Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

This forum is no longer used for new feedback. Please read this thread for more information.

Old 11-25-2002, 05:42 PM #1
mang
Banned

mang is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Thumbs down Flynbyu...

I recently traded a 68/4500 Armageddon and $800 dollars for his 2k1 Ripper Intimidator, "used by Bob Long".
I had spoke with him the night before about the gun, and asked how it was. "No leaks, works perfectly, great condition" were the basic things that he said about the gun. He also told me that it had been used with a preset tank the last time he had played with it, so it was all setup for a preset tank. I felt confident in the transaction, I had read many good feedback threads posted about flyn. So I sent out my money, with the tank, and waited for the Ripper to arrive.
A few days later, the gun came. I was thrilled, although it was a little dirty it was a beauty. I got my 68/5000 screw-in, and aired it up. Pssssssssss. Leaking from behind the reg housing. Fine, I thought, probably just a bad o-ring. I took a shot, and then another. The gun was shooting very hot, in my estimation over 350fps. Definitely not setup for a preset. I degassed the gun, went inside, and went to take the trigger frame off. There was no front screw in the trigger frame, and it was fairly obvious that the front hole on the body had been stripped out. No big deal, I still got one holding, right? Wrong. As I unscrewed the back screw, I heard that all-too-familiar grinding sound. The back hole on the body was also stripped out.
I tapped out the body as well as the trigger frame, but cannot find the right length screws to hold the trigger frame on tightly. I needed to purchase a new cup seal for the gun, this whole fiasco has left the board basically shot, the body completely altered (I'm lucky the tap worked), and the trigger frame altered as well.

Flyn keeps IM'ing me about the other 65 dollars I owe him for the gun, I don't know if I should pay him. I spent well over $65 getting the gun in semi-working shape.

Please exhibit caution when dealing with him, this is the last thing I would expect from such a reputable trader.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-29-2002, 02:08 AM #2
flynbyu01
Banned

Ok listen. You never asked me about any of this. I had no idea of any of the problems with the gun when I sent it. Now that I am aware of this, I am more than happy to let you keep the money, but can I at least get my rail and on/off back? I paid too much for that damn rail and waited like 3 months for slow *** Air America to send it back. So whatever, I dont care about the money, just send me my rail back. Sorry you've had to go through this.

Vince
Old 11-29-2002, 03:31 PM #3
Burnt Pixel
east coast killa

Burnt Pixel is a Supporting Member
Burnt Pixel is a founding member
<< I had no idea of any of the problems with the gun when I sent it. >>

I find this hard to beleive, as I have the gun in my hands right now. The leak mang mentions is due to a loose reg housing. Oh gee, take it apart one more time, and the reg hosing screw is stripped also.

DAMN the reg housing itself is stripped too, and no matter how tight the screw, it still is loose. A new cup seal and poppet helped stop the leak.

Now, all he has to worry about is a faulty LCD. The gun boots up 1 in 3 tries, and when it does boot up, if you bump the grip frame, the lettering changes to some sort of chinese. I took the frame apart and saw that the LCD ribbon was installed half-assed. Only about 30% of the ribbon is locked in to the board. Luckily, the other portion was not damaged so I was able to reset it into the lock, and the LCD is working fine so far.

Pictures are below of the LCD screen problems.

Notice the odd lettering, this was because of the ribbon not being installed correctly.

Also, another interesting point is the use of teflon tape on the macro fittings on the stabilizer. Don't try and pull that mang did this, because the fittings have not changed since the pictures you took of the Ripper. If this was Bob's gun, why did he use teflon tape when his own manual warns that it will void the warrantee if used? It's a very sloppy tape job to boot.

Last edited by Burnt Pixel : 11-29-2002 at 03:34 PM.
Old 11-29-2002, 05:36 PM #4
flynbyu01
Banned

I never EVER put this on mang. I took that reg off my cocker to replace the old one, so that explains the teflon. Anywho, MANG, you need to go ahead and send me the drop and stuff cause the guy who I sold it to (who you said you would send it out to the DAY after you recieved the gun) has now threatened to file with paypal. So seriously bro, stop playing games and send it.

Vince

PS, there is a reason Im having you keep the 65$
Old 11-30-2002, 11:02 PM #5
Prodigy

Old 12-01-2002, 12:05 AM #6
JinxGenius

he should keep them because you sent him such a crapped up gun! Dang i hate people that do this!
Old 12-01-2002, 12:07 AM #7
JinxGenius

and even if he didnt ask you about the stripped things you definately should have warned him about that! It is just plain mean not to
Old 12-01-2002, 12:37 AM #8
flynbyu01
Banned

I had no idea, as I never took gun apart myself. I am not charging him the rest of the money he owes me as a result.
Old 12-03-2002, 04:12 AM #9
timebomb
RAZALIFE.COM

timebomb is a Supporting Member
timebomb is a founding member
timebomb works for a Paintball manufacturer
timebomb donated to help Peyton Trent
Why don't you give him a refund on the marker for the price he paid (minus the work he had to put in) as well as the armageddon, and you get your gun back (rail and so forth included).

