New and Improved

OFFICIAL London Nexus discussion thread

This thread was primarily made to ask questions about Nexus or anything related

Discuss
Advertisement
Old 06-08-2006, 09:19 AM #3
letspbnow
New and Improved

yes, but if you have a specific question you wouldnt put it in the fanclub thread or the pic thread would you.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:03 AM #4
Nexus - Leigh

Nexus - Leigh is a Professional paintball player
more questions the merrier I say,

so

ask away !!!

Leigh - Nexus
Old 06-08-2006, 12:55 PM #5
bounusball75
You'll Never Walk Alone

has been a member for 10 years
I read a arcitcle last year that Robbo wrote called "NXHell". It was about reunification(sp) of the world not just the leauges. I was wondering if he still thought that this is possible and why having one american league would be better than having two competing leagues having to get better and better because of the other. I think it would be good to have a governing paintball body for the world sort of like fifa for soccer but I don't think the NPPL and PSP merging would be good for the players involved.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:11 PM #6
egoowner14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus - Leigh
more questions the merrier I say,

so

ask away !!!

Leigh - Nexus

So.. why do you think you are doing as bad as you are this year?
Old 06-08-2006, 06:19 PM #7
teamMom
hooked on paintball

getting stronger

I am going to take the opportunity to answer your question from my point of view.
Nexus is a different team this year with half the players wearing the Nexus blue for the frst time.
Huntington Beach - They went with only one practice as a team and had serious paint problems at the tournament. The paint took them out of the competition as it did 2 other teams that usualy place in the top 5 of their divisions. Who knows how they would have done otherwise.That's life in the world of paintball.
Bitburg - Unprepared for Xball as a team. By the time they got it together they slaughtered their last team but it was too late by then. Counter coaching didn't help much either. Not an excuse, they should have been better prepared.
Tampa - a few more practices produced a much stronger team and they should have taken at least 5 games but some bad breaks, such as a totally undeserved 4 for 1, and a few stupid mistakes, cost us dearly. Actually they lost only 3 games, 2 more games were taken by the refs and the others they gave away.
Madrid - looking stronger than ever and went to Sunday at the top of our group. However we lost a few matches we should have won and missed our chance for the semis. They are learning from the mistakes.

As I said, half the players are new to Nexus. The team has four tournaments under their belt now and about 5 practices as a team. They're getting used to working with each other and starting to develop the trust needed to make those oh so valuable moves on the field. While many teams used to play with only one practice before a tournament, that isn't the story anymore and weekly practices have become the rule instead of the exception for most of the top teams. Nexus has some logistic and employment problems making weekly practices an impossibility. They still only practice once before a tournament and have to depend on each individual working by himself to improve and contribute to the team as a whole unit.
No excuse, just fact that they are dealing with the best they can while still setting their sites at becoming a real factor in the pro leagues.
I watch these talented players at each tournament and they have shown marked improvement both as individuals and as a team. If they continue to grow at this pace I think they will do Robbo, Planet, and England proud both in the NPPL and the Millennium.
Watch for their first appearance on the podium in Paris.
Old 06-09-2006, 03:32 AM #8
mumbles (sa)

I have a question for Leigh...

How would I go about getting one of your Playing jerseys?

and one for the team...

are there any podium predictions for the rest of the year? I mean you guys have the talent and by the looks of things the determination, so when do you think it will all come together?
Old 06-09-2006, 04:43 AM #9
Nexus - Leigh

Egoowner14 -

I trust Teammom has answered your question. Although the team is called "London Nexus" and always will be as Robbo and the majority of the guys are based around London, we have players as far as South Africa, Denmark, South of France, California and Guernsey ( pretty much France ) so team practices are pretty hard to arrange. I believe this hurts us the most out of everything, that coupled with consistency. Other than Dynasty, Nexus have beaten every single team in the NPPL Pro League, XSV, Dogs, Avalanche etc, we just need to start beating them all at the same events and consistently. Last event at Denver we beat XSV, Oakland, Avalanche, Evil and then go and lose to the smaller teams, cost us another sunday :-(

Trust me though, things are getting better, we are training harder and will soon start giving a more accurate showing of what this team is capable of.

Mumbles -

We should hopefully be picking up some more shirts soon, so as soon as I have some spare I'll pm you.

As for the podium predictions, when Nexus travel to an event we truly believe we are capable of being on the podium come the end of it, if we didn't have this belief then Planet, Dye, Robbo, wouldn't have us flying around the world to these events. So as for my predictions for podium finishes.......................every single event for the rest of the year.

Thanks for the questions guys

Leigh - Nexus
Old 06-09-2006, 11:03 AM #10
ProtoJeffers

ProtoJeffers is a Professional paintball player
Leigh....

How do you keep your lips so pert?

Jeff
Old 06-09-2006, 11:29 AM #11
Nexus - Leigh

ah ha, brother Jeff

That my good friend is one of life's biggest mystery's, however for you I'm willing to spill the beans as I've caught you looking at it a fair few times in amazement.

Firstly I sleep with a lip bra on to prevent sagging over night and have a constant feed of moisturiser rubbed on that bad boy. This coupled with Dr Abbott injecting collagen frequently really gives it the full effect look.

