PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-24-2006, 11:13 PM #1
RedRod

RedRod is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
One time I froze paintballs and then.......

Just wanted to vent, mainly this had to due with the lack of common sence and utter stupidity that I constantly see from paintball players. I mean working in paintball you see it every day, I have worked in other jobs dealing with the public and I would have a story about stupid people every other day at best. Working in paintball however is a different story, I could tell you a story about someone stupid I see while working in paintball every day!!!!!!

TONIGHTS STORY IS CALLED

I HATES IT

I REALLY HATES IT

When stupid people come into the store and tell me how their "buddy" froze paintballs one time and_______________________ (fill in blank with option below)

- shot some kids who kept doing burn outs on their street and the frozen paintballs destroyed the cars paint job

- shot a bird and then shot the birds nest and eggs and the paintball torn through both like butter

- shot the frozen paintball at kids on bikes and they fell and had massive welts in the shape of Mother Threasas (sp?) head

- shot frozen paintballs and they were like marbles so hard and they flew like ball bearings so straight and their buddy used a sniper gun and the frozen balls broken through bricks

- shot frozen paintballs at Chuck Norris and Chuck Norris died

well he only died for one minute and then was reborn and he had frozen his own paintballs and shot them back but missed killing both of the kid and his buddy so that the story could live on

This is stupidity, YOU CAN NOT FREEZE PAINTBALLS AND SHOOT THEM. I am sorry it does not work that way. If you freeze paint it doesn't really freeze, it just causes the shell to become so brittle that it breaks with less effort then a non frozen paintball. IT DOES NOT TURN INTO A ROCK SOLID MARBLE

To avoid listening to these stupid stories in their different forms everyday just because a customer wants to tell you a funny little story. I suggest you buy my new product

FROZEN MARBLE BALLS IN A 333 ROUND BAG

Yes for the low price of $5 + 9.99 process fee + 15%freezing tax you will get a bag filled with frozen paintballs from my store

YOu will be instructed how to immediately take them out of the freezer at you shop instantly after hearing " one time my buddy froze paintb......." and then take a frozen marble ball and drop them from you knee height and see them break like eggs and then you will say, "Oh so your buddy froze paintballs ......... oh really" and hopefully that person will leave your shop

Order NOW

Cheers,
Shawn
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-24-2006, 11:22 PM #2
John684500
:tup:

John684500 is a Supporting Member

its good to let your emotions come out. I can tell this particular topic has been bugging you for a while...
Old 05-24-2006, 11:25 PM #3
I OWN ALL
wtf

good buisness idea

edit* ah crap"
Old 05-24-2006, 11:28 PM #4
wantashocker
vast fields/amber waves

u can shoot em but yes they are brittle as hell, the funny thing is that they worked in my little bros blowback spyder

"hey, gimme all your money"
"why? do you have a gun?"
"no, but im a ****ing tree"
"oh, alright then.""
Old 05-25-2006, 12:16 AM #5
Mrspaceman16

Hey a few years back a buddy and bought some really cheap paintballs and they must of had a water fill to them because they did freeze but did not stay frozen for long like 5min or so and sry for the frozen paintball story Just to say this was in 1992 thoght.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:26 AM #6
Tallzxdriver
Puppy Killer

Tallzxdriver is a Supporting Member
Tallzxdriver supports our troops
I had some really cheap paint and dry ice one time... it really froze... I didnt dare shoot it but the ball really froze

not to mention... if you do manage to freeze anything as with all liquid turning into a solid it expands.
Old 05-25-2006, 06:26 AM #7
duaumun

not true at all^^^^
One of the only liquids that expands as it solidifies is water (to ice). Most other substances will not. Thank you Chemistry class.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:27 AM #8
Deranged7891

uum this is really random but i have tried lots of ways to freeze paintballs and the only 1 i have got 2 works was i used some liquid nitrogen from the school science labs....they were solid inside but the shell still was like an egg.....and they dont stay frozen long...i guess the high viscocity makes em harder 2 freeze

"Originally posted by Sidney: Right after I opened my box I had sex with my Nerve.

It was great."

