PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-13-2006, 08:23 PM #1
NadeMagnet

crossfire fill nipple question

I just got a crossfire tank and when i screw it in the fill nipple ends up pointing straight up. It doesnt hit my drop but it's going to be very hard to get a hose on espically when im wearing gloves. I tried to put 2 orings on the tank under the threads but it doesnt screw in far enough for the rings to effect the tank position. It's got 2 burst disks and a fill nipple so my question is. Can I switch the nipple position with one of the burst disks? If so, is this something I can do myself? When I screw it into my check-it on/off it doesn't do it but I want to keep the proto one on. I like the self bleed and the fact that it only takes one full turn to gas/degas the marker
Also how do I unscrew the guage cap on my proto asa. I assume its been locktighted in. I already tried to heat it with a hair drier to the point that it was painfull to leave my finger touching the metal but it still didn't budge.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I feel like a ******* for not bringing my marker down and trying it before spending 200.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-14-2006, 09:09 PM #2
NadeMagnet

up
Old 05-14-2006, 10:48 PM #3
careyman_462
Maverick says :tup:

Don't up this again.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:09 PM #4
sharples

sharples is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
the ports for the gauge and nipple are interchangeable but NOT the burst disc
Old 05-15-2006, 05:50 PM #5
NadeMagnet

Hey Carryman why don't you stfu if your not going to help. People like you are why so many hate the nation. I uped it because it was already on page 2 after less then an hour and a half with a bunch of views but no responces. Your a little young to be giving people threatening orders. Learn some manners pal.

Thank you Sharples. Switching it with the guage would actually be perfect. I wouldn't have to turn my marker sideways to read the guage like my pmi and the nipple would be directly to the right. Is this something I can do myself? I'm not sure whats around the nipple and guage. It looks like some sort of peach colored putty. It's not hard and I can wipe it away with my finger so i'm assuming it's just there to stop leaks not to hold the threads tight. Anyone know what it is? If they are locktighted in how do I unscrew them? lol I'm having trouble just getting the cap off the side of my airport.