PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-15-2006, 03:57 AM #1
casual t (Banned)

Operation Northwoods

ABC news does a good job in examining Operation Northwoods. I would like to point out this article was written months before 9/11.

what i'd like to discuss in this thread is:

Could something like this happen again? It seems many on this board feel safe and secure with their govt. As in the govt actually cares for their well being. Thankfully the civilian leadership at the time struck down these proposals. But these plans havn't vanished into thin air...just perfected over time imo.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=92662

N E W Y O R K, May 1, 2001 In the early 1960s, America's top military leaders reportedly drafted plans to kill innocent people and commit acts of terrorism in U.S. cities to create public support for a war against Cuba.

Code named Operation Northwoods, the plans reportedly included the possible assassination of Cuban émigrés, sinking boats of Cuban refugees on the high seas, hijacking planes, blowing up a U.S. ship, and even orchestrating violent terrorism in U.S. cities.

The plans were developed as ways to trick the American public and the international community into supporting a war to oust Cuba's then new leader, communist Fidel Castro.

America's top military brass even contemplated causing U.S. military casualties, writing: "We could blow up a U.S. ship in Guantanamo Bay and blame Cuba," and, "casualty lists in U.S. newspapers would cause a helpful wave of national indignation."

The documents show "the Joint Chiefs of Staff drew up and approved plans for what may be the most corrupt plan ever created by the U.S. government," writes Bamford.

click the link to read more

p.s. sorry if this is a repost i can't remember if i started a thread about this.

Last edited by casual t : 05-15-2006 at 05:58 AM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-15-2006, 11:57 AM #2
hp_lovecraft
Resident old timer

has been a member for 10 years
And?

A general under JFK wrote up a list of hypothetical propaganda methods against Cuba? And? The list was never used, and the General was later fired.

It has NOTHING to do with currents events whatsoever. At worst, its just a black eye for JFK, though all reports imply that it was just ignored by everyone.

Its been known about for a long time. The only reason is has resurfaced is the morons who think that Aliens flew spaceships into the WTC, or whatever on 9/11

Nick
Old 05-15-2006, 12:57 PM #3
sdomen (Banned)
Evil's Resident Cynic

Good job bringing up something irrelevant that has been talked about 235235235 times in ST.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:46 PM #4
BCP Klaus
Sodomization happens!

has been a member for 10 years
so should I break out my tinfoil hat or not?
Old 05-15-2006, 07:38 PM #5
I love Impulses
Keep Calm and Booze On

I love Impulses is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCP Klaus
so should I break out my tinfoil hat or not?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Old 05-16-2006, 12:35 AM #6
casual t (Banned)

you guys havnt answered the question...just flaming like ******s apparently. oh well.

anyways i'll ask again for the retarded around here...

could military generals draft such plans today? and just because one civilian leader shut them down, does it mean another would do the same thing?

just curious thats all. your ******ry is laughable though.

in no way ever did i connect this to 9/11. i just pointed out it was written well over 5 years ago. no where did i say THIS IS NEW INFORMATION EVERYONE MUST HERE. i wanted a discussion duh.

and i already appologized in the intial thread if this was a repost topic so i'm not appologizing twice

and lovecraft it was declassified in 1997 and made public. it resurfaces because to some people it makes sense. just like how to some people it makes sense to believe in a giant invisible god in the stars that lives in a giant mansion known as " heaven " .
Old 05-16-2006, 12:50 AM #7
lri2x97
Sex Bicycle

lri2x97 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by casual t
and lovecraft it was declassified in 1997 and made public. it resurfaces because to some people it makes sense. just like how to some people it makes sense to believe in a giant invisible god in the stars that lives in a giant mansion known as " heaven " .
you must be new. allow me to explain, here in this forum, "just making sense" is not an acceptable form of argument. people who post stupid **** like this with no other purpose than an excuse to yell "zOmG CoNSPiRaCy" are shut down and assraped in every imaginable way by posters like nick, usually sooner rather than later. those people that, "believe in a giant invisible god in the stars that lives in a giant mansion known as " heaven "", are treated no differently here.

back your stupid bull**** up with evidence, decent arguments that can't be shot to pieces with a quick google search, and a mature, acceptable way of expressing your views and maybe, maybe you won't get torn a new ******* every 3rd post.

until then, i suggest you make with the grabbing of the ankles.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:55 AM #8
casual t (Banned)

how was i not mature in my initial post? I asked a question that nobody answered.

what bull**** are you talking about? i just reguritated what ABC news reported on. are you saying THEY don't back up their " evidence " , which in this case is a declassified document.

i'm sorry did you want me to post a link to the actual document? wow

I didn't make any assertions. jesus christ do you guys know how to read? when someone uses a question mark, they are asking a question. and you just added your dumb bull**** to the rest of the replies without even staying on topic.

read my intitial post. it's not a conspiracy. it's not immature. it's a ****ing question based on a document.

*******es sheeesh. only did i stoop to your immature level after being attacked. ******s.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:58 AM #9
lri2x97
Sex Bicycle

Quote:
how was i not mature in my initial post? I asked a question that nobody answered.

what bull**** are you talking about? i just reguritated what ABC news reported on. are you saying THEY don't back up their " evidence " , which in this case is a declassified document.

i'm sorry did you want me to post a link to the actual document? wow

I didn't make any assertions. jesus christ do you guys know how to read? when someone uses a question mark, they are asking a question. and you just added your dumb bull**** to the rest of the replies without even staying on topic.

read my intitial post. it's not a conspiracy. it's not immature. it's a ****ing question based on a document.

