PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-03-2003, 01:43 PM #22
PaintballPunk132

has been a member for 10 years
all right dude, chill out!!! half the stuff i said was just to be funny or to piss people off. next, i have seen one in action! a dude at my field bought one. he got the one that looks like an M16. that one IS too long, and it does suck, especially when you can just spend $50 dollars more and get a trix, or go $100 cheaper and get an impy. now when i said gay, sorry if that offended you and your kind. next time i will say dumb instead. another thing, my opinions may be biased, but they are definetly not corrupt. when people first see or hear about paintball, they automatically think army dudes. if they see one of these armotechs, they will have even more evidence of their first observation. all i really wanna say is that i dislike armotech and what it stands for. and when i said that i play naked army men in the shower, well i would think that you would be ok with me saying this on account of you were offended or whatever when i said gay to describe the gun. so just chill dude!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-03-2003, 02:20 PM #23
insanchef

i usaed to run a paintball store in Ny and we had Armotech come in a give us a demo with these markers. i have fired most of them. if you have ever seen the M-4 , they are the same company. the markers look great but are mostly plastic and are heavy, that is with no tank or hopper. they are mainly used for looks . they shoot ok but are hard to adjust the velocity. the grips on the subgun replicas and rifles replicas are cheap plastic with a "safety" that doestn work . in general for the price of them i would rather take a handful of paint and throw it you instead. their accuracy is only good on a sunny day about 75 degrees and no humitity, anything anything other than that it shoot like crap.
Old 08-04-2003, 12:39 PM #24
Masterjts

paintballpunk, nothing you have said has offended me. although, i do feel that i have lost the 5 min of my life it took to read your response.

insanchef, the wg75 seriese of gun was pulled from the market b/c of defects (some of which you listed) the wg65 (m4 m16) are a standard open bolt system with a microhoned smooth bore barrel that is on par with the custom barrels of high end markers. that barrel comes stock with all wg65 models so there is no need to ever change your barrel.

i own a wg65a2 with a 20 inch barrel, that is 8 extra inches of drag on the gun and it can still group a 6in circle at 100ft with the velocity at 290 useing big ball paint. i do not believe i have ever taken it out on a sunny 75 degree day with no hunitity.

it is not a perfect gun, it is not a high end marker, but it is a great gun that shoots hard and accurate.
Old 08-05-2003, 04:39 AM #25
pbfreak010
Banned

The question i have is what is so cool about having a paintball gun that looks real? Let me guess you "SNIPE" right? Im sure those guns r great for sniping!!! I think that sniping is the best excuse to use when you want to hide from all the action because your ***** hurts to bad to play for real!!!!
Old 08-06-2003, 04:18 AM #26
SynTek
Big Brother With a Smile

SynTek is a Supporting Member
Regardless of what any of the anti-scenario gun people think, the people who look at paintball and think war will think that no matter how shiney and candy like your marker is. This lies in the fact that no matter how you try to gloss it over by saying things like "it's a form of tag" or whatever, you are still shooting projectiles at other people in an attempt to eleminate them from the game. Other sports definitly have their war metaphors, such as football where it can be compared to opposing armies clashing for control of a piece of land, but none so directly as paintball.

That aside, the Armotech guns fill a niche the same way the Intimidator or Angel fill one. On one end you have people who want to go to a scenario game and not have a candy coated electronic masterpiece, but rather a reliable if antiquated mechanical marker that closely resembles a real life gun. On the other you have guns that fill the orders from people who want a gun that shoots as fast as they can possibly pull the trigger and be terribly accurate while doing it. While there may be performance advantages in some cases for each, it boils down to a matter of personal preference.
Old 08-07-2003, 12:50 AM #27
pbfreak010
Banned

Red face

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz................Sor ry what was that i just fell asleep!!
Old 08-07-2003, 03:38 AM #28
SynTek
Big Brother With a Smile

