Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-14-2006, 07:27 PM #1
jayweb2 (Banned)
I USED 2 B JAYWEB NOT 2K6

Question general buiness project

ok heres my rough draft for my 9tyh grad buiness project

pb feild in south florida 1.25 acer lot off major road rent 4k a month
overhead 8k month
make 30 out of 50 on a case (feild owners u dont need to admit it just tell me if im off)
15 admission -2$ air net 12$
so
42$ net of avg player not including rentals

42$ x200 players a weekend fri, sat, sun and reserves

8,400 a week x 3 weeks (1 out of 4 just in case of slow days)
25k - 4k -8k - 3kmisc = 10g a month 10x12 = 120k not including holidays and summer vacation only based on a 3 day week 1 out 4 weeks no show or rainy days

120k min 200k max (including summer vacation 6days a week insted of 3)

feild set up

2xball
1 5man 1 of the feilds will be designated for rec 1 will be for teams or high end walk ons
1 7man

capitil including 6months rent and 4 months overhead and 2k a month for insurance = 125k

am i on target plaese set me straight if im wrong

thanks for your time
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-14-2006, 07:36 PM #2
DVI

to start out, correct your spelling and grammar.
Team Fallout Forum
Old 05-14-2006, 07:43 PM #3
Fiszaj
Euroballer

Fiszaj is a Supporting Member
As I am not a field owner and I am not located in the US I am only able to help you out with some of the stuff.

You're definitely off when it comes to the cost of paint - it costs more and you have to include the cost of transport.

You did not include the cost of hiring staff, covering air supply cost, maintaining the field, cost of gas (bringing in supplies, driving to the field) - All these may or may not be included in the 3k for misc. cost.

The biggest thing you have left out is the initial cost of setting up - bunkers, air setup (compressors, boosters, large tanks), netting and poles, preparing the surface, putting a trailer or small hut on the premises, advertising, setting up toilets, buying rentals, buying a car for bringing in supplies, setting up a secure place to keep everything you do not want to have stolen when you're not open.

Last edited by Fiszaj : 05-14-2006 at 07:48 PM.
Old 05-14-2006, 07:46 PM #4
PB_Matty

Ummm....wages? You aren't reffing everything by yourself are you?

and I'm estimating paint to be probably more along the lines of $20 to $15 a case on a case sold for 50. Shipping cost alone drives up prices on paint for a field (a case is not light, and a pallet is going to probably run at least $100 to ship)
Old 05-14-2006, 08:01 PM #5
jayweb2 (Banned)

wadges are 8k a month thats more than generous and we would also have a few volentere refs

125k total for every thing

there would be a container holding everything exept paint the container can be bought used for 3000 teh paint would in a public storage where house and would be transported in a smal trailer for about 5.00$ worth of gas a day not to mention 15 muinets of labor pallet jack rools straight onto my 5x10 hualmark trailer like 2k at home depot.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:03 PM #6
jayweb2 (Banned)

im guessing they make at least 25 most feilds paints that i went to were 50$ over glorifid white box
here was the prices

dusk 50$ a case
comp edge 40 a case
proto 65$
Old 05-14-2006, 08:08 PM #7
Freeplay
Network Guru

first off..if you are talking about the haulmark enclosed trailers they are closer to 5k...paint is more like 30 bucks minimum cost. 5 bucks of gas a day? what are you hauling it with... a moped?

**R.I.P James Williams 5/1/2007**
**R.I.P Lauren McCraw 6/7/2008**
Old 05-14-2006, 09:30 PM #8
Hardened Sniper
MORGENSTERN

has been a member for 10 years
I haven't done the math but will this fit on 1.25 acres with a parking lot and other non-field areas also: 2xball
1 5man 1 of the feilds will be designated for rec 1 will be for teams or high end walk ons
1 7man
?
Old 05-14-2006, 10:57 PM #9
adgergewh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardened Sniper
I haven't done the math but will this fit on 1.25 acres with a parking lot and other non-field areas also: 2xball
1 7man
?
Not very well.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:39 AM #10
taggearpaintball

taggearpaintball plays in the APPA D5 division
taggearpaintball has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
taggearpaintball has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
taggearpaintball has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I like the fact that you are assuming 200 players a weekend on a 1.25 acre field.

It's great that you are trying something like this as a business plan in school, but definitely do some research at some local fields or shops...I think you'll be surprised at how much you have over estimated the profitability of owning a paintball field, especially one with these dimensions.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:09 PM #11
jayweb2 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeplay
first off..if you are talking about the haulmark enclosed trailers they are closer to 5k...paint is more like 30 bucks minimum cost. 5 bucks of gas a day? what are you hauling it with... a moped?

you got me on the haul mark but i dont think you understand my situation
this feild would be in the south flroida area no farther than 20 miles from a storage facility also the only thing transported to the feild on a daily basis would be paint whic is in a storage facility no more than 20 miles away thus gas being 3-4 dollers and a small truck burning 18-25mpg it should cost me 10$ a day max.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:51 PM #12
crapppyballer
I GLUE ANIMALS TO ROCKS

crapppyballer is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by taggearpaintball
I like the fact that you are assuming 200 players a weekend on a 1.25 acre field.

It's great that you are trying something like this as a business plan in school, but definitely do some research at some local fields or shops...I think you'll be surprised at how much you have over estimated the profitability of owning a paintball field, especially one with these dimensions.
i agree his numbers are a little off but from what i've heard about the florida scene 200 players a weekend is not impossible. for his size
Old 05-15-2006, 06:05 PM #13
KEFarris

KEFarris has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
2 things.

sales tax

Amortize your fixed assets over time. Many fields go out of business when it is time to replace netting, bunkers, compressors, ect. Know you cost per year over the life time of the assets.
Old 05-16-2006, 08:44 AM #14
endurium00

You should read: The Accounting Game: Basic Accounting Fresh from the Lemonade Stand

You may not have enough time to read it before you project is due however you should read this book. It will give you an idea on how to run your own biz. In fact, most of the middle management I have found can't master the concepts found in this book.

Remember - you have to know the rules of the game before you can play or you will always lose. Consider this book the basics of the game we call "making money."
Old 05-16-2006, 07:38 PM #15
jayweb2 (Banned)

thanks for all the info guys

i have gone to ece and i have seen up to 150 kids there on a sunday and they have the same setup as i would have

chaos b4 they closed was like this

fri 20 people
sat 8o people
sun 60 people

rest of week 20 people

summer it was like 75 a day 7 days a week