Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-18-2006, 03:27 AM #22
$PJ$ (Banned)

$PJ$ is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by XOne
Everyone, calm the **** down. Although we have our differences, I think it is safe to say we all believe one thing...... That the history channel is the best channel.
To the history channel.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-18-2006, 09:10 AM #23
sutcivnI (Banned)

sutcivnI is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by XOne
Everyone, calm the **** down. Although we have our differences, I think it is safe to say we all believe one thing...... That the history channel is the best channel.
It's an interesting channel to watch, that's for sure. But the same things that make it worth viewing -- the inflammatory topic choices, exaggeration and omission of key facts, and the purposefully lurid and sensational narration, among other things -- are also what make it a worthless source in my opinion.
Old 05-18-2006, 02:24 PM #24
XOne (Banned)

I know what you mean.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:03 AM #25
sharps990
wdp4life

sharps990 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
instapundit?

PAINTBALL: Its a drug and we are all addicted.

Angel 90 Empire.
The Angel 90 EMPIRE
Ride. Or Die.
Old 05-20-2006, 02:41 PM #26
ThunderpigsGO
joined in '04

cspan ftw
Old 05-20-2006, 09:27 PM #27
bern

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sutcivnI
-Wikipedia (nothing says trustworthy and unbiased like something that can be freely edited by anyone in the world with internet access)
I disagree. Wikipedia is probably the closest thing to unbaised there is. Of course whoever wrote the article could include a bias, but if someone disagrees with that slant they can rewrite it with less of a bias. This process would repeat until no more bias can be taken out, and you are left with something close to pure fact. bais bias bias.

If you don't think the information is correct, check the sources. Most all wikipedia articles have citations as to where the information came from. If they don't have citations or the you don't think the sources are good, then that article probably doesn't contain the most accurate information. But don't think that all wikipedia is bad because of a few articles.

I put more trust in wikipedia than coporate run media because coporate run media has sponsors and advertisers and parent companies to worry about before they run a story. Do you think NBC would do an extensive, balanced investigation into GE's industrial pollution, when NBC is owned by GE? Wikipedia is non-profit so it has no censor.