Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-02-2006, 11:22 PM #1
Suburban
Suburban Paintball

has been a member for 10 years
Barrel Length

Not for accuracy.

Are longer barrels really used alot for moving those inflatables out the way?
"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." Abraham Lincoln Source: First Inaugural Address

Feedback (+3)
CCM Adjustabel Feednecks
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-03-2006, 01:21 AM #2
wfbrady09 (Banned)
wife is dead? HIGH FIVE

i uze a 14...16 too big...12 iz not bad...14 ftw
Old 06-03-2006, 02:13 PM #3
Freestyle5491

14in is perfect! 16 is too big, 12 is to small.............yea!!!!!!!!!!!!
Crossfire ??/4500

WARNING: The above post may contain sex, violence, sexual violence, violent sex, drug use, sexual drugs, violent drugs, sexual sex, and violent violence, or any other combination of the word sex, violence, and drugs.....

98% of Ion owners think that there Ion is better then any high end gun. If you would like to bonus ball those douche bags put this in your sig.
Old 06-03-2006, 02:18 PM #4
JGB (Banned)
yup, i like it

most people say 1st 8" affect your ball and having bigger than is just pointless but its up to what you think
Old 06-03-2006, 02:27 PM #5
bluedevil008
GUN FOR SALE

there is no difference in performance between a 20 and 12, in fact i think huge barrels only decrease performnace, but 14 is good, because it feels natural and looks good on most guns
Old 06-03-2006, 07:12 PM #6
Suburban
Suburban Paintball

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGB
most people say 1st 8" affect your ball and having bigger than is just pointless but its up to what you think
true, but i heard doods use longer barrels to tuck in air bunkers tighter - like use the long barrel to push the bunker in...
"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." Abraham Lincoln Source: First Inaugural Address

Feedback (+3)
CCM Adjustabel Feednecks
Old 06-03-2006, 08:33 PM #7
burnmyheartdown

What I noticed between my 14 in trinity barrel and the stock ION barrel is that balls come hotter out of the 14. It'll be at 285 with the Stock barrel, then I throw the trinity on and the velocity jumps up to around 310 or so. not sure if that's length, the trinity is .689 compared to stock .687, the only way to really know benefits is to have a freak and just change out fronts at the chrono.
Old 06-03-2006, 08:38 PM #8
wfbrady09 (Banned)
wife is dead? HIGH FIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnmyheartdown
What I noticed between my 14 in trinity barrel and the stock ION barrel is that balls come hotter out of the 14. It'll be at 285 with the Stock barrel, then I throw the trinity on and the velocity jumps up to around 310 or so. not sure if that's length, the trinity is .689 compared to stock .687, the only way to really know benefits is to have a freak and just change out fronts at the chrono.
that waz completely worthlezz to the thread...gtfo
Old 06-03-2006, 08:47 PM #9
MR. P1nK
CODE RED

14 in'' ftw
Old 06-04-2006, 06:33 PM #10
Metcalfe
Ontario Mafia

14". 16 is fine, unless your really front, 12 is fine too
Old 06-04-2006, 07:35 PM #11
paintballdudecm

paintballdudecm owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballdudecm is reppin' sidebar 4 life
14 inch ftw. 16 is too big
Old 06-05-2006, 12:23 AM #12
pbgy27
TEAM CPS

dude go all the way and get a 21 inch. haha their fun to mess around with sometimes, i have one and everyone looks at you when you walk to go get air and stuff it's hella funny. well anyways 16 for back 12-14 for front/mid
Old 06-06-2006, 01:44 AM #13
mikerednam