Of course I sleep in an oxygen chamber as well just for the hell of it.

hope that helps, love you Jeff, love you're cheque book

Lips - Nexus
Old 06-09-2006, 01:54 PM #12
egoowner14

Ok thatís good, that you think the team is getting better. Good luck
Now my next question is:

I've watched Nexus for the last 3 years in the NPPL and think the team was made up of some nasty players Ledz, Junior, Tommy, Bowen, Jamie. So why have new player for this year? Do you not think you would be in a better position in the NPPL with the first team playing?
Old 06-12-2006, 04:20 AM #13
Nexus - Leigh

erm,..........the first team is playing !

Ledz played his last event for Nexus in Miami 05, very sad day indeed. Robbo then also decided to have an overhaul of the roster as he felt that things were not really going in the direction he wanted them to.

Tommy and Jamie are still with Nexus, Jamie has been there since day one, Tommy left us for a bit to try it out in the USA, he came back after HB.

Bowen and Junior were, as Robbo put it, "released" from the squad after Miami as well. Bowen is now guesting for teams in Europe and Junior has moved out to the USA and is working for Eclipse.

All these players are, as you put it "nasty", in fact anyone who gets to play in a Nexus shirt past or present has to be otherwise they wouldn't be wearing it !

We're not too pleased with our position in the NPPL at the moment but it will be sorted

Thanks

Leigh - Nexus
Old 06-12-2006, 06:16 PM #14
letspbnow
New and Improved

yea, i finaly made a thread worh reading!!!!
Old 06-12-2006, 07:56 PM #15
ThatGuy86

ThatGuy86 is a Supporting Member
ThatGuy86 plays in the PSP
ThatGuy86 supports our troops
ThatGuy86 plays in the APPA D1 division
This is a two part question:
1. Have any Americans ever played for Nexus?
2. If not, can I be the first?

Keep up the good work, guys.
Old 06-12-2006, 09:42 PM #16
juju brown
@JuniorBrownXSV

juju brown is a Professional paintball player
juju brown works for a Paintball manufacturer
juju brown has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
juju brown has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by egoowner14
Ok thatís good, that you think the team is getting better. Good luck
Now my next question is:

I've watched Nexus for the last 3 years in the NPPL and think the team was made up of some nasty players Ledz, Junior, Tommy, Bowen, Jamie. So why have new player for this year? Do you not think you would be in a better position in the NPPL with the first team playing?

Well Iíll get on this one.

I do think the team is missing something still this year, that it was missing for the last 2 years and if they donít sort there **** out for Boston they will be out the NPPL and that would be hell for all on the team past and present.
But I did spend some time with the boys in Madrid and they are playing well and up for Boston and for the first time in a long time the Nexus I did know is coming back.

As for me being "released" after Miami 05 it was the right time for me. I was unhappy and Robbo could see that and I could see it in my game. What with Ledz calling it a day and Tommy off to the US the team was not like it should have been one big family.
Nexus was the best 3 year Iíve ever had and thanks to the team, Robbo, Ledz and Eclipse Iím living in America and having a blast.

You did miss Nicky T off that list of "nasty" Nexus player and you are dead right we had the best family and team to ever come out off England.

Robbo has got some good pick ups for this year and with time it will come lets just hope it comes by Boston.

Peace
Jr
Old 06-14-2006, 04:53 PM #17
Decption-Clay
Oldballs Clay

Has sometihng happened to the sponsorship with Planet? It seems that they're barely selling anything of yours on their site. By that I mean having the items listed for sale and are now moving towards the sale of the XSV Sl66s and the LE Gloss Egos.

Does that mean that Nexus is close to ending a very long relationship w/ Planet or has it already happened quietly?

G/l w/ the rest of the season.

Clay
Old 06-15-2006, 02:42 AM #18
Nicky T
Eclipse Customer Service

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Nicky T works for a Paintball manufacturer
Nicky T supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by egoowner14
I'm shocked I invented "nasty"!

Only joking buddy - all the players you mentioned are stand out ballers who i was proud to go to work with on the field every time we played.

Nicky T

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/NickyTruter
Old 06-21-2006, 09:20 AM #19
letspbnow
New and Improved

My Question: Why doesnt Nexus have more threads on PBN?
Old 06-21-2006, 04:45 PM #20
teamMom
hooked on paintball

Go to the bottom of the Nexus main page. At Display Options/ from the: click on
"beginning". There are more threads there.

Last edited by teamMom : 06-21-2006 at 04:48 PM.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:16 PM #21
Burnt Toast
New Zealander

Hay Nexus roosters, I have a quick question for you all.

Why, oh why don't you update your web site?.
I don't mind coming here to find out whats happening, but there are hardly ever any up to date pictures of the team players, and the news is sort of slow to come out.

Now I know this question has been asked before (once by me), so come on now, pull finger .
I want to see Pics of Nexus players at tournies shooting dudes (with in a week or tourniment), I want mpegs of training tips, I want diet tips like E.g Meat pie and pint before games . (ok, so diet tips can go)
The new player profiles?.
Go Hard :www.nexuspaintballteam.com
The other team I support:www.hurricanes.co.nz

Last edited by Burnt Toast : 06-22-2006 at 07:08 PM.