I Need ANY TIMMY OWNERS HELP PLEASE! READ this review i need to know if its true - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-18-2001, 05:47 PM #1
SuddenOutburst

has been a member for 10 years
I Need ANY TIMMY OWNERS HELP PLEASE! READ this review i need to know if its true

Sorry for the long subject but i think this is important to me and some future timmy owners... i have reading some good stuff about the gun and i decided to get one in a few weeks... well i came across this review on the intimadator.. tell me if this is anywhere near the truth or if its correct.. i need a good reliable gun and i dont want to mess with it every time i play thanks for taking the time to read this>!

Bad: Do not believe every post you see here, some are just shops that want you to buy this gun.

Erm...how can i say this...DO NOT BUY THIS GUN IF YOUR A NEWBIE.

This gun requires alot of maintenence, a bit more then most other electros because of the way the hammer and bolt work. Delta told me to break it down 2-3 times a month and regrease it if im playing every weekend.

Out of the box, you must make sure to take it apart and clean it thouroghly. Mine had a piece of milling coil in the air line and when it hit the valve behind the regulators it did some damage. Very irritating for the money you shell out for it.
If your a newbie DONT do it yourself, take it to someone who knows Intimidators, otherwise draw yourself a good diagram before you start fiddling with it.

Do not use Oil in your gun at all. Quoting right from Delta " The oil will get in your Solenoid and mess it up royally". Even the guy who set mine up didnt know that, and he was uses one.

Adjusting it correctly REQUIRES gauges. A 0-300 and a 0-150 will do the best for you. Adjusting it without gauges can damage your solenoid...Delta says its rated to 100psi and its easy to turn the pressure up that high.

The Standard Manual that comes with the gun is terrible...Its a piece of s*it Photo Copy! Can ya believe it? Its also hard to read and not very informative. True, they offer an upgraded one, but why not just post it on there website???

Conclusion: I would recommend it to someone thats knowledgeable about O-rings, pressure, etc etc. I personally, would not buy this gun for say my girlfriend. For a easy to work electro, get a rainmaker or EM1. They may not have as many features, but are hella easier to setup and play with.

I got a great deal on mine at $645.00 so its not like im sour, but the gun requires someone in the know to deal with it.

I gave this gun an average rating of 5 because i think mostly newbies read this board looking for what gun to buy. If anything it forced me to learn how guns work very quickly. Sort of a crash course really. I think im going to wind up sending in my gun to Delta and have them set it up
Advertisement
Old 08-18-2001, 07:02 PM #2
IanR
Shoot.Kill.Win.

wrong wrong wrong. the timmy is not harder then any electro. this guy is nuts. yes you do have to regrease it after play but it is only like 3 pieces.then every month or so you have to do the regs. big deal. 5 mins max.yes a LP(1-180psi) is VERY helpful but you don't need the other one. the truth is a timmy is a electro pneumatic spyder. same parts. same idea.for god sakes it uses a spyder body(well millenium) just with electronics.EASY!!!! trust me even a retarded monkey whacked out on XTC can do it. and if you ever have problems morphois and vern1 here on this board can help.

PS delta has the BEST custommer service anywhere. period

later

Slowly getting back into paintball...
Old 08-18-2001, 07:11 PM #3
elTwitcho

You dont need guages. I've never used one in my 7 months of owning my timmy and I can set it up to get +-1 consistency no problem
Old 08-19-2001, 08:15 AM #4
SuddenOutburst

Alright cool, Thank you very much
Old 08-19-2001, 10:51 AM #5
CountyPaintball
Paintball to MMA

CountyPaintball is a Supporting Member
The Intimidator, as with all electros, will take a little more knowledge to maintain than something simple like a Model 98. However, how many newbies buy a $700 gun as their first gun? I would assume that most people looking to buy a high-end gun like the Intimidator will have at least played a bit and have a basic knowledge of paintball gun operation. (Air pressure, o-rings, etc.)

The bolt field strips easier than any other electro gun I've seen. Greasing the o-rings is a piece of cake. It's true, you should use something like Dow 33 Shocker Grease instead of oil. It's easy enough to find and the manual tells you that. Anyone who spends that kind of money on a marker SHOULD read the manual before doing anything to it.

In summary: It's as easy (or easier) to maintain than other electros. The new manual that you can download is VERY good. I highly recommend the Intimidator for a high end gun. It's my choice, regardless of price.

Mike
From paintball to MMA.

Click for awesome MMA gear.
Old 08-19-2001, 10:56 AM #6
SuddenOutburst

Hey thanks Mike. I use a Maxflo so thats not a problem about the dow grease, but when i get it, i should read all the manual, and take it apart and regrease everything before i play ?

PS Could you give me the site, where i can download the manual please.
Old 08-19-2001, 11:00 AM #7
CountyPaintball
Paintball to MMA

CountyPaintball is a Supporting Member
Out of the box, the gun should already be greased up and tested. If you buy it used, then YES, make sure it's clean and greased properly.

I forget the exact site for the manual, but I have it on my server. You can download it from there:
http://www.CountyPaintball.com/IntimidatorManual.pdf

Mike
From paintball to MMA.

Click for awesome MMA gear.
Old 08-19-2001, 11:06 AM #8
SuddenOutburst

Thanks Again Mike
Old 08-21-2001, 11:42 AM #9
sgt_maddog
FREEDOM OR GIVE ME DEATH

sgt_maddog is a founding member
rainmaker or spyder better,and easier to maintain???

hahahhahahhhahahhaha,
omg thats the best laugh i've ever had,
i have never in my life seen a rainmaker that worked when brought out to play, this says to me you have to be very knowledgeable about it to get it working correctly,

em1's might be better, but i've seen a few out to play and they dont impress me, and the materials used look pretty iffy,

lol hillarious
Old 08-21-2001, 11:46 AM #10
SuddenOutburst

Blah ! lol