_007 is a Supporting Member
be sneaky
Old 06-12-2006, 12:16 PM #4
Paint-it-up
Love♠Hate™

Paint-it-up owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Paint-it-up supports Team VICIOUS
Paint-it-up plays in the APPA beginner division
Paint-it-up has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
If theres nobody in the snake with you or anyone in the snake corner, dive in and drawl as fast as you can, all the way down and mow foolz.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:45 AM #5
paintcrazy505
O Noes!!!

I gennerly do well in the snake by stayin queit..when no one is in there with u just stay quiet and dont move my team mates usually ask if iam still in i dont anwser...then when everyone is busy wit there gun fights peek fast pick a good target then snap at him if done correctley u will have him by suprise and he wont be able to dodge the paint... the sneak up the snake
Old 06-13-2006, 07:48 AM #6
Linuss

If you and an opposing player are in the snake GET HIM OUT. If you dont get him out, it can cause a lot of problems for your team.

If you get out while getting him out, who cares, but do anything and everything to get him out!
Old 06-13-2006, 08:30 AM #7
"__BuNkErMaN__" (Banned)
TEAM ELECTRIC FUNERAL

continue to play the snake you will learm by yourself
Old 06-13-2006, 05:54 PM #8
Team_Deranged

i play snake on my team, basicly try and take is as soon as possible (off break if you can) and try no tto let the other team know your in it. if another player from the other team gets into snake, then bunker him as soon as he gets in there because he will be off guard and wont expect it, this is a chance for a runthrough if possible. if no1 elseis in snake then crawl up there until you get into the middle at least and dont pop out in the same place 2 times.if you have a chance for a runthrough, then take that chance. play smart play quick, play safe.
---------------------------------
my soon to be sticky thread
i mow more then faces, i mow lawns
Old 06-13-2006, 06:08 PM #9
johnyblaze139

shoot them before they shoot you, because if they hit you first.... you loose
Old 06-14-2006, 11:39 PM #10
Paint Ur Face 13
IM OLD GREGGG

Dont always take the snake off the break it is a good secondary move cuz u might be able to get to the snake if its your first game against the team but the rest of the games they will expect you to go straight there so they will Probably be holding a lane (unless they suck). while in the snake make sure you are as low as you can be because when i first started playing snake i would always get shot in the pods. if you have a chance MOVE dont stay in one spot because every one on the other team will know you are there and they will have a couple guys shooting at you. the more you move the better.

Mid-West Mafia #46 illinois
DST>>>WWW.DISTORTIONPAINTBALL.COM<<<DST
SKWIRNMN FOR THE WIN!!!
PORK A CHUB???
Old 06-14-2006, 11:45 PM #11
trenches
KING KONE

remember, there are two different ways to play snake:

1. get in there quiet and take out a few ppl

2. get in there and make a good comotion where all the guns get turned on u and ur teammates can make great moves

DAHKNESS!!
Old 06-15-2006, 12:48 AM #12
Team_Deranged

make sure you have a goo dbackman for you because there are certain bunkers on the feild known as snake killers. they are positioned perfectly to kill the snake man make sure that your backman can kepp the snak e killer in his bunker so you can move. make sure that you can sprint fast,low,and be compact. get a smaller pod belt, and get a light small gun. take amny squeegies with you because you will end up in a tight spot and you must have one available at anytime. practice snap shooting while on your knee(s) and learn to dive/slide well. but the best way to get better is to actually play. practice practice practice practice and praqctice
my soon to be sticky thread
i mow more then faces, i mow lawns
Old 06-15-2006, 12:42 PM #13
JulioA

Snake is being quick. Before taking the snake walk the field see what anges are very apparent from the first knuckle the second all of them. That way when you are in a game and are in the snake you know exactly where your shooting. Waste no time figuring out where they are just snap shoot where you know they are, most of the time they wont know your even there.
Max Lundquist fanclub member #7
Red Legion fanclub member #11
Joy Division fanclub member #512
Mexican Baller #18
"Looks like chewing gum, feels like chewing gum, tastes like Sh$T"
RL TIMMY
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1698435
RL TIMMY
Old 06-15-2006, 01:14 PM #14
Posila5star

