PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-13-2006, 11:34 PM #1
TaN
Proud to Be Canadian

has been a member for 10 years
Exclamation Questions about Burst disc's HELP!

I have a tourny tommorow I need HELP!

One of my burst disks blew on my 68/45 LP crossfire tank. On the burst disk it has 100 engraved on it, When I called my local shop they told me it was either a 1.8k or a 45k, Which one is it thats blowen? Neither burst disk has a 1.8 or a 45.... The ones I do have are the one that says 100 and the other says MK.

Can anyone help me choose which one i should replace. The one that is 100 is the one that is blown. I bought a 1.8k burst disk and i'm hoping I have the right one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-14-2006, 08:20 AM #2
balios

The 1.8k one is for the one closer to the threads, the higher pressure one goes closer to the tank.

The one closer to the tank is to ensure the tank doesn't overpressurize, the one closer to the threads is incase the reg is leaking.

Also, 45k sounds too big, if I remember correctly I have a 7.5k for a 45 tank. If he means 4.5k, that'd be too small for a 45 tank, you'd be bursting whenever you get a max fill...
Old 05-14-2006, 11:21 AM #3
ZDS
Not ynda/zdspb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaN
I have a tourny tommorow I need HELP!

One of my burst disks blew on my 68/45 LP crossfire tank. On the burst disk it has 100 engraved on it, When I called my local shop they told me it was either a 1.8k or a 45k, Which one is it thats blowen? Neither burst disk has a 1.8 or a 45.... The ones I do have are the one that says 100 and the other says MK.

Can anyone help me choose which one i should replace. The one that is 100 is the one that is blown. I bought a 1.8k burst disk and i'm hoping I have the right one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
the guy sounds like a shop monkey (sorry steve!). I'd assume by 45 he means the 7.5k burst disc.
Old 05-14-2006, 02:56 PM #4
acid Burn
USMC

acid Burn is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
if its your lp burst disk that blew then you cannot just replace the disk. if the lp disk blows then it means the reg has gone bad. it has to be sent to crossfire to be rebuilt.