"If you don't live for something, you will die for nothing."feedback
Old 05-25-2006, 07:36 AM #9
ItalianKid5791 (Banned)

No, he was right, haven't you ever gone to a paintball field after it rains, the paintballs swell up. They absorb more water and swell. Paint in a paintball has water in it. So if you stick it in the freezer, it swells, I've tried it, grab a micrometer, mesure a paintball to the 1000th (in case people aren't all that smart, ex. .692, the 2 is the 1000th decimal place,) then stick it in the freezer for a few hours (4 or more) and then take it out and remesure it, someone with a micrometer do this and post results...
Old 05-25-2006, 08:14 AM #10
Deranged7891

i didnt say they dont swell...thats just the only way i have ever gotten em 2 truly freeze

"Originally posted by Sidney: Right after I opened my box I had sex with my Nerve.

It was great."

"If you don't live for something, you will die for nothing."feedback
Old 05-25-2006, 08:47 AM #11
Ryan12354

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRod
Just wanted to vent, mainly this had to due with the lack of common sence and utter stupidity that I constantly see from paintball players. I mean working in paintball you see it every day, I have worked in other jobs dealing with the public and I would have a story about stupid people every other day at best. Working in paintball however is a different story, I could tell you a story about someone stupid I see while working in paintball every day!!!!!!

TONIGHTS STORY IS CALLED

I HATES IT

I REALLY HATES IT

When stupid people come into the store and tell me how their "buddy" froze paintballs one time and_______________________ (fill in blank with option below)

- shot some kids who kept doing burn outs on their street and the frozen paintballs destroyed the cars paint job

- shot a bird and then shot the birds nest and eggs and the paintball torn through both like butter

- shot the frozen paintball at kids on bikes and they fell and had massive welts in the shape of Mother Threasas (sp?) head

- shot frozen paintballs and they were like marbles so hard and they flew like ball bearings so straight and their buddy used a sniper gun and the frozen balls broken through bricks

- shot frozen paintballs at Chuck Norris and Chuck Norris died

well he only died for one minute and then was reborn and he had frozen his own paintballs and shot them back but missed killing both of the kid and his buddy so that the story could live on

This is stupidity, YOU CAN NOT FREEZE PAINTBALLS AND SHOOT THEM. I am sorry it does not work that way. If you freeze paint it doesn't really freeze, it just causes the shell to become so brittle that it breaks with less effort then a non frozen paintball. IT DOES NOT TURN INTO A ROCK SOLID MARBLE

To avoid listening to these stupid stories in their different forms everyday just because a customer wants to tell you a funny little story. I suggest you buy my new product

FROZEN MARBLE BALLS IN A 333 ROUND BAG

Yes for the low price of $5 + 9.99 process fee + 15%freezing tax you will get a bag filled with frozen paintballs from my store

YOu will be instructed how to immediately take them out of the freezer at you shop instantly after hearing " one time my buddy froze paintb......." and then take a frozen marble ball and drop them from you knee height and see them break like eggs and then you will say, "Oh so your buddy froze paintballs ......... oh really" and hopefully that person will leave your shop

Order NOW

Cheers,
Shawn
I wouldn't be suprised is some kid buys a case or two.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:38 PM #12
trenches
KING KONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by John684500

its good to let your emotions come out. I can tell this particular topic has been bugging you for a while...
yea

DAHKNESS!!
Old 05-25-2006, 02:48 PM #13
hp_lovecraft
Resident old timer

Now to correct the errors:

First, you CAN freeze paintballs.

Second, almost ALL fields will ban anyone who brings frozen paintballs.

Third, as a 15-year ref, I've had to ban MANY kids for doing something stupid.

So, you ask "I tried to freeze them, and they didn't freeze"?

THAT IS BECAUSE DIFFERENT BRANDS HAVE DIFFERENT FORMULAS.
Every brand is giving a "freeze rating" Most paintballs will freeze around 10-15 degrees. Some can go as low as -10 degrees. Your typical freezer goes down to 0-5 degrees, so thats why you can freeze most brands.

ALL paintballs contain a small amount of propelyne glycol as an anti-freezing agent. Some contain more then others.
Most people won't play in temps colder then 20-30 degrees, so most companies, to save money, only add enough antifreeze to keep it from freezing above that temp range.