*******es sheeesh. only did i stoop to your immature level after being attacked. ******s.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1547454

you have lost any and all semblance of credibility in any discussion on this forum (not that there was much to begin with mind you). just so you can't delete it, here's the original post of your thread, entitled "Free speech doesn't exist":
Quote:
haha because the recent 9/11 thread got closed.

there is no debate on 9/11! case closed! locked thread! oh and all the rumors were started by the french!

hahahaha so funny.

there is plenty to debate about 9/11. for instance my view is:

personally i think it was just CIA blowback. trained a bunch of dumb****ing arabs to kill russians and they turned on us and it doesn't help they teach their kids in school about the great satan in the west. case NEVER closed. seriously, how can the case be closed if we're still at war wit the ****ers?

i think emotions just run wild with this **** and shutting people up is a good, but very immature way of dealingl with these feelings.

sorry i had to start a thread about it...i really just wanted to reply to a post in another thread but couldn't because free speech doesn't exist on privately owned internet land.

you can shut up now.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:59 AM #10
casual t (Banned)

haha i love how you guys dance around the ****ing question like you don't know what to say.

US Generals in the past have drafted plans on attacking americans for war support. you cannot refute that.

Could this happen again?

YES OR NO AND WHY

easy...really it's easy. you guys are taking this thread way too personal. sheeeeeeeeeeeeesh.

but i'll bet this thread gets locked before anyone can answer.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:03 AM #11
casual t (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lri2x97
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1547454

you have lost any and all semblance of credibility in any discussion on this forum (not that there was much to begin with mind you). just so you can't delete it, here's the original post of your thread, entitled "Free speech doesn't exist":

you can shut up now.
why would i delete it? i'm sure it will get locked anyways. if you don't agree that the french are starting rumors about america then YOU CAN'T REPLY TO THIS THREAD.

hahaha
Old 05-16-2006, 01:04 AM #12
lri2x97
Sex Bicycle

Quote:
why would i delete it? i'm sure it will get locked anyways. if you don't agree that the french are starting rumors about america then YOU CAN'T REPLY TO THIS THREAD.

hahaha
wow. you're a ****ing idiot. you really, really are.

*edit*

know what? i'm feeling generous. so congratulations, you now get to prove yourself. give me one, just one good reason why i should there was a conspiracy surrounding 9/11. one piece of evidence that can't be completely explained by modern science and that doesn't mesh absolutley perfectly with what we've been told. shouldn't be too hard right? after all, us frenchy-bashers never have been the smartest group have we?

one piece of evidence, one bonafide discrepancy, one solid theory. anything.

get to work.

Last edited by lri2x97 : 05-16-2006 at 01:08 AM.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:06 AM #13
casual t (Banned)

i'm not the one deviating off topic to tell someone they've never met how dumb they are.

why don't you answer the initial question of this post mr smarty pants.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:10 AM #14
XOne (Banned)
Un soldado de Dios

Operation Northwoods means nothing.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:10 AM #15
lri2x97
Sex Bicycle

Quote:
i'm not the one deviating off topic to tell someone they've never met how dumb they are.

why don't you answer the initial question of this post mr smarty pants.
can it happen? yes. will it happen? nearly invariably no. question answered. now then, back to assraping you. i believe you still have a task to complete.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:14 AM #16
casual t (Banned)

hey thanks for your input. finally. some people are slow eh? everyone else chimed in a timely manner...lol
Old 05-16-2006, 01:16 AM #17
lri2x97
Sex Bicycle

Quote:
one piece of evidence, one bonafide discrepancy, one solid theory. anything.

get to work.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:29 AM #18
casual t (Banned)

ok i thought providing a source by ABC World news, a mainstream media organization, would be proof enough, but i'm not gonna go scour the internet for the actual document. you're just being a prick. everyone else that has added their two cents to this issue arn't denying the existence of this document.

only you for some idiotic reason.

how smart is that?
Old 05-16-2006, 01:42 AM #19
lri2x97
Sex Bicycle

Quote:
ok i thought providing a source by ABC World news, a mainstream media organization, would be proof enough, but i'm not gonna go scour the internet for the actual document. you're just being a prick. everyone else that has added their two cents to this issue arn't denying the existence of this document.

only you for some idiotic reason.

how smart is that?
show me where i denied the existence of the document you ignorant assclown. just one post, just one word.

the question i asked you does not relate to the article, or to Northwoods. if you would read the post (something which, apparently, is below you), you would see that i am asking for any factual evidence backing up the rediculous claims you have made regarding 9/11.

now then, i'm still waiting. keep in mind that your already-nearly nonexistent credibility is diminishing with each passing post in which you do not answer my request.
Old 05-16-2006, 02:01 AM #20
casual t (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lri2x97
you would see that i am asking for any factual evidence backing up the rediculous claims you have made regarding 9/11.

now then, i'm still waiting. keep in mind that your already-nearly nonexistent credibility is diminishing with each passing post in which you do not answer my request.
um it's common courtesy to show evidence of me actually saying that before accusing me. go on smarty pants. quote me. what are my rediculous claims about 9/11 in this thread?

now if you're getting your threads mixed up, in another thread i felt that 9/11 was just blowback from CIA operations gone bad. is that what you're talking about? I'm pretty sure that's in another thread, and i'll be more than happy to elaborate on my THEORY if you really want to read it.

but i believe the ball is now in your court. ok mr. evidence...quote my rediculous remarks on 9/11 in this thread. all i said was that the article was written before 9/11.

hardly rediculous.
Old 05-16-2006, 02:08 AM #21
Hahn

To IrI,

Do you have any questions about what happened that day? Why do or don't you?

If you do, research it and quit being an ******* to people who mean nothing to offend you.

If you dont, then quit being an ignorant *******.

If freedom of speech does exist, this is the place and the time to use it....like any where else and any time.

Last edited by Hahn : 05-16-2006 at 02:11 AM.