Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-04-2006, 01:41 PM #1
Automagic_Man
meh

Automagic_Man is a Supporting Member
Lightbulb Bail for Temp Banned Users

Whenever I check out the Talk To Mods section, I constantly see whiny users complain about their temp bans and how they are in the middle of a deal, blah blah blah. Well I think that the temp banned users should be allowed to bail themselves out of the wait, but at a price set by the mods. Allow me to explain:

When the mod sends a request to the mega mod, he should be given an option of whether the user should be allowed to bail or not, and set the price of the bail. Then he sends the request to the mega mod, who looks over the bail request(if there is one), and the mega mod will either accept, change, or reject the bail request. If the mega mod approves the bail upon review of the user's post and motives, the user will be sent an e-mail stating that he or she is allowed to over turn his/her temp ban at a price of $"whatever the mega mod issues". Even though the user turns over his sentence, the "3 strikes your out" rule would still apply. The bail option would only be available to those who are TEMPORARILY BANNED not PERMANENTLY BANNED.

I think this would help out those who have borderline bans and need to access their account. I myself haven't had to worry about temp bans but I feel that there are people who are truly in need of this option. I can see people complaining to the mods "Give me bail! AHHh!11" but mods could easily just state that they thought "it wasn't necessary, ban stays, noob."

Alright I'll be awaiting thoughts on this. And in the meantime, I'll be mastering some sudoku

Love to staff and PbNation :heart:
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-04-2006, 02:14 PM #2
texaspaintballplpaye

Annual Supporting Member
texaspaintballplpaye is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
texaspaintballplpaye is a Paintball photographer
Not a bad idea.
Old 06-04-2006, 02:15 PM #3
The Dread Pirate
Warning: Choking Hazard

The Dread Pirate is a Supporting Member
I like the idea. $25 to un-temp yourself would be cool.
Old 06-04-2006, 02:17 PM #4
Irunwithscissors

I think not, because they committed a crime against PBNATION rules and they should have to deal with the consequences! I mean, I can see somebody saying a joke and people take it the wrong way and they get a temp ban, then they start yelling at the Mods.

Even if they get banned they are going to make a new account and still talk on the nation untill there time runs out, So, Why give them a bail choice?

Everybody is treated equally here on the nation, but people do not see that. They are like WHOA, thats racism and they didn't get banned. Then they freak out on Mods because of they got banned for spamming. There are over 3,000 people on the nation and over a zillion threads and posts, Its very hard for Mods/Admins to cover this.
Old 06-04-2006, 02:20 PM #5
electraman7 (Banned)

electraman7 is a Supporting Member
Wont happen.

People would start *****ing "I only got banned because they wanted me to pay them monies"
Old 06-04-2006, 02:20 PM #6
gzinthehood
•••K3 Productions•••

gzinthehood is a Moderator
gzinthehood is a Supporting Member
gzinthehood plays in the PSP
gzinthehood is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irunwithscissors
There are over 3,000 people on the nation and over a zillion threads and posts, Its very hard for Mods/Admins to cover this.
There is over 250,000....
FREE GOLD UPS!
Old 06-04-2006, 02:22 PM #7
Irunwithscissors

My bad, I just guesstimated. Thats to much, My heart and sympothies go out to Mods/Admins! You guys are my heros, right under Peter Griffin of course!
Old 06-05-2006, 08:26 AM #8
AndyAllen019
INSOMNIAWESOME

Annual Supporting Member
AndyAllen019 is a Moderator
AndyAllen019 is a Supporting Member
AndyAllen019 supports our troops
AndyAllen019 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dread Pirate
I like the idea. $25 to un-temp yourself would be cool.
Indeed. I wonder how many desperate kids are willing to do it.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:18 AM #9
texaspaintballplpaye

Annual Supporting Member
texaspaintballplpaye is a Supporting Member
texaspaintballplpaye is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
I think not, because they committed a crime against PBNATION rules and they should have to deal with the consequences! I mean, I can see somebody saying a joke and people take it the wrong way and they get a temp ban, then they start yelling at the Mods.

It is the same in real life buddy.
Even if they get banned they are going to make a new account and still talk on the nation untill there time runs out, So, Why give them a bail choice?
Maybe they want to see their PMs again, and not wait 5 days. They could be doing deals or something important on the other name.

Everybody is treated equally here on the nation, but people do not see that. They are like WHOA, thats racism and they didn't get banned. Then they freak out on Mods because of they got banned for spamming. There are over 3,000 people on the nation and over a zillion threads and posts, Its very hard for Mods/Admins to cover this.
Don't know how that really plays into the whole bail. The Mods can't see everything, but there are plenty of people who see it, and report it.