So please- If you DON'T KNOW, DON'T POST. All it will do is hurt people. Ignorance is bliss, at least for PBN.

nick
Old 05-25-2006, 03:09 PM #14
pballmakesmehorny

Id buy em....

Old 05-25-2006, 11:10 PM #15
Black_Acid
King, No Pants

shawn.....you know i'm going to have to buy a case now, and tell a few storys j.k. ....cookie?
Old 05-25-2006, 11:26 PM #16
paintballer045
Noob forum OT OG

paintballer045 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballer045 supports Team VICIOUS
paintballer045 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
paintballer045 is Legendary
where can i get these so called frozen ball?

Philippians 4:13

My posts are a direct reflection of my opinion; however, they are typically joking in nature. My posts do not, literally or through implication, reflect any views or opinions of my department.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:54 PM #17
Lososaurus
All hail the hypno toad!

It's fine to use frozen paint on wipers --only exception.
Old 05-26-2006, 08:44 AM #18
urbsnspices

See I took this a step further and froze my whole marker. Just to test it out I threw my frozen marker at my friend. He was all pissed off, but when I explained to him that I was just testing a theory out he though it was pretty cool. He said that it definitly hurt more getting hit with the frozen marker.

I am going to refreeze my marker, and wait for that kid to do a burn out on my street, and chuck it at him. I think it should mess up the paint on his car. I havent tested this because my friend wasnt covered in paint when I hit him with it. duh.
Old 05-26-2006, 09:22 AM #19
travis2k2rf

travis2k2rf is a Supporting Member
Thank God, another person who actually knows that paintballs are MORE BRITTLE when they are frozen. Ya, I am pretty sick of hearing how all these kids freeze paintballs and they are so hard and hurt so bad. Sounds like you were freaking out about it though, so, calm down a little, yes its annoying as ****, but not that big a deal, just tell them off.

Old 05-26-2006, 02:12 PM #20
wantashocker
vast fields/amber waves

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbsnspices
See I took this a step further and froze my whole marker. Just to test it out I threw my frozen marker at my friend. He was all pissed off, but when I explained to him that I was just testing a theory out he though it was pretty cool. He said that it definitly hurt more getting hit with the frozen marker.

I am going to refreeze my marker, and wait for that kid to do a burn out on my street, and chuck it at him. I think it should mess up the paint on his car. I havent tested this because my friend wasnt covered in paint when I hit him with it. duh.
i lol'd

"hey, gimme all your money"
"why? do you have a gun?"
"no, but im a ****ing tree"
"oh, alright then.""
Old 05-26-2006, 03:00 PM #21
chikin pickle
Dynasty got owned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianKid5791
No, he was right, haven't you ever gone to a paintball field after it rains, the paintballs swell up. They absorb more water and swell. Paint in a paintball has water in it. So if you stick it in the freezer, it swells, I've tried it, grab a micrometer, mesure a paintball to the 1000th (in case people aren't all that smart, ex. .692, the 2 is the 1000th decimal place,) then stick it in the freezer for a few hours (4 or more) and then take it out and remesure it, someone with a micrometer do this and post results...
See, the only problem is that the paint isn't water based. If it was wipers would have a field day. It's food dye and polyethylene glycol, that's why it's so thick. If it was water based (I think some brass eagle paint might be, that fill is ungodly thin) it would ruin the gelatin shell (Which might explain why brass eagle paint sucks so bad) as gelatin is water-soluable. It dissolves in water.

I tried freezing paintballs in my freezer at home to see if it worked. They because viscous, (think soft-serve ice cream) and I tried blowing them out of my barrel and into a wall. The frozen one cracked and fell to the tile floor getting no paint on anything. the one at room temp bounced off the wall to the other side of the room. Then I took one out and tried to see how fast it thawed. At room temp 10 minutes had it very soft and mushy. The fill was still viscous but the shell was horrible. No way I would even think about shooting that out of a tippmann let alone my autococker.
Intimidator Mafia #8
Legionaire #3
05'd GZ intimidator