there have been actual test that have proven for accuracy 10.5 inches is the most accuracy length any less and the ball is exiting the barrel before the gas has had enough time to fully expand and push the ball to its full speed and any longer had no real help so with 10 being the best for accuracy going up to 16 any bigger then 10 will only make it quieter not any more accurate any longer then 16 and the ball will start to slow down in the barrel and drag against it causing it to abnormally spin and be less accurate. about getting a longer barrel to push into bunkers yes that is true if they inflate the bunkers like they should leaving room for the air to expand as the day goes on and the bunkers get hotter you then you should be able to push the bunker and have them move in a few inches what you can then do is play very tight and push the barrel against the bunker just be careful if you have the tip of your barrel pushed in to the bunker then the in front of it will be covered by the bunker and when you shot the ball will hit that spin and go off to the side very wildly you will want to push more with the middle of the barrel back towards the gun. For my recommendation I would say a 10-14 inch for accuracy but you didn’t want to know for accuracy you wanted for pushing the bunker so I would go with a 14 this will give you the best of both worlds. I also have to add that the accuracy and how loud it is will also be affected by the type of porting (spiral, straight, lack of, exc.) and where it starts on the barrel.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:32 AM #14
Smart_Parts_Rebel

Smart_Parts_Rebel plays in the PSP
Smart_Parts_Rebel is an NCPA player
Smart_Parts_Rebel is an NCPA National Champion
Smart_Parts_Rebel plays in the APPA D4 division
Well if you think about it, you sort of aim with your barrel. Usually when looking down the gun, you see the tip of the barrel, and you sort of aim with it. 14 just seems to suit my eye when looking down the gun.
Old 06-07-2006, 03:33 PM #15
Mike182
So*Fran baller

14" is perfect for me although i ocasionally use a 16"
Old 06-07-2006, 10:25 PM #16
turkeyes
BornTobeWild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban
Not for accuracy.

Are longer barrels really used alot for moving those inflatables out the way?
qft
16" gets the bunker out of the way. (for airball)

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever."
Old 06-09-2006, 05:08 PM #17
flaminpaintball8
smart parts= NAZI

i did this for a science fair project, between 8inches ( or whatever the back of a boomstick is) to 16 inches works good, anything under 8 will not allow the ball to accelerate enough. anything over 16inches will slow the ball down( and 16 inches is pushing it.) there is no difference in accuracy and velocity between anything 10-14 inches in lenght. the only difference is sound, longer the barrel the queter.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...0#post22850960
my feedback^^ +9 -0
previously posted by P8NT BALLA:really?............looks heavy with all that milling
Old 06-11-2006, 10:50 AM #18
Linuss

Dont use anything bigger then 12"... otherwise you lose too much momentum pushing the ball through the barrel.

Anything between 6" and 12" is perfect. You will rarely, if ever, see a pro player using a 14"

Longer barrel length doesnt increase range, it DECREASES it if past 12"
Old 06-11-2006, 04:16 PM #19
dyepaintball08

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerednam
there have been actual test that have proven for accuracy 10.5 inches is the most accuracy length any less and the ball is exiting the barrel before the gas has had enough time to fully expand and push the ball to its full speed and any longer had no real help so with 10 being the best for accuracy going up to 16 any bigger then 10 will only make it quieter not any more accurate any longer then 16 and the ball will start to slow down in the barrel and drag against it causing it to abnormally spin and be less accurate. about getting a longer barrel to push into bunkers yes that is true if they inflate the bunkers like they should leaving room for the air to expand as the day goes on and the bunkers get hotter you then you should be able to push the bunker and have them move in a few inches what you can then do is play very tight and push the barrel against the bunker just be careful if you have the tip of your barrel pushed in to the bunker then the in front of it will be covered by the bunker and when you shot the ball will hit that spin and go off to the side very wildly you will want to push more with the middle of the barrel back towards the gun. For my recommendation I would say a 10-14 inch for accuracy but you didnít want to know for accuracy you wanted for pushing the bunker so I would go with a 14 this will give you the best of both worlds. I also have to add that the accuracy and how loud it is will also be affected by the type of porting (spiral, straight, lack of, exc.) and where it starts on the barrel.

holy **** thats a long scentence..

14 inch FTMFW!
Buy my 06 empire action pack!!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1635627
my feedback
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post19831317
Old 06-11-2006, 04:19 PM #20
The_King06
22-23

My favorite would have to be 14". However I have also used 12". I would never go to 16" because I feel its to long, and anything 12" I feel is to short. Its all preference.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:09 AM #21
sIckwIthIt... (Banned)
kubZ...

12 inch all the way