PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-18-2001, 10:23 AM #1
shift

has been a member for 10 years
parts for homemade electro

I am wondering where i can get stuff like dwell timers and solenoids to make my open bolt electro cocker. I need a solenoid to replace the 3-way and a dwell timer to only keep it open for a set amount of time. What kind of stuff do they use in factory built electros and what is most commonly used in more rare stuff like sandridges and that stuff they make over at the tinker's guild. The solenoid needs to be able to handle Co2 as well...
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-18-2001, 11:21 AM #2
Volcov

You can get solenoids from www.clippard.com. I am not sure if you can get one that'll handle CO2 unless you regulate it. I have a clippard solenoid and the model I have can't handle anything over around 200 PSI.

Good luck with the project, sounds cool
Old 08-18-2001, 01:46 PM #3
shift

Yeah that'll be good. The co2 is triple regged by the time it gets to the valve and its only about 30-40 or so psi. It goes into a female stabilizer then a male stabilizer then into the gun then into a shocktech fgp pneumatics reg then into the valve.
Old 08-18-2001, 03:22 PM #4
Volcov

What body are you building the gun on?
Old 08-18-2001, 03:37 PM #5
shift

a rf cocker body
Old 08-19-2001, 04:24 AM #6
me262
corporate slave

ive done somthing like that but its full electro, not like an f5, no more sear to trip, just a little microswitch, i made the board, and get valves from humphrys, dont know site, but have a friend who gets em for me

also made one like a matrix using an air piloted valve from clippard, clippard will also custom make stuff for you if the price is right.
LONG LIVE THE SERVOS!!........
Old 08-22-2001, 12:39 AM #7
SenorFartman

If you're going to make it open bolt, I suggest you mount the ram behind the bolt cause leaving the ram 'open' for long periods of time tisn't to good for it. Sounds like a fun project. I was going to do something similar a little while back but didn't finish. The end result was going to be the Cocker LCD.
Old 09-16-2001, 06:23 PM #8
Radioactive Bear

Hey me262,
what solenoid did you use form humphrys?
Old 10-12-2001, 11:59 PM #9
Zuofu

Actually if you know some programming using a PIC Microcontroller (16C84 is what I know) will simplify lots of electronics and also allow you to do programmable burst modes like then Angel. I know for a fact that the Bob Long Intimidator uses such a chip...I'm sure many others do too. I would try to get ahold of a timmy chip and read the program off of it but I'm sure they set the copy protection bit on when they "burned" it.

Try Jameco for electronic components (www.jameco.com) They have solenoids and pic microcontrollers..as well as the timers and digital logic chips you will need if you were to do it w/o the microcontroller.

Last edited by Zuofu : 10-13-2001 at 02:12 AM.
Old 10-15-2001, 03:58 PM #10
Volcov

You know what would be really cool? An electro pump

It would have an adjustable trigger activated by a microswitch, but the coolest part would be an adjustable pump that instead of pulling the bolt back, hits a microswitch. Not sure how the switch would pull the bolt back, probably would involve a spool valve or something...

!LONG LIVE AIRSTAR!