PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-24-2006, 02:07 PM #64
69lobo69 (Banned)

has been a member for 10 years
if u dont get caught cheatin then its not cheatin, plain and simple....
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-24-2006, 02:14 PM #65
P0GU3
Feast on The Beat

because they can...because the can

"Originally posted by Ripped2Shreds:<3 P0GU3's peepee."
Craft Beer Enthusiast

Old 05-24-2006, 02:15 PM #66
alivAmadA
SIX SIX S1CK

alivAmadA is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bzump
Alivamada is from So-Cal not Miami and he looks like a Rage suporter
Rage has come along way, PIMPS for sure. My favorite team by far.

FREE SPHERE
Old 05-24-2006, 02:15 PM #67
CraigAL32

Annual Supporting Member
CraigAL32 plays in the APPA beginner division
Yea, the best way this can all be cleared up is if all those that are passionate about 'blown calls" actually take the time to write the NPPL and any other tourney that has issues. Keep to the facts and be clear and concise. Do not fill it with oppinions or it will be thrown in the trash.

Make them hear you , I don't care who the call goes against. If there is a problem then they can address it.

Now if after much concern they still choose to not fix it then you know that is something you do not want to be a part.

Owner of the Annihilators and one of the original founding players.
One of the founding players for Miami Rage 1994-1997
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Florid...s/377685150910
http://www.floridapaintballing.com
Boogie Fan #1
Old 05-24-2006, 02:17 PM #68
Bzump

Bzump is a Supporting Member
Bzump is a Professional paintball player
Bzump donated to help Peyton Trent
thanks Alva means alot coming from So-Cal
STR8KILLAS
Old 05-24-2006, 02:21 PM #69
DYEBiatch! (Banned)

I hate XSV.
Old 05-24-2006, 02:26 PM #70
Shad3 (Banned)

Shad3 is a Supporting Member
art, my argument is not based around just people from flordia/miami supporting rage...im just saying everyone from flodia thinks they got cheated, i myself, did not see this game so i dont know, maybe they did get cheated
Old 05-24-2006, 02:28 PM #71
peltco123 (Banned)

peltco123 is a Professional paintball player
peltco123 plays in the PSP
peltco123 plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoubleop
lies lol, did anyone notice that when Ironmen played, that Oliver got shot 3 times one game and the refs came in every time and Wiped him clean?
Refs will do that if they decide the guy that shot him was shot before he did wasn't there but thats the call...also for every bad call a team gets they get a good one...
Old 05-24-2006, 07:09 PM #72
splat62
one shot one kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikeepitreal
paintball players dont have to act like saints in order to grow the sport, seriously. yes, alot of what we do is questionable, but if people are going to be sissies about it, I personally don't want them playing paintball. this is a fast- paced, intense game and tempers flare because theyre so involved. i mean if you have watched any kind of pro sports for any amount of time, you will realize that they are cussing and fighting a whole lot more than paintball players.

you dont like it, get over it, its not changing.

later,
jake
you are wrong, the sport will grow if we clean it up,and it's possible to clean it up,

1. give the refs the power to suspend for bad behavior like language or provoking fights or arguing with refs,

2. when they started enforcing ramping and bouncing markers it got everyones attention,

3, the same will happen if a player knows he could be suspended from the rest of the tournament for any of the above reasons,

4. maybe game suspentions or tournament suspentions or for the rest of the season suspensions,

5. until we police our own sport we will never be taken serious,

6. why would a major sponsor want his name on a jersey of a player that will cause fights argue with refs or even cheating and cussing,

7. we need t.v. contracts well if we are acting like that,that will limit the exsposure we get and the growth of the sport.

when these sponsors can't show up to a tournament with their kids because they don't want their kids subjected to that behavior,

time for the nppl to police their league get ridd of the hotheads and trouble makers,

remember don't be too hard on the refs they are human and can make mistakes, i've seen refs tackle players when they have been shotout to prevent them from playing on, and as a player i've been their when i've been shot and not know it that adrenaline does strange things sometimes,

sonny

Last edited by splat62 : 05-25-2006 at 01:01 AM.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:05 AM #73
pbmenace
Kill for DVS

pbmenace owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
pbmenace supports Pev's Paintball
pbmenace plays in the APPA beginner division
pbmenace has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Yo devito.....Its the Miami baller haterz club rofl....Well, you can say rage gets use to this **** after like 5 years...
Old 05-25-2006, 02:54 PM #74
shocktoyoursystem12
-- EgoŽ --

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoubleop
The moral of the story is that XSV sucks and that Rage is awesome lol

xsv>rage

"Originally posted by xball16: So this kid actualy drank bleach once? Wouldnt that kill u?"

------------>1/1 JT Team PAnts & MUCH MORE! <------------
DM6-500$!!
Old 05-25-2006, 04:02 PM #75
PlayersuckRefsRule

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by splat62
you are wrong, the sport will grow if we clean it up,and it's possible to clean it up,

1. give the refs the power to suspend for bad behavior like language or provoking fights or arguing with refs,

2. when they started enforcing ramping and bouncing markers it got everyones attention,

3, the same will happen if a player knows he could be suspended from the rest of the tournament for any of the above reasons,

4. maybe game suspentions or tournament suspentions or for the rest of the season suspensions,

6. why would a major sponsor want his name on a jersey of a player that will cause fights argue with refs or even cheating and cussing,

7. we need t.v. contracts well if we are acting like that,that will limit the exsposure we get and the growth of the sport.

when these sponsors can't show up to a tournament with their kids because they don't want their kids subjected to that behavior,

time for the nppl to police their league get ridd of the hotheads and trouble makers,

remember don't be too hard on the refs they are human and can make mistakes, i've seen refs tackle players when they have been shotout to prevent them from playing on, and as a player i've been their when i've been shot and not know it that adrenaline does strange things sometimes,

sonny
MY HERO !!!!
Old 05-26-2006, 07:02 AM #76
brianthehulk
AKA The Thing

But all that bad acting is so agg or egg or whatever the wanna be cool guys say.