Its also nice when you have a back laning in front of you so you can shoot across the field.
Old 06-17-2006, 10:44 PM #15
omally jones

omally jones is BST Legit
omally jones is Legendary
make sure you have a back player helping you out and shoting out possitions to you, If you are getting scared because there is alot of attention on you and you are being shot at alot, just remeber that you pose a greater threat, learn how to snap shot, always head check, dont be stupid and die for a dumb reason, just try to take out as maney gus as you can on your snake side, and you will have the game won
Old 06-26-2006, 09:16 AM #16
Paint'nFaces (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by omally jones
make sure you have a back player helping you out and shoting out possitions to you, If you are getting scared because there is alot of attention on you and you are being shot at alot, just remeber that you pose a greater threat, learn how to snap shot, always head check, dont be stupid and die for a dumb reason, just try to take out as maney gus as you can on your snake side, and you will have the game won
This man is exactly right. If you have a ton of guns on you, you are doing exactly what you are suppose to do. Your team will have a great opportunity to move up field. If you are being loaded on, try to stay low and stay alive while your team moves up.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:44 AM #17
yur_bunkered
wanna dip my balls in it

When im in the snake you gotta saty effin low but u still have to move fast. I play on the turf that get pretty slippery so hers wut i do. I stick my elbow/arm in the ground and put all my weight on it then start running and pushing myself along the ground. Its really fast and you stay really low. Also, listen to your backman when he tells you ware the ppl are, you dont want to waste time popping out of the snake to try and find them yourself cuz then they see you and expect you to pop out and they'll mow you down.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:16 PM #18
DYEBiatch! (Banned)
HxC

I think there should be an official "Snake Player" thread. Oh so often do I peak into this section and see threads like this. Who over and over ask the same basic question.

1. How do I get in snake?

2. What do I do in the snake?

3. How do I stay alive?

4. How do I get kills?

Now some of you think "oh you play snake you have to get there off break". This is a common misconception that if taken to heart can get you shot an awful lot. While sometimes it is important to take it off break and try to get down it as far as you can, most of the time it is not. Usually you will have the ability of running and gunning to a bunker near snake then diving in. This is usually the smarter choice being you will be shooting more paint meaning its more probable to shoot an opposing player out off break. Also you're not risking getting laned out off break. Let me ask you a question. Do you want any one on the other team getting into snake? Your answer should be no which means (this is if you're smart) you'll put a big fat lane right at the head of the snake to blast any one getting in there. The othe team most likely has the same mindset as you and is going to try and do the same thing. Basically what Im trying to get at is different teams play differently. Know how the opposing team plays and how hard it would be for you to get there and what you need to look out for.

While in snake your job is to look inside keeping the other team from moving up the field and getting kills. You should have a back player playing down your tape keeping the other teams snake player from bunkering you and keeping his mirror in so you can bump up a notch. You should be looking inside most of the game unless you're looking to bump up a notch.

When you're in snake its a very easy going prop to play. Alot of paint is going to be shot at you. DONT TRY TO GUN BATTLE! You are a very important asset to your team, dont take the chance. Stay low when you bump up a notch and try to keep your gun up and shooting down tape. (Seeing this be done can be seen and studied in almost any X-ball match).

Also! Last but not least. Walk the field before you play. Know the angles that all the knuckles have and know what you can shoot from them. Take this situation for example say you superman into the first knuckle. Your tape is totally clear and you could bump up with ease. BUT there is guy back left, you have the angle on him from S1 but not from any other knuckle. Pop up lay some paint on him and bump up. Just shooting 10 balls will help you out. Whether you shoot him in the face or you just tuck him in. Either one is helping your team.

I hope this post has been helpful. Good luck in progressing as a snake player and as an overall paintball player.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:04 PM #19
pballerclark

how do i palay a snake thats only 2-2 1/2 feet tall or is it even possable that is the size of our fields snake is thanks for the help guys
Old 07-02-2006, 09:40 PM #20
meotai
OneShotKiller

it's only 1/2 feet tall? lol, i would avoid it and play the dorito side.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:02 PM #21
Ghostrunner
Angel with no Mercy

no he means 2 ft. -2 1/2 ft. tall and just get down and dirty play on your belly. And crawl up usually the begining or end of each section has a taller part in those parts play on one knee or maybe even a power stance.
Blue 05' Speed
G7 Lazer Eyes, Evolve Newton Kit, v7.0 ramping software
Stock 05' Black/Yellow Karnivor(Coming Soon)
Boston Red Legion (Russian Legion) Fan # 243 & 1/2
Friends don't let other friends be Emo