Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-14-2006, 09:29 PM #1
slateman

slateman is a Supporting Member
slateman is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Bush proposes putting some National Guard units on the border

Its only Yahoo news but . . . .

I gotta say, this would really win him some favor in my book. This is one of my three biggest issues with him, that he seems to do nothing to secure the border.

to Bush for once
Advertisement
Old 05-14-2006, 09:40 PM #2
XOne (Banned)
Un soldado de Dios

Horrible decision. I would rather him just start building the wall. This isnt one of his biggest issues, this is another important issue he is going to hurry through just because he wants his approval rating to go up before the end of his presidency.

He didnt have to do this, we could have given the issue more time so that we may analyze what our best options are instead of rushing through it.
Old 05-14-2006, 09:46 PM #3
p8ntballtroll
Banned.

i like it, go bush !
You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field and it doesn't matter that you failed a test, didn't get the girl, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours.

Originally posted by PBDojoLP: is anyone else horney? is it weard that im naked right now?
Old 05-14-2006, 10:11 PM #4
25bps (Banned)
Cause for Concern

25bps is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by XOne
Horrible decision. I would rather him just start building the wall. This isnt one of his biggest issues, this is another important issue he is going to hurry through just because he wants his approval rating to go up before the end of his presidency.

He didn't have to do this, we could have given the issue more time so that we may analyze what our best options are instead of rushing through it.
I only partly disagree. There really isn't much to analyze. 10,000 troops+a couple thousand border patrol agents = no illegal crossings.

However it doesn't really matter since this is just a distraction while he grants amnesty. The troops will be gone within (assuming they ever go through with it) a matter of months. A wall and enough agents to staff it is the only real solution as far as the border itself goes. Without that, I can guarantee you in 10 years time we will have another 24 million illegals rioting for amnesty. It seems likely to me he wants to put troops there so that he can ship them off to Iraq as soon as the issue dies down.
Old 05-14-2006, 11:09 PM #5
I love Impulses
Keep Calm and Booze On

I love Impulses is a Supporting Member
Heard it today, "It's only a bandaid over a cancer" It is only momentary, and in all reality this will have a little effect.

The better option is the wall, but Bush doesn't have enough power left, or he simply doesn't want that.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Old 05-15-2006, 12:39 AM #6
Influence-Ebola
Its tough in the streets!

Influence-Ebola is a Supporting Member
^ Boy, that would get interesting.

Using troops would be a great idea. If you want to come into the country, great. Make sure you can speak the language, and get in using legal means. The immigration test should be changed, but aside from that, using troops is fair game. We should patrol our borders however we see fit. They are our borders, and in some repects (international shipping) need to be protected way more.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:10 AM #7
P8ntLife189
Not a Gang Member

also, troops on the border is only a temp fix, the border security really needs to be beefed up and perhaps a wall be built, before we are over run
I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman. The position may, in the eyes of some, appear to be a lowly one; but we who know the work which the fireman has to do believe that his is a noble calling. Our proudest moment is to save lives. ~Edward F. Croker

Liberal Democrats don't want praying in school. Why? Because praying causes thinking. And thinking causes Republicans.

Last edited by AndyAllen019 : 05-15-2006 at 01:16 PM.
Old 05-15-2006, 08:46 AM #8
Rugrat

1) How are we going to pay for X thousand troops on our boarder?

2) With deployments to Iraq, Afgahnistan, and the Balkins just how many more deployments can we task the AR and NG before they become Regular Army troops or collapse?

3) How much juristriction will the troops have? Do you allow the troops to bust illegals, drug runners, and law breakers? Or are they just watch dogs, land only report crossings to teh Border Patrol?

4) How long will the troops have to be on teh border? Until we can find a better solution or the end of teh next election?

5) What happends when disaster strikes at home and your NG troops are deployed? Ask the people of New Orleans how much help they got from their NG troops deployed in Iraq.
CPPA #2701
Old 05-15-2006, 11:39 AM #9
idriveavw
Unicorn Power!

idriveavw is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugrat
1) 3) How much juristriction will the troops have? Do you allow the troops to bust illegals, drug runners, and law breakers? Or are they just watch dogs, land only report crossings to teh Border Patrol?
they are saying that they will only be there in support roles.
ST sXe Crew Member #4

2002 Galactic Blue VW Jetta GLI
VWFixx
Old 05-15-2006, 11:59 AM #10
Rugrat

^^ So is that like "support roles" we used in Vietnam and in Iraq with the Iraqi secuirity forces, or is that like "support roles" used at the airports in the wake of 9/11?
CPPA #2701
Old 05-15-2006, 12:55 PM #11
The Dread Pirate
Warning: Choking Hazard

