Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-12-2006, 08:56 PM #22
depraved
ack yer asy bai vawl yoom

was his mom at the drift track in a lamborghini or wut?

Last edited by depraved : 06-12-2006 at 09:33 PM.
depraved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 09:13 PM #23
ken crane
WDP MASTER TECH.

has been a member for 10 years
ken crane works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpinsaylor
back to the original post. How often does this even happen? Ive only heard of it occuring a few times. Its common sense not to put oil in the fill nipple. However people who arnt inot the paintball world such as ourselfs dont know that and wont hear this warning. I see alot of people using oil to fix co2 tanks and such. It is dangerious and sad, but I dont think its anything to start new safety standards or continually up a thread. Stuff happens, the best we can do is educate

jorden,you have no concept of safety or anything else for that matter. if you continue i will ask that your ip and screen name be banned from here as well. that had to be one of the stupidest posts you have made to date. here is a sad fact. if i didnt "up" the thread it would have died the first day i posted it. it seems that "agg" and the other threads that have no useful information have taken the hits rather than a thread with safety warnings. the last time i checked you were 15-16 years old. re-read your statment "It is dangerious and sad, but I dont think its anything to start new safety standards or continually up a thread. Stuff happens, the best we can do is educate" if i didnt up the thread who would be educated ? leave it alone and move along.
ken crane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 09:37 PM #24
depraved

ya'rly...i think this warning should be sent to all air-tank manufacturers and have a big warning sticker wrapped around any new tank purchased so you must read it before use (not that many ppl even read the stuff that comes with their products anyways...but it should be done anyways) and have it posted at all fields and paintball shops. for all u know some kids tank could explode while your standing next to it firing shrapnel into your flesh, i guarantee if that happened u'd be singing an entirely different tune.

and ken the 'explosion' hazard is for HPA only correct? i find no reason to support oil in a co2 tank could cause an explosion like an HPA tank.
Old 06-12-2006, 09:55 PM #25
crownsk8er
I suport the Schrute Buck

like you said in the previous post, i dont think that oil in co2 could ignite cause of the lack of oxygen

and also, i think it is a good idea to put it in your sigs among the useless crap like,
"97% of teams have a fat kid, put this in your sig if you are that fat kid"
this however isnt useless at all, i would like to educate younger "ballers" than myself so i am not in danger while filling an hpa tank or near one being field, i reolize that i am only 15 but i still think that prevention is the first step to safety, if people arent educated about this then the athorities may ban hpa for paintball and make us find something less combustable, i am sorry for the misspelled words and rambling, but i happen to think that this post is very usefull and i for one didnt know that putting oil in my fill nipple would cause it to explode, i havent done it but i gave the copy of this post that i printed out to my local field owner and even he said he hadent ever heard of this happening.

Last edited by crownsk8er : 06-12-2006 at 10:01 PM.
crownsk8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 09:58 PM #26
depraved

yeah i know plus theres no heat, but i dont wanna say its ok and have kids's tanks blow up cuz i told em it was ok
Old 06-12-2006, 10:23 PM #27
ken crane
WDP MASTER TECH.

Ok compressed air made from a commercial compressor is aprox. 78% nitrogen.
It has aprox 22% oxygen (02). If your field uses a compressor this problem could occur but is not probable. The point of this thread is it can, do and will happen. if you don’t pay attention to what the physics of compressed gasses mixed with flammable materials can do it is very enlightning.the nitrogen isn’t the problem as a matter of fact if a field buys gas (n2) from a commercial supplier you have a gas the is void of all oxygen thus eliminating this issue for the most part.

***OXYGEN UNDER PRESSURE WILL RAPIDLY OXIDIZE OIL OR GREASE, RESULTING IN AN EXPLOSION. NEVER use oil or grease on valves or gages intended for oxygen cylinders. Use only oxygen service regulators.
CO2 Advantages

If it cannot be used as a high-pressure propellant, why use it in airguns? What advantages does it have over compressed air?

It has a few:

Because CO2 liquefies as it is compressed, more of it can be stored in a low-pressure bottle than could be if it did not liquefy. To get a similar volume of exhaust from compressed air, much higher pressures are required. You can get more shots from a low-pressure reservoir filled with CO2 than you can from compressed air at the same pressure.
At constant temperature, CO2 will boil off at a constant pressure. In practice, the temperature will usually be falling at each shot as some CO2 "boils off" by taking some heat from its' surroundings. But if the temperature is kept constant, the gas pressure will be constant until the reservoir is almost empty. Compressed air on the other hand is losing reservoir pressure with every shot.

A bottle of air compressed to 3000 psi is potentially more dangerous than CO2 compressed at less than 1000 psi. Air is an oxidant; compressed and mixed with oil, it can explode in flame. CO2 is an anti-oxidant and cannot burn.

oil and grease can flash at pressures as low as 100psi. hink what it can do at 4500....