Your right, i am in meetings every so often and when I try to bring up filming a PB show it always gets shot down, as in the past when producers see the footage I try to leave out, their feeling is that its too unruly, poor sportsmanship, and carries a negative image, hard to argue too, with shots of a 13 yr old kid flipping off the camera and wearing a contract killer t shirt.

Team Illuminati Paintball PSP/NPPL
Old 05-26-2006, 07:03 AM #77
brianthehulk
AKA The Thing

But all that bad acting is so agg or egg or whatever the wanna be cool guys say.

Your right, i am in meetings every so often and when I try to bring up filming a PB show it always gets shot down, as in the past when producers see the footage I try to leave out, their feeling is that its too unruly, poor sportsmanship, and carries a negative image, hard to argue too, with shots of a 13 yr old kid flipping off the camera and wearing a contract killer t shirt.

Team Illuminati Paintball PSP/NPPL
Old 05-26-2006, 12:36 PM #78
XXXIMAGEXXX
Get Inspired......

XXXIMAGEXXX is a Supporting Member
XXXIMAGEXXX is a founding member
if you have not noticed rage gets F'd by every big name team.
Scott "Sloppy" Kressin #499
HKARMY.COM
Feedback
Old 05-26-2006, 12:37 PM #79
Eclifton (Banned)

cheaters suck....your respecting these "pro cheaters?"
Old 05-27-2006, 11:42 AM #80
BIG tom (Banned)

dude get over it thats a part of paintball, it happens all the time.
Old 05-27-2006, 11:46 AM #81
moosecakes
GWC #33

moosecakes is a Supporting Member
Sweet! XSV is awesome!

GWC
Old 05-27-2006, 11:49 AM #82
splat62
one shot one kill

something is wrong with the heading of this thread,like xsv didn't make the calls, and **** happens, but i love the fact that XSV!!! is 2-0
Old 05-27-2006, 12:15 PM #83
designatedjake

yeah all the nppl wants to do is screw over the miami players because he hates miami so bad. and really rage is so good with all their finals wins,the whole nppl seriies they took last year, how they won the world cup. theyre amazing.

ohhh wait. RAGE HASNT WON ANYTHIN IN A LONG TIME SO WHY ARE YOU SAYING THEYRE BETTER THAN THE TEAM WHO TOOK DYNASTY OFF THEIR THRONE?!?!?!?!?!?!?! good question? yeah. think about it.
Old 05-27-2006, 01:03 PM #84
Ca$$Money
YEAH MONEY!

My response is in bold within the quotes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by splat62

You kidding? To suspend for just language is crazy. Watch the mouths of NBA and NFL superstars, they talk sh!t all day long! You just can't hear it. Not like that wouldn't be hard to do for filming paintball, plus, paintball is not put on TV in live formats so it doesn't matter anyway. Now provoking fights is another thing, that, should be reprimanded.
Yes, it did. But it will not stop some players, sooo......
Maybe, but people will still curse. It's ingrained in today's youth. The fighting should be put to a halt and it usually is.
Ok, I am assuming you mean for the above infractions....umm, they already do this to most extent. For physical contact, there are rules and penalties. For an illegal gun, there are suspensions/penalties and for cursing there are penalties while playing (such as a 1 for 1).
Have you seen the refs on every field? The NPPL does police it to some extent. The only thing that has to become different is the crew and thier ability to ref. Some are rather inconsistent and don't adhere to the same rules. Each field is somehow reffed differently than the next, this isn't good. There needs to be in fact a TRUE PRO reffereeing staff. This isn't the reason why major corporations aren't getting into the sport though. They aren't getting into the sport because it does not have the major appeal as some other extreme sports. It is, for the most part, a wealthy man's sport. It costs a lot to play, and even more to play every weekend or at the competitve level. You don't see that kind of expense when you surf or skate. Also, paintball is really hard to follow while watching. I think ESPN has done the best job in capturing the game and making it "easier" to watch. But sometimes watching paintball on TV is liking watching grass grow. It too can be slow and un-eventful.
Apparently you haven't seen Dynasty's new sponsor (INTEL). Not saying that Dynasty gets in fights, because they don't. But saying that there is some interest, maybe not by HUGE sporting corporations like NIKE or REEBOK, but it's a start. Paintball is not GOLF here. We are the "X" generation; we like things that go fast, we curse, we are extreme, and we are intense. This is the image of paintball right now, take it or leave it. There are rivalries and argueing, but there is in every sport. To some extent, that is what gives life to a sport. Just like this post. This is what is keeping it alive; RAGE fans and XSV fans. Companies who sponsor teams within paintball already have an idea of what kind of image this sport gives and it's players.
No one is just handing out TV contracts like they're pieces of candy. They are paid for (just like the WPL, NPPL, and the new SP XBall league). The only thing the public has to do now is watch! Paintball is still in the growing stages to becoming a major sport in society today. All they really count on now is word of mouth with little to no advertising to get non-paintballers to watch. The sport doesn't "need" contracts to survive, but they will need it to become televised for years to come. Some guys/teams acting a fool is not going to potentially hold up someone's investment in the sport. If anything, it gives it a bit of character.

sonny

Last edited by Ca$$Money : 05-27-2006 at 01:07 PM.