The Dread Pirate is a Supporting Member
I think this is a freakin excellent idea. Go Bush!
Old 05-15-2006, 01:27 PM #12
idriveavw
Unicorn Power!

idriveavw is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugrat
^^ So is that like "support roles" we used in Vietnam and in Iraq with the Iraqi secuirity forces, or is that like "support roles" used at the airports in the wake of 9/11?
they will man security stations (watching monitors), do desk work, pilot unmanned survailance drones, etc. basically do everything they can to free up the border patrol so they can actually patrol the border
ST sXe Crew Member #4

2002 Galactic Blue VW Jetta GLI
VWFixx
Old 05-15-2006, 01:27 PM #13
doublenot7
KAFIR

Nice idea but i'm not so sure how well that would fit into current strengths and deployment of the NG units. Under less critical times you could activate them fortheir 2 week training sessions and send them for border duty, but most combat NG units are already active.

BTW the NG units in NOLA did help out and not just ones from LA either.

The better answer is privitation! I happen to know of a company already putting their bid offers in...
Old 05-15-2006, 01:42 PM #14
BCP Klaus
Sodomization happens!

minefield and shark/alligator/crocodile filled mote for the win?

on a serious note, I agree...this will be a temporary deal, designed to appease the "base" and not really have any long term effect. What we need to do, is round up as many as possible (based on realistic logistics of course) and ship 'em home, build a wall, and let them get in line if they want to enter legally. In the short term, we need to also go after the "incentive" bringing these workers here by the thousands a day, and make companies liable for breaking the laws, thus making it harder for illegals to get jobs. Regardless of whether you refer to it as a guest worker program, it really all boils down to amnesty, and thats not acceptable.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:49 PM #15
MéthOd onE
That's Deep

Whatever the decision Bush makes it needs to be quick and drastic.
US has too much on their minds: Katrina, THE WAR, Moussai, Illegal Immigration, riots.
Our prime focus needs to be on doing something progressive with the war and help the homeless and helpless in New Orleans. The immigrants definately chose a wrong time to start coming in here, something could have been thought of to work out to their advantage.

Last edited by MéthOd onE : 05-15-2006 at 01:55 PM.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:50 PM #16
LyKeToTaLlY (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MéthOd onE
Whatever the dicision Bush makes it needs to be quick and drastic.
US has too much on their minds: Katrina, THE WAR, Moussai, Illegal Immigration, riots.
lol what riots....and moussai is safely locked behind bars
Old 05-15-2006, 02:27 PM #17
Rugrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublenot7
Nice idea but i'm not so sure how well that would fit into current strengths and deployment of the NG units. Under less critical times you could activate them fortheir 2 week training sessions and send them for border duty, but most combat NG units are already active.

BTW the NG units in NOLA did help out and not just ones from LA either.

The better answer is privitation! I happen to know of a company already putting their bid offers in...
I was talking the 256th, who had 3,000+ troops at FOB Striker when the storm hit LA. If being in Iraq isn't bad enough, watching the TV news parasites filming your homes and families getting washed away doesn't help either. I also don't think it was much of a comfort to teh people of LA to know that their troops where busy in Iraq, "protecting" their freedoms, while they watched the waters rise and waited for rescue.
CPPA #2701
Old 05-15-2006, 03:53 PM #18
MéthOd onE
That's Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyKeToTaLlY
lol what riots....and moussai is safely locked behind bars

ALL THE ****ING PROTESTS PEOPLE ARE MAKING FOR AMERICA KICKING ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS OUT
learn to watch some news and get facts right before you distort them.
Old 05-15-2006, 06:14 PM #19
25bps (Banned)
Cause for Concern

25bps is a Supporting Member
From what I'm picking up, it's only 5000 troops, for a limited time, basically acting as minute men with guns. They will be shipped off to Iraq right after midterm elections.

Think this has anything to do with his approval ratings hitting 29%?
Old 05-15-2006, 06:35 PM #20
Furious Ge0rge (Banned)
Don't Tax me, Bro.

He's also requesting $2 billion...
Old 05-15-2006, 07:32 PM #21
I love Impulses
Keep Calm and Booze On

I love Impulses is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious Ge0rge
He's also requesting $2 billion...
The wall will cost $4billion and be permanent. The wall>2 months of Natioanl Guard

Speaking of money, one littile scratch in my bumper is costing me $592 to fix, total BS.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