It's obvious roughly $1000 in value for that Ripper isn't worth the headache's it has caused mang.

Mike
Old 12-03-2002, 04:57 PM #10
mang
Banned

Word Mike.

Flyn, get me on IM, I would like to discuss this further.
Old 12-03-2002, 08:02 PM #11
flynbyu01
Banned

Well, seeing as the money has been put into... A: Down payment on car, and B: Lesser gun, refund is out of the question unless I hit the lotto. He still owes me money, which I am having him keep. Mang, everytime I instant message you about getting my stuff sent out, you avoid me, therefor you have not encourged me to cooperate with you AT ALL. Whatever tho, Ill be on tonight.
Old 12-03-2002, 09:13 PM #12
mang
Banned

Well, considering you promised me a working gun for my money, and I did not receive it, I don't think it would be out of line at all for me to ask for a refund. It is mail fraud.
Old 12-05-2002, 07:25 PM #13
TotalImmortal
TranceAddict

TotalImmortal is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by flynbyu01
Well, seeing as the money has been put into... A: Down payment on car, and B: Lesser gun, refund is out of the question unless I hit the lotto.
Don't try to pull that ****, you make gun transactions almost daily and are constantly fabricating purchases. Give him a refund. Obviously, you're not the great trader you make yourself out to be. Mischievous prick.

Progressive, do you hear it?
Funk, do you feel it?
Progressive funk biatches, do you spin it?
Old 12-06-2002, 09:04 PM #14
mang
Banned

By "lesser gun" he must mean his Green LCD trix that he offered to XnagolX earlier.
Old 12-06-2002, 09:15 PM #15
Burnt Pixel
east coast killa

No money? Yea right.

You're looking into buying a dynaflow, jt barrel and two free flows... and you've got a matrix that you are considering trading.

Give me a break.
Old 12-06-2002, 11:58 PM #16
Nikeswift15
I AM THE **** COMMANDER

I think that you guys should allow mang and vince to work this out on their own. They dont need any help from you guys. Its unfair to ruin a good traders rep when your not 100% positive on what went down.
-Sean

My feedback - http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=146077
Old 12-07-2002, 01:07 AM #17
flynbyu01
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Burnt Pixel
No money? Yea right.

You're looking into buying a dynaflow, jt barrel and two free flows... and you've got a matrix that you are considering trading.

Give me a break.
Dynaflow - For my friend Chris, hes getting back into pball and needs one, go ahead and IM him at Pballin foo. Many of the things I buy/sell/trade are not for me. Two free flows I cant even remember. That was probably before I got my trix. And yes I am buying a JT barell. Im spending 55$ whole dollars.

Nikeswift, I agree.

Update: Since mang didnt send back my rail or on/off, I had to ully refund the guy who paypalled me, and im also out 22$ for that rail that I waited so long for, so W/E.
Old 12-07-2002, 02:24 AM #18
predballer
?

predballer is a Supporting Member
vince just paid his depts off to me, so he actually doesnt have any money. lay off the kid until you have the details
Old 12-07-2002, 05:14 PM #19
mang
Banned

You're out $22, I'm out $175 and the gun still doesn't work properly. You'll get no sympathy from me.

And predballer, what do you mean "lay off the kid until you have the details"?. I have the details.
Old 12-07-2002, 05:32 PM #20
Burnt Pixel
east coast killa

And as far as I'm concerned, I am fixing the gun right now, so yes, I know the details, big guy.
Old 12-07-2002, 05:40 PM #21
Dark Sheep

Here is an objective look at this from an outsiders point of view if anyone cares:

If you never asked about condition or cannot provide proof that he said it was servicable, you need to return his things and pay him his $65.00 because you have nothing to uphold your argument that he did not hold up his end of the bargain.

Morally he should have told you what was wrong, but the laws are based on "let the buyer beware". Sorry kid, you might just have to take a loss.

My advice to you is this: uphold your end of the bargain by giving him what is his and his $65.00 so that you yourself can at least say you upheld your part of the bargain. You will feel better about yourself for doing so, I promise.

On the flip-side, if you CAN provide proof of what has occured, then you need to talk with the guys at USPS or whatever shipping service you used to complete the transaction. If that is the case, then return his things so he cannot hold anything against you ($65.00 and his gear if that was apart of the deal) and make sure it is both insured and certified by signature so that if he does not sign for it, he cannot recieve it and say he never got it when questioned later.

As for you prefballer, what he did with the money is irrelevent, and no, if he suspects he is being cheated, he should not lay anything but turn up the pressure.