PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-27-2001, 09:01 PM #1
poops66
FDA Approved

has been a member for 10 years
can someone please explain to me how a remote can act like an expansion chamber, or something? i heard in another thread that remotes can do something like an expansion chamber, to increase co2 efficiency???? HELP!!!!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-27-2001, 10:51 PM #2
Privateer
moi > toi

Privateer is a Supporting Member
basically, the theory is that with an ex chamber, you're giving the co2 more room to expand/evaporate and reach ambient temperature. with a remote, you're doing the same thing. instead of just the tank valve to the asa, to the gun, you've got tank valve, 3 feet of hose, then the gun.

someone please correct me if I'm wrong. The tubing just gives you more room to expand the gas. It's also a hell of a good way to keep liquid out of your gun.

Don't listen to people who say the remote will get caught on things. I used one for 3 years and never once had it catch on anything. The only hassle is shooting with your off hand.

All this being said, a good reg is better for stabilizing co2 flow.

later
andy

September 11, 2001. Never forget. Never forgive.
Old 04-28-2001, 07:10 AM #3
dager
Mega Moderator

dager is a founding member
dager supports Sherwood Forest
Priv, you got it dead right. however it can work both ways. ive seen a few players who got both an anti-siphon tank and a remote thinking it will reduce the amount of liquid co2. but the remote just turns into an extension of the anti-siphon tube (now a siphon tube because the bottle is vertical rather than horizontal) and thus they are running straight liquid into the gun.

ive gotten my remote caught on a few twigs and branches but for the most part it really dosnt get in the way.

Team ESP
Old 04-28-2001, 10:50 AM #4
poops66
FDA Approved

alright guys, thanks alot
Old 05-02-2001, 06:18 PM #5
Halliday

Well, the big thing is to use a normal co2 tank NOT an anti-syphon tank.

Last edited by Halliday : 05-05-2001 at 10:40 AM.
Old 05-04-2001, 11:14 AM #6
Yochinaman
Gun Gigolo

Yochinaman is a founding member
I find that a remote will actually work better than an expansion chamber. There is more surface area to heat up the CO2 in the line. With coil remotes you have closer to 6 - 10 feet of hose. Anyways, running a gun on liquid will get less shots because the liquid is denser, and it's the stuff that's actually filled in your tank. Converting the liquid to gas will yield more usuable shots. When I was using my VM68 I ran siphon tank and got about 700 good shots (20 oz). When I changed to remote I got well over 1000 good shots. More like 1200. After getting tired of the remote, I slapped the tank on-gun and got about 900-1000 shots.

Yochi.