PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-17-2006, 05:48 PM #1
PointBlank017

Question New Jersey Paintball Laws

Recently I had the idea of building a small a field on my tennis court to play paintball and airsoft on with my friends. I planned on using some wood pallets and plywood to build bunkers. The court hardly gets any use so I can pretty much use it anytime. The problem is I live in New Jersey where there is a law against pretty much anything you could think of. If it is being done privately and on my property, is it legal? My neighbors are cool so they shouldn't mind either. If anyone could enlighten me on the regulations of paintball in New Jersey I'd appreciate it. Suggestions on constructing the field would be helpful too. Thanks.

Here was the arrangement I was going for, of course all the bunkers will be movable.

Advertisement
Old 05-17-2006, 06:32 PM #2
kaotickilla
on the real though...

USe some cheap Extreme Rage air bunkers. Wood will tear up the tennis court and will suck to move.
Old 05-17-2006, 06:38 PM #3
PointBlank017

I don't have hundreds of dollars to spend on those air bunkers that pop after a year and can't be anchored to to the pavement. Wood will be fine and cheap enough. The surface of the court is already run down and messed up.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:47 AM #4
BennyTB
Combat Rock

If it's on your on property and not like in the middle of a city or a heavly populated area if it's got some seclusion and your not looking to turn it into a business u should be fine

where are you in Jersey anyway?
Old 05-18-2006, 04:31 PM #5
PointBlank017

I live in Essex. It's a quiet street and part of the area behind the court is woods anyway. I think it'll be fine too, I'll only use it on weekends so it's not like I'm shooting constantly.
Old 05-25-2006, 03:53 PM #6
armymann132

Wink

i put some extreme rage bunkers up and it works (i have a fence)
itrs legal i think but i dont care
evil pipe kit
dye tank
clear halo b

DON WORRY WE HAVE CURRY!!!
OBEY YOUR MASTER
Old 06-21-2006, 01:15 PM #7
sloonan

In NJ, paintball is allowed on private property for most municipalities (thank Top Gun paintball) but it is left to each municipality to decide this. Find the phone number for your local police department, the non emergency number, and ask them what regulations exist for your town. Also be careful if this is on your property that your insurance company doesn't find out that you have a "field" on your property or they could drop you for liability purposes.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:38 PM #8
dam2

Its legal has long has you do not make profit with the field. So you cant have a business because its residential and not industrial. Also you must make sure that nobody can get hurt because you wont have wavers for people to sign so you could potentialy get sued
Old 06-27-2006, 02:28 PM #9
deviilinsiide (Banned)

just ask your neighbors if its alright first and dont play at like 2:30 in the morning
Old 07-01-2006, 11:21 PM #10
XSV434

pvc+tarp=cheap airball- the air bunkers
Old 07-03-2006, 02:25 PM #11
dablue
The Entire Cavalry

too add to sloonan's reply

Even though it is allowed on private property you might be required to make the field up to the insurance code which has netting 20 feet high around all sides if you live close to your neighbors, right now I don't know of any law that prevents you from discharging you gun on your property in rural areas<of course I live in PA but I am sure it is pretty much the same everywhere> but it would be safe to go to a town meeting or something with your parents and say that you would like to put up a speedball field in your backyard for personal use.
As long as you have paintball type netting to a certain height I do not see why it wouldn't be allowed.
J.S.O.C. - Joint-Special-Operations-Command
Old 07-03-2006, 02:29 PM #12
ionowner07470
i like corn

ionowner07470 helped look for balloons
u will b using reballs right?
Old 07-03-2006, 07:19 PM #13
bitz25yo (Banned)

i live in freehold and i built a feild in my back yard and nobody says **** to me
Old 07-05-2006, 01:03 AM #14
dablue
The Entire Cavalry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitz25yo
i live in freehold and i built a feild in my back yard and nobody says **** to me
discharging your gun is no problem on your own property just as long as your not aiming at your neighbors house or other's property
just like swinging a baseball bat on your property is perfectly legal until your intending to knock out the windshield of your neighbors car

your local ordinances might prevent you from putting up the right kind of fencing if you live close to your neighbors<height, type of footing, type of pole and type of fence itself could be regulated in your locality>. It is always best to check with your local government before setting up a field in your backyard.
If you have acres and acres of land to play on then you should let your parents know because they would be liable for any injuries and damages that any player may incur
J.S.O.C. - Joint-Special-Operations-Command