PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-03-2006, 08:21 PM #1
Jonnykang

1on2 situations.........

for some reason ive been losing all the games were im playing 1on2
wat keeps happening is some1 will be on my tape(rite side)and then some1 will put pressure on me from my left.my question to u guys is wat to do in this situation
help would be aprettiated
thnx
zack
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-03-2006, 08:40 PM #2
KingKat (Banned)
"im a lion!"

first, you gotta be playing a bunker that you are completely comfortable with. even if this means moving backwards, play something you know you can hold down fort with. next, find the guy that is more likely to move up, and make him more of a priority. he'll be the one that'll go balls out and try a bunker move, and thats an easy kill. he'll also be the one that'll give you more of a shot, trying to figure out when to move. this is where snapshooting will come in handy. all the while, you MUST keep tabs on your other man too. this is where posting and wrapping will come in handy. snap until you get the first man in, wrap your bunker, and post up on the second man. this takes practice so get out to the field and start playing.
Old 06-03-2006, 08:42 PM #3
Jonnykang

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKat
first, you gotta be playing a bunker that you are completely comfortable with. even if this means moving backwards, play something you know you can hold down fort with. next, find the guy that is more likely to move up, and make him more of a priority. he'll be the one that'll go balls out and try a bunker move, and thats an easy kill. he'll also be the one that'll give you more of a shot, trying to figure out when to move. this is where snapshooting will come in handy. all the while, you MUST keep tabs on your other man too. this is where posting and wrapping will come in handy. snap until you get the first man in, wrap your bunker, and post up on the second man. this takes practice so get out to the field and start playing.
yhnx bro
Old 06-04-2006, 01:01 AM #4
geekyrocketguy

Basically, when it comes down to a 2 vs 1, you generally want to get to the snakeside back corner (the most defensible bunker on the field). I just switch sides like every 2 seconds. Then I'm nearly impossible to bunker. With a bit of luck, I can elliminate one of the opponents, and then its just a 1 vs 1 and I can start moving up again.

If its a tourney with nppl rules, you might as well wipe like heck if you're the last guy left. Normally, it is a 3-for-1 if you get caught wiping. But if you're the last guy and you get caught wiping, the other team automatically gets the flag hang points. They would get the points anyway if you didn't wipe, so you might as well...But if its not a tourney, then don't wipe. People who wipe outside of tourneys tick me off.

My Photo Site
Old 06-04-2006, 02:12 AM #5
Jonnykang

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekyrocketguy
Basically, when it comes down to a 2 vs 1, you generally want to get to the snakeside back corner (the most defensible bunker on the field). I just switch sides like every 2 seconds. Then I'm nearly impossible to bunker. With a bit of luck, I can elliminate one of the opponents, and then its just a 1 vs 1 and I can start moving up again.

If its a tourney with nppl rules, you might as well wipe like heck if you're the last guy left. Normally, it is a 3-for-1 if you get caught wiping. But if you're the last guy and you get caught wiping, the other team automatically gets the flag hang points. They would get the points anyway if you didn't wipe, so you might as well...But if its not a tourney, then don't wipe. People who wipe outside of tourneys tick me off.
thnx ill remember this 1
Old 06-04-2006, 03:57 AM #6
*R0Nn13* (Banned)
Paintball is my Anti-Drug

Very helpful geekyrocketguy, I'll be sure to do that and see how it goes
Old 06-04-2006, 05:35 PM #7
geekyrocketguy

Of course, if you're almost out of time, it would be better to not wipe. Then (hopefully) the time will run out before the other team can hang the flag.
I see that the 2 people who posted above me are located in SoCal. Hopefully I won't end up playing you antime soon now that I told you this...

My Photo Site
Old 06-04-2006, 06:03 PM #8
*R0Nn13* (Banned)
Paintball is my Anti-Drug

Lol
Old 06-06-2006, 02:55 AM #9
Kirko017

Kirko017 plays in the PSP
Kirko017 posts videos on PbNation
Kirko017 is an NCPA player
Kirko017 plays in the APPA D4 division
on 2v1 i usually just shoot across the field at the guy. then just head check the dude on my tape because if he comes up the field i can just shoot him easier because he is running at me. if the other guy across the field runs up hes going sideways and its harder to get him..
Old 06-06-2006, 09:29 AM #10
Smart_Parts_Rebel

Smart_Parts_Rebel plays in the PSP
Smart_Parts_Rebel is an NCPA player
Smart_Parts_Rebel is an NCPA National Champion
Smart_Parts_Rebel plays in the APPA D4 division
Try and get some sort of tapeside bunker. That way you won't get crossed up and raped. Keep checking tape but the most important thing, is to watch the guy who is not tapeside. He will be more likely to get you out because of his angle.