PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-21-2006, 03:52 PM #1
DVI

cascading scubas?

is it possible to cascade regular 80cf (I think that's the right size) scuba tanks? I have looked into the storage tanks and they are just too much without having a nearby compressor available.

Any help or links are greatly appreciated.

and yes I tried posting in another thread, but it didn't get responded to, so I just started another thread
Team Fallout Forum
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-26-2006, 10:34 AM #2
Wicked F00
God of Sales

has been a member for 10 years
possible- yes

PRACTICAL- not really

Each tank would need a "scuba fill station" or some similar device for clamping onto the tank itself. Rather than having the fill QD on the fill station you would have to put a T on there to run the air lines in two directions, one To the tank being filled and one to the next pressure step up in the line. Scuba tanks don't hold alot of air once you start using them for a purpose such as field fills though and for the most part won't do better than around 3000 psi.

The great thing about being a human, the ability to reason. But reasoning don't work when no one cares, 2 parts apathy, 1 part despair
Old 05-26-2006, 02:00 PM #3
ThePBMinistry (Banned)

Yes I cascade My scubas, I have 4 of them and had the linkage made at a local hydraulic shop. I used 4 scuba fill stations from Category 5, kept it all quick disconnect.