Last edited by ken crane : 06-12-2006 at 10:32 PM.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:47 PM #28
crownsk8er

ill tell you what 4500 can do, kill people
Old 06-12-2006, 11:35 PM #29
hsx

so we should put dont oil your nipples in our sigs
jk

someone is going to get hurt.
ken have you put this in a general paintball thread or asked an admin to put this on the anouncements that are always at the top of the page?
seems like it would be a good idea to me to let as many people know as possible so this doesnt continue
hsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 11:50 PM #30
crownsk8er

it will continue, their are jackasses that always say it cant happen to them
Old 06-13-2006, 08:53 AM #31
overweightangel275
Vanguard East Coast

overweightangel275 works for a Paintball manufacturer
overweightangel275 plays in the PSP
overweightangel275 is for the Gunfight
Ken, So if a field uses pure N2, that is fed into a compressor driven booster, the chances of a players tank from the field exploding, because Johnny who thinks he knows everything about HP air system puts oil in his fill nipple, are signifigantly reduced? J/W
-Koker #37
East Coast Vanguard Marker Support
Looking for Demon and Creed Parts/Markers
http://www.vanguardpaintballusane.com
mike@vanguardpaintballusa.com
overweightangel275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 11:34 AM #32
ken crane
WDP MASTER TECH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by overweightangel275
Ken, So if a field uses pure N2, that is fed into a compressor driven booster, the chances of a players tank from the field exploding, because Johnny who thinks he knows everything about HP air system puts oil in his fill nipple, are signifigantly reduced? J/W
the un official answer is yes. by removing the aprox 22% oxygen this removes 1 part of the combustion process.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:26 PM #33
crownsk8er

id rather be safe then sorry
Old 06-13-2006, 12:31 PM #34
manike
WWW.SIMONIZED.COM

manike is a Mega Moderator
manike is a Supporting Member
manike works for a Paintball manufacturer
manike supports Bob Gurnsey
manike supports our troops
Stuck for safety.

This is a VERY serious issue guys. Make sure everyone you know, knows not to put oil or grease in their fill nipple. If you have a bad/leaking fill nipple replace it! It's not worth your's or someone else's life. It's that serious.
manike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 08:37 PM #35
overweightangel275
Vanguard East Coast

overweightangel275 works for a Paintball manufacturer
overweightangel275 plays in the PSP
It's not even that hard to replace the nipple o-ring. It takes at most 10 min.
-Koker #37
East Coast Vanguard Marker Support
Looking for Demon and Creed Parts/Markers
http://www.vanguardpaintballusane.com
mike@vanguardpaintballusa.com
overweightangel275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 10:25 AM #36
capt.Perfect.Timing
lol

im gonna tell everyone i know who i play with, even the noobs who play with co2... just incase they ever get hp
Old 07-13-2006, 06:27 PM #37
serkan
chyeeaa

k well my tank fell a few months ago and the gauge got bent the readings on it are sort of incorrect so i use the one on the fill station is there any danger in this?
Old 07-14-2006, 08:55 AM #38
manike
WWW.SIMONIZED.COM

manike is a Mega Moderator
manike is a Supporting Member
manike works for a Paintball manufacturer
manike supports Bob Gurnsey
manike supports our troops
You should replace it. If you weakened it, you could have the gauge come off...
manike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 06:29 PM #39
KaosMonkey
Laser Target

Quote:
Originally Posted by depraved
and also in normal breathing air/compressed air, nitrogen makes up about 79% or 89% of the air. nitrogen is an extremely flammable gas, which is another reason the HPA tanks explode/turn into a fireball.
Sorry I don't want to flame or anything but nitrogen is an inert gas, it is NOT flammable at all. It's the oxygen in that compressed air that explodes.

check this OSHA link

http://www.osha.gov/SLTC/healthguide...cognition.html
Feedback
Ebay Feedback
KaosMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 06:31 PM #40
ken crane
WDP MASTER TECH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaosMonkey
Sorry I don't want to flame or anything but nitrogen is an inert gas, it is NOT flammable at all. It's the oxygen in that compressed air that explodes.

check this OSHA link

http://www.osha.gov/SLTC/healthguide...cognition.html
thats correct but 90% of all fields and major tournements provide compressed air not n2 .(nitrogen)
Old 07-16-2006, 06:39 PM #41
KaosMonkey
Laser Target

Sorry Ken but that is the point I was trying to make. Thank you.

Do not put oil in your fill nipple PERIOD!
Feedback
Ebay Feedback
KaosMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 06:41 PM #42
ken crane
WDP MASTER TECH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaosMonkey
Sorry Ken but that is the point I was trying to make. Thank you.

Do not put oil in your fill nipple PERIOD!

sorry... sould have read the quote. my mistake sorry