SynTek is a Supporting Member
Pbfreak, I think you need to come to terms with a fact about paintball that you obviously don't like. People don't play it the same way. In any situation there may be a dozen ways to go about winning the game. This may invovle tearing up the tapeline and blowing open the game with a well executed bunker or crossfield shot. It may just as well involve low crawling through thick brush for 50 yards. Now it just so happens that I am not the kind of person to sit around at the back and wait for an oportunity to pick off some hapless opponent. I'd rather take the game to their doorstep, and thus I use a mag because of its very compact size. But does that make my approach any less valid than the next guys? Just because it seems lame and boring to us doesn't mean it isn't the peak of excitement for the year for the next guy. If you don't like a person for the way he plays, then don't play with him, or better yet, beat the stuffing out of him for a few games until he sees the error of his ways. But hating someone because their gun has a few consmetic plastic pieces added is shallow and lame.
Old 08-07-2003, 06:53 AM #29
pbfreak010
Banned

Ok shooting a mag is cool I Shoot one too, and your style of play is cool too. Sooo then you of all people should realize that armotechs and sniping is considered real paintball its for scenario play and woods ball? Y do u agree with these people then?
Old 08-07-2003, 05:25 PM #30
Firedude

Who cares what a person uses?!? As long as there out there playing...We've all seen guys with the latest, best, fastest marker, taken out with a guy with a cheap gun. Its the player (though a great gun helps).

I've seen and shot Armotechs at www.opsgear.com, and they shot great.....its all in what your into.

Play....thats what matters.
Old 08-07-2003, 11:57 PM #31
[DeCaY]_Spy-_

Thank you Theres quote i like 2 use ( Its the person who makes the marker, not the marker who makes the person)

Krossfire Paintball
Animal Paintball
TC Paintballs
Lethal Advertising
Old 08-08-2003, 11:06 AM #32
pbfreak010
Banned

I never said that if you dont have a 2000 dollar gun then you suck. Look at me i shoot a mag my whole setup only cost around 600. Im just saying that Armotechs and all these so called "snipers" are stupid!!!
Old 08-08-2003, 12:10 PM #33
Masterjts

Main Entry: 2snipe
Function: intransitive verb
Inflected Form(s): sniped; snip·ing
Date: 1832
1 : to shoot at exposed individuals (as of an enemy's forces) from a usually concealed point of vantage

it is possible to be a sniper in paintball. it may have a bad connotation but everytime you fire your paintball gun (be it an armotech or a automag) from a concealed position (be it a bunker or debris) you are being a sniper.

now if you believe that is, and i quote, "stupid" then maybe you are in the wrong sport. b/c haveing the advantage one the field is EXACTLY what every good paintball team tries to do. what is the definition of being a "stupid" sniper again?

1 : to shoot at exposed individuals (as of an enemy's forces) from a usually concealed point of vantage

by your own definition you are "stupid" as is everyone else to has the mentality to make vague sweaping statements about things they do not understand!
Old 08-08-2003, 03:23 PM #34
tgarza
e-cool

Very well said.
Old 08-13-2003, 12:42 PM #35
PHSBaseball09

personnally my brother likes to go do the sniping thing but im a more of a head on firefight person and i like the wg 65 because i have plans after college to join the marines so a gun that i as realistic to the one i hopefully i will be using one day is just that more training ive had
Old 08-19-2003, 02:33 PM #36
Cenic

wel i know i love my WG-65 and aint had near the problems i have with other major speedball markers.
in fact i have played speedball with it and didn't have a lick of trouble! in fact i took out some long ballers ie Angel, Tippman A-5flatline, cocker users. If you have doubts i will be at Bridge too Far and Battle for Berlin come see a wg-65 in action and decde for yourself. i will even let you fire it yourself. In Fact my sponsor will be taking his trailer to Battle For Berlin and will have some on it. And will gladly answer any questions you have as will any member of TeamTacticalMarkers.com
Staff of TeamTacticalMarkers.com
Authorized Dealer of Worr Paint
and Armotech
Old 09-05-2003, 12:27 PM #37
rfsutcl

