PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-21-2006, 08:01 PM #1
smartparts#3
smartpart#3

Exclamation Field HELP!!!!

ok, i just ordered 4, 500 rounds boxs of re-balls today, and i have a good idea, im going to make a reball field in my back yard, its not that big but good enoght to have fun in. Is there any thing i should do to have a safe course, and how to save MONEY on stuff!, i have no bunkers, and i want this to be a 3 man field . I have atlest 300 dollars left from the re-ball money i spent.
Give HELP TO ME!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-22-2006, 05:24 AM #2
duaumun

buy the 6 bunker pack from er as a start ($289) and then you could set up wooden pallets, spools, and even tires. The hyperball tubes are also good.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:37 AM #3
smartparts#3
smartpart#3

ok, coool, my one friend gave me a good idea, get some 10 foot pvc piping, put it into the ground. make sure they dont wolbe ans stuff, then put a clip in the pvc piping , and put tarps going around all the way. Then i will just buy bunkers from somewhere but i have wooden ones, but i can just use them for now., also what is an er bunker?
Old 05-22-2006, 07:14 AM #4
volcomstone2262
Get it HONEY

volcomstone2262 is a Supporting Member
volcomstone2262 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
extreme rage
Old 05-22-2006, 03:17 PM #5
smrtprts1
Not Eurotrash

put something over the top or be really carefull so that u dont shoot over ur backyard
Old 05-22-2006, 03:24 PM #6
crapppyballer
I GLUE ANIMALS TO ROCKS

crapppyballer is a Supporting Member
reball and outside do not mix. if the reballs get any dirt on them it will ruin them, also how do you plan on picking them up after they are shot?
Old 05-22-2006, 03:50 PM #7
smartparts#3
smartpart#3

well my friend has this grass thing, and he has a re-ball course, but he lives a while away from me, and i will just barrow it, or just buy one, it picks them up well. And they wont get ruin when they get dirt and stuff on them, ive barrowed a couple from him to try them out i loved them, and i used them all, and lost all of them, and i had like 10 left, so i put them in stuff, froze them, and everything, and they still shot very well, as when they come out of the box new. I starten to think is is going to be a long prodject, but i my first thing is to be safe, cuz i have house evrywhere near me so its going to be hard! oyeah about the bunkers, anyone use the extrem rage bunker kit?, i might save up for it, but i wanna here some good stuff about the kit,and some bad stuff about it.

Last edited by smartparts#3 : 05-22-2006 at 03:52 PM.
Old 05-22-2006, 03:56 PM #8
dyepb90
Colizoli :)

You would have to take the tarp down when your not playing because if the wind gets it it will go by by.
Old 05-22-2006, 03:58 PM #9
cancer

humans have this brilliant gift that seperates us from any other animal called the oposable thumb

cant you just wash the reballs off after each use?
Old 05-22-2006, 04:23 PM #10
crapppyballer
I GLUE ANIMALS TO ROCKS

so you are telling me every time you shoot 2000 reballs you are going to get on your hands and knees and pick up each reball. that will take you a half hour. also the more dirt the reballs are exposed to the worse it is for the ball. true, you can wash most of the dirt off of the reball but you will not get the claimed 600+ shots if you are using them outdoors. just trying to help, I just don't want you spending all this money just to lose all your reballs in a month. i will post some pics of what happens to reballs when they are exposed to a lot of dirt.
Old 05-22-2006, 05:22 PM #11
smartparts#3
smartpart#3

ok i know wat u mean, but im not picking them up, i going to get this thing, wear it picks up dirt, and grass,to pick up the re-balls and it works on re-balls, cuz my friend has one, and im going to barrow it from hi when i need it.
And your right about the dirty ness on the re-balls, so shoul di maybe put a big tarp under everything to keep everything clean and stuff, how should i set it up?
Old 05-23-2006, 09:15 AM #12
crapppyballer
I GLUE ANIMALS TO ROCKS

if you could play on the tarp than yes that would extend the life of your reballs. also the device you are talking about is called a lawn sweeper we use one on my field. it does work but it is going to kick up to much dirt and it will ruin your reballs. also have you tried using the sweepers on reballs outside?
Old 05-23-2006, 02:49 PM #13
smartparts#3
smartpart#3

yeah i have tried them, it picks up some grass, and thats it, cuz we have this really exspensive grass, the kind u get put down buy lowes, and its deonst pick up any dirt, maybe some grass , but thats it.,
Old 05-23-2006, 07:52 PM #14
duaumun

^^^^I'm guessing you mean "sod"? It comes in squares (pregrown) about 2 ft by 2 ft and is pretty expensive because it means you have a perfect lawn when you move in. It requires a lot of water for the first couple of weeks. What you could do is lay a tarp down under the bunkers and make a "gutter" around the course. It would take about 10 minutes longer to set up and another 10 to take down, put you could make it so that all reballs would go into the gutters, making it easy to pick up and reuse quickly. I don't think it would be too expensive either, maybe $100 to set it all up (isn't tarp relatively cheap?) I think this would be the best. It protects reballs, and if it rains, you would be able to slike the full 100 yds.
Old 05-23-2006, 07:53 PM #15
duaumun

oh, but make sure to take it up after every time you play or you could kill your grass from lack of sun. No matter what type you have.
Old 05-24-2006, 07:50 PM #16
smartparts#3
smartpart#3

yeah cool!, the gutter thing is cool, but i dont got the money and crap to add it, when i can just use a graber thingy to pick them up, but thanks 4 da info. But i dont know what to do, two things that are going to happen, are, im putting a huge tarp for the bottom of the field so i dont kill the grass. and im going to get these bunkers from walmart, there cheap, and not that bad looking. oyeah crappyballer, i wanna see da pics of the crappy looking re-balls , u said u were going to put some up.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:08 PM #17
tbird921..
Bunker Ratz

Wow Grammar much?? No offense but it seems like you have put very little thought into this. You will be able to play a 5 min games. Then spend 15 mins picking them up. Reball are meant for two things. One have LOTS of reballs and playing indoor and have a gutter for them to go into. Two having a few for target pratice. There not really good for playing games in your backyard. Just buying 30 dollars cases of paint would be cheaper. You will end up runing/losing all your reballs listen to the me and spend your money on something better. Such as english lessons
My misc thread tons of stuff
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1544721

Want 06 blue grind gear
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?p=22154299#post22154299- My EGO blue and sliver