Quote:
People would start *****ing "I only got banned because they wanted me to pay them monies"
They could, but they don't have to pay. They could just ride the ban out.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:05 AM #10
The Dread Pirate
Warning: Choking Hazard

The Dread Pirate is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAllen019
Indeed. I wonder how many desperate kids are willing to do it.
Lots will...
Old 06-05-2006, 12:23 PM #11
croix153™ (Banned)

^qft, and something like 350 bux for a perm ban bail.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:29 PM #12
Darth Bagel
read. comprehend. post.

Darth Bagel is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by croix153™
^qft, and something like 350 bux for a perm ban bail.
No. Permanent bans must remain permanent and unchangeable. If you've gotten one, you've clearly done something very wrong. I think this suggestion is more to help out people that have committed a minor offense, perhaps accidentally, and really need to access their stuff.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:50 PM #13
wgpkid1
word

I really do like the idea

some of the big sellers on here might get in a little mess and have a few deals that need to go through.

with a "bail" set they could almost repay the mods back for there wrong doings and continue doing bussiness.

whoever said they would make a new account, what about feedback and all that, it would get messed up, and they still couldn't make those deals

i think something like $15-$25 depending on the "crime" would be fair, they have wasted the mods time and they need to a) wait it out
or b)pay and be unbanned until they do it again

i also like the 3 strikes rule, i think the money it would cost, would prevent it from happening again and if it does happen again (3 times) don't give them a choice (unless its some astronomical amount of money for a temp ban), and make the ban longer

-wgpkid1

p.s.-for everyone that b....es about mods, they need to stop, because they try there best and don't get paid to my knowledge... and they make this forum on of the nicests ones on the web
Old 06-05-2006, 02:28 PM #14
I'magoodboynow (Banned)

yeah, its not like they're getting off free, they are simply paying a fine instead of 1 week in PBN jail
Old 06-05-2006, 02:53 PM #15
fuhrer325 (Banned)

Anything to make money!
Old 06-05-2006, 07:14 PM #16
pbfan3068
MW

Quote:
I think not, because they committed a crime against PBNATION rules and they should have to deal with the consequences!.
I find that to be incredibly ironic coming from you Defiance34, considering you have 5 accounts and left yourself feedback.

Automagic_Man, good idea.

My Feedback (+35/-0)
Old 06-05-2006, 08:23 PM #17
Automagic_Man
meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Bagel
No. Permanent bans must remain permanent and unchangeable. If you've gotten one, you've clearly done something very wrong. I think this suggestion is more to help out people that have committed a minor offense, perhaps accidentally, and really need to access their stuff.
Correct. Permanent bans should not have the option because they obviously did something serious and there is no price to make up for that. The bail is only for temp bans and at the request of the mod plus the approval of the mega mod. It's not like everyone is getting the bail option. And if people want to complain, then that's their time to waste.
Old 06-08-2006, 03:35 AM #18
Psycho Acumen
AKA Jeff

Psycho Acumen is a Supporting Member
I don't like it just because I'd probably be gone the moment it came into effect since you brought up "borderline banned."
Old 06-08-2006, 04:03 AM #19
Kodiak62
Senior Drill Instructor

Kodiak62 is a Supporting Member
Kodiak62 is a Professional paintball player
Kodiak62 plays in the USPL
Kodiak62 donated to help Peyton Trent
If the "ban" system would consider a "bail" system for minor infractions of rules, then I would like to continue this american justice analogy and request "time off for good behavior" or "parole".

What I am talking about is "perm ban's". I know the mods are over worked and underpaid so time is not something they all have to add additional duties, but it could be set up as one persons job to review "perm ban" parole requests. Say after 1 year of recieving a perm ban, you could go before the review board.

Example would be myself. Lets say 1 year ago my account (kodiak61) was perm banned for corporate spam, but since then I have been active with my new account and have been "reabilitated" per say, could I be eligible for "parole". I have not been banned since then, nor warned. I have been helpful to the comunity and feel that my forced medication from the guards has been helping.

I think that it is something to think about, but thats because I have something gain from it

Anyways, just food for thought.

Andrew Kerns
Pbwarehouse.net

Last edited by Kodiak62 : 06-08-2006 at 04:06 AM.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:45 PM #20
Automagic_Man
meh

It would be hard to judge on who gets the parole because there would have to be people recording one individuals account and inspecting it for legitmacy. Parole should only be dealt with on hand, i.e. prisons and rehabs. The interent is just too large and unstable to adhere to the main principles efficiently and justly. Not that the Staff is ineffective or anything like that, but it would be awfully difficult and time-consuming to go about accounts and checking up on their behaviors.
Old 06-08-2006, 09:32 PM #21
Irunwithscissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbfan3068
I find that to be incredibly ironic coming from you Defiance34, considering you have 5 accounts and left yourself feedback.

Automagic_Man, good idea.

Its a good thing I'm not Defiance34. Pretty sure you can ask any mod,mega mod,admin. That thread has been our only connection. What do you mean Feedback? Pretty sure thats a fraud and a perm. ban.