Naked army men in the shower? Sounds to me like you are playing "hide the salami" not paintball
Old 09-05-2003, 12:43 PM #38
Cenic

well i do not do alot of sniping but i can. I am ussually the one that is sneaking up on you adn coming in from your blind spot and says "HEY" you want to surrender? or get hit at 10 feet? And in speedball the armotech does compare when it is the hands of someone that is used to having a rifle in their hands in Combat situations.
Staff of TeamTacticalMarkers.com
Authorized Dealer of Worr Paint
and Armotech
Old 09-06-2003, 10:30 AM #39
dracconic

ok let me say this much i am a WG-65 user and my pefered style of play for Rec ball, woodball, scenario, and mil sims is as a sniper. Cenic is a team mate of mine. For the dif types of games i have used it in my WG has worked flawless for me. I started off with a Tippman Custom 98 a few yrs ago using a 14 inch barrell and learned to long ball with it and usually am the backman on speedball with it or the armotech. I really enjoy my WG however we are focusing on Scenario and mil-sim games cuz that is the play style we enjoy. Speedball is fun but you see where your opponent is mostly you can follow their movement adn heck if you watch some teams always make the same moves on speedball so all you have to do is learn that and their is an easy target for you. Scenario and mil-sim games are exactly what they say they give you a situation and you handle it or you are simulating military combat. I get a kick out of sneaking around people and getting set up to where they get marked and all they hear is one maybe 2 paintballs fired and they arent sure where it came from exactly and even if they did you will be gone when they get there. Or to just find an ideal spot to "dig in" and conceal yourself really well and then take out several people that are moving together cuz they cant see you and you just start picking them off, maybe its twisted but it can be fun to watch them get paranoid wondering where they can hid esearching almost frantically to find you only to feel the sting of a paintball breaking on them.
Yeha the glam guns are cool they work really good for speedball aint bad for simes except they stand out really good but like it has been said what you use depends on your playstyle, your preference of game style, and what might work for what you are doing at the time.

Armos are a good gun highly accurate pretty consistent, and sweet lookign for mil sim player. An d as far as the look giving paintball a bad name that is jacked the looks ar part of waht attracts people whether its a glam gun or some thing like an armo. If you are worried about the sport gettign a bad name then focus on the idiots buying the guns at wal mart or soem where similar anbd going out shooting people on the street for ne reason with no warning, they are what will give the spart a bad name.

Last edited by dracconic : 09-06-2003 at 10:32 AM.
Old 09-16-2003, 05:26 AM #40
astainless

Masterjts I just have to say, Thank you.

I haven't been on this forum long but it seems that almost everyone here is a speedball freak that feels the need to lob a case per kill, and alot of them just post either what they hear from other people which is also probably made up, or just make up BS to make themselves seem like they know alot. They also seem to have this obsession with making paintball in there own image and want all PB markers to look like ray guns from Mars (look at a cocker or spyder or angel, and you can't tell me they don't look like something you would expect to see on StarTrek.). As for PaintballPunk132, it's obvious he's probably about all of 12 years old.

As for ArmoTech, They are mostly modified copies of Spyders and Tippmanns. The ZEUS for example is a Stubby spyder with a shortened hammer and custom charging handle. If you have a G2 you can actually put the spyder electronic trigger frame on it if you put a strong trip sear spring in it. I have 2 G2's and I had 2 G1's, so I can tell you they are Spyder Clones with a lot of modifications. The M16 style models are Spyders, and the MP5's are Tippmann 98's. I am not sure about part interchanceability of the larger models, but the select fire versions of the M16 (M4 etc.) models use spyder electronic triggers.

From what I hear they do get in the way a bit on a speedball field until you get use to the extra few inches, but to adapt shouldn't take you any longer then it would to adjust to a new gun anyway.
Old 09-16-2003, 08:11 AM #41
PaintballPunk132

actually astainless, im 16 biach!!! two, there is a reason to shooting lots of paint, its so the paint is grouped tightly so people cant run through a group of paint. it is strategy moron. two, STFU. lol.
Old 09-16-2003, 08:24 AM #42
PaintballPunk132

actually astainless, im 16 biach!!! two, there is a reason to shooting lots of paint, its so the paint is grouped tightly so people cant run through a group of paint. it is strategy moron. two, STFU. lol.