Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-11-2008, 09:25 AM #1
Evant17

Bolt

Hey guys, I just got a new angel 1, well it's used actually. But anyways I was wondering if the bolt is supposed to move back and forth freely when the gun is not gassed up.
Evant17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-11-2008, 09:28 AM #2
jgcustoms25

your talking about when you open the breech right, if you are then yea, thats how you get it out to clean it and such
jgcustoms25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:35 AM #3
Maddogmsd
2k8'er at Heart

Even if the breech isn't open the bolt usually slides pretty freely when the gun is not gassed up. Alot of people slide a business card underneath the breach when not in use so the bolt will stay back and not hit the detents.
Maddogmsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:52 AM #4
goats_896
They Live!

goats_896 donated to help Peyton Trent
Deja vu anyone?

YES, it is supposed to move freely whilst the marker is not gassed. To save the detents just remove the bolt after play, but do NOT forget to put it back before you play.
Here we stand in the middle of this new world with our primitive brain, attuned to the simple cave life, with terrific forces at our disposal, which we are clever enough to release, but whose consequences we cannot comprehend.

██████████
██████████
██████████
goats_896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:22 PM #5
Spyder-Luke
DAS AUTO

Also, this has become an extremely common question lately, so next time just take a look on the first few pages or so and see if you can help yourself before we help you. Better for you, and us.
Old 01-11-2008, 02:09 PM #6
Josteinsmira

I have heard that you should take out the bolt when you are moving the gat. Is this true?
Old 01-11-2008, 03:05 PM #7
Evant17

Thanks guys. When I was shooting it the other day and something started leaking and it sounded like it was coming from my tank but I couldn't tell and I didn't know if it was coming from the firing chamber or not so I thought it might have something to do with the bolt moving back and forth.
Evant17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 04:31 PM #8
Newball
RePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josteinsmira View Post
I have heard that you should take out the bolt when you are moving the gat. Is this true?
You could do that to save your detents but I just put some paper towel down the feedneck. That way I avoid accidently shooting it without the bolt in place which could bend you breach rods and it also prevents the ram from moving freely which reduces wear on the orings.
Newball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 08:33 PM #9
mvs1

I know now how I'm going to make my millions, I'm going to make a plug or something that goes down the feedneck that says REMOVE BEFORE FIRING and sell it to APS or anyone who asks this question for the millionth time.

Downside to removing the bolt is forgetting its not there, airing up your marker and dry-firing it, blowing your breach open, putting a dimple on your break, potentially bending your breach pins and dinging your body.

Honestly, to save server space they might as well just start deleting any thread that is not on the first page, because no body seems to look beyond that anyways.
Ripper 3
Feedback
Angel Army
mvs1 is offline   